Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, thanks. The browser thing makes sense, but I don't see how that's not a Nintendo Network service when third party apps like Netflix are.

I think browser is not a nintendo service as it just access internet, nothing more.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I have netflix and youtube wads installed on my vwii but im not going to connect my internet to try them. But i would assume anything on vwii still works as normal.

The vwii "emulate the wii 4.3, so I assume yes too.

Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to smack the hell out of everyone in this thread. You have always been required to update for online access.

NOTHING HAS CHANGED!!!

What are you talking about? The only thing that requires the latest update is the Eshop. My 3DS is on 7.1.0 and everything works including online for mario kart 7(except Eshop) and the WiiU never until now required the latest version

Reactions: Adr990

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
What are you talking about? The only thing that requires the latest update is the Eshop. My 3DS is on 7.1.0 and everything works including online for mario kart 7(except Eshop) and the WiiU never until now required the latest version
We aren't talking about the 3DS, we are talking about the Wii U. The Wii U has always required you to update for online services, although I didn't always kick in right away. I've experienced it personally, as have others.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We aren't talking about the 3DS, we are talking about the Wii U. The Wii U has always required you to update for online services, although I didn't always kick in right away. I've experienced it personally, as have others.

People need to get the hell over it, deal with it by either leaving the WiFi off, or update, the choice is there's ;) I for one chose to have it off and am no worse for wear, still enjoying the console :P

Reactions: Ryanrocks462

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
People need to get the hell over it, deal with it by either leaving the WiFi off, or update, the choice is there's ;) I for one chose to have it off and am no worse for wear, still enjoying the console :P

My choice has been made... Homebrew. No online. I know it sucks, I can't play MK8 online anymore. But, local multiplayer, with friends, being drunk, having fun, IS something we still can enjoy though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64