PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

0arsoluto

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Wait, the WiiSX Silver wasn't only for remove the bilinear filter?
No tearing, no bilinear, 240p u have to change video mode=4 at settings archive in wiisx folder... At same way videowidth must be fixed in 0 because 2 is for panoramic tv, 4:3 is 0. The graphic improvement is amazing. If u are using a wii with rgb cable then u have to use other dol or u will watch only red on tv screen. https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiisx-silver.606627/

Last edited by 0arsoluto,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
wiisx silver compatibility is not as bad as it may seem at first. what happens is that SuperrSonic gave the emulator dol with its default options with the least compatible configuration (select bios HLE and boot through bios No). If you can enter the configuration (which I have already achieved and also turn off the frame skip that SuperrSonic left it On) and set the emulator to launch the games through the bios, you would be surprised at the compatibility playing through SD. Certain games cannot be played and there is no choice but to play on wiisxrx 2020. Playing the games that can be played at 240p is impressive and the Supersonic mod is incredibly good, running the games very well.... I use wiiflow and my priority when running the games it's wiisx silver and then the other emulators... why?... 240p... the difference is insurmountable... play castlevania sotn or angel eyes or little ralph or tombi or grandoll or the kaisoku tenshi or the kowai sashin or the mad stalker or the wolf fang or the two two tenkaku or the zanc x zanac or the abalaburn or the gex or the gokuu densetsu or any other 2d game, even in 3d it is light years away to see it at 240p at another resolution on a crt
wiisx silver is very very outdated, the compatibility sucks and the author never shared the source code so one cant even see what he changed...
Sadly, what could have been a cool contribution for the community, ended up being a great fiasco by hoarding the code forever, from an emulator that was open source to begin with. It's not like it was out of a private Patreon build.

No tearing
That's v-sync. This was already superseded.

Updated the list with more previously problematic games tested.

Deleted member 533457

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Sadly, what could have been a cool contribution for the community, ended up being a great fiasco by hoarding the code forever, from an emulator that was open source to begin with. It's not like it was out of a private Patreon build.
It's sad that he never released the source code, at least could have been ported to Wiisxr or Wiisxrx. :(

0arsoluto

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It's sad that he never released the source code, at least could have been ported to Wiisxr or Wiisxrx. :(
SuperrSonic has always shown me that he is a selfless person with integrity. whenever I have told him something he has helped me wasting his time. if he doesn't share something or help with something for some reason it is. and I respect that. Just as I respect that people do things their way and under their personal considerations

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
SuperrSonic has always shown me that he is a selfless person with integrity. whenever I have told him something he has helped me wasting his time. if he doesn't share something or help with something for some reason it is. and I respect that. Just as I respect that people do things their way and under their personal considerations
you cant modify an open source project and make it close source its illegal, so what you think doesn't really matter, being illegal is why he had to take the link down, when using an open source program you can only share it if you post the source code of your modifications.

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Guys, it is a thread about WiiSXRX_2022 by @xjsxjs197, doesn't it?

Maybe playing in 240p is important for some people (I personally use 47' LCD TV and don't even know, if it supports that mode), but we all have read - there are other priorities right now. Keep waiting for new release and do some tests, rather than arguing about dead fork.

Walwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello. Could someone please explain how to configure "samba" on windows 10 and wiisxrx?

EDIT 1: I managed to configure. Now I get the message "smb failed to connect". The same configuration I put in settings.cfg I put in an android app. The android connects without problems, only the wiisxrx doesn't. Does anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by Walwii,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

0arsoluto

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
hello. I have been doing some experiments as a result of finding out something at the graphic level. using the wiisx silver emulator in the game crash bandicoot 3 I noticed a curious graphic effect. Once the game has started in the phase selection area, when entering the options menu and varying the CTR value, which by default is 0, passing through the value -13 and 15, the screen enters the video mode similar to the one shown It can be seen in the wii emulators when we run the games x2, ghost in the shell, love and destroy and some more (for example the sexy parodius (j) at 240p also does it but in wiisxrx2022 it looks normal). I thought maybe trying the same game from different regions at 240p with wiisxr silver and the resolution of wiisxrxr2022, I could correct that graphic problem in some region, either in pal or ntsc. so i tried the x2 pal and japanese and the ghost in the shell pal, usa and japanese... both in wiisx silver and in wiisxrxr2022 the graphic problem appeared in all regions of the game... whether at 240p or at the other resolution... why the crash bandicoot 3 when changing the CTR value in the menu to certain values caused that graphic error and why the sexy parodius (j) when playing it at 240p had this same graphic problem and when playing it in wiisxrx2022 it didn't ?. I leave this reflection-question in case it helps to finally understand what is the graphical error that causes this distortion making certain games unplayable. a greeting

0arsoluto

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
hello. I have been doing some experiments as a result of finding out something at the graphic level. using the wiisx silver emulator in the game crash bandicoot 3 I noticed a curious graphic effect. Once the game has started in the phase selection area, when entering the options menu and varying the CTR value, which by default is 0, passing through the value -13 and 15, the screen enters the video mode similar to the one shown It can be seen in the wii emulators when we run the games x2, ghost in the shell, love and destroy and some more (for example the sexy parodius (j) at 240p also does it but in wiisxrx2022 it looks normal). I thought maybe trying the same game from different regions at 240p with wiisxr silver and the resolution of wiisxrxr2022, I could correct that graphic problem in some region, either in pal or ntsc. so i tried the x2 pal and japanese and the ghost in the shell pal, usa and japanese... both in wiisx silver and in wiisxrxr2022 the graphic problem appeared in all regions of the game... whether at 240p or at the other resolution... why the crash bandicoot 3 when changing the CTR value in the menu to certain values caused that graphic error and why the sexy parodius (j) when playing it at 240p had this same graphic problem and when playing it in wiisxrx2022 it didn't ?. I leave this reflection-question in case it helps to finally understand what is the graphical error that causes this distortion making certain games unplayable. a greeting
salamander deluxe pack plus does the same thing as crash 3 when played at 240p but in reverse. the game goes wrong by default (with the effect of distortion of the image) and when changing the position of the screen in options it is seen correctly (when the screen moves to the left)... I think I remember that the space shot also had this graphic problem and with wiisxrx 2022 has been corrected. Soukaigi also had this distortion in the graphics and now with wiisxrx2022 the game menu still has it but the game runs perfect without this defect

Last edited by 0arsoluto,

vbarros22

Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Wow, thanks OP for this emulator, now i can play tales of phantasia and tales of destiny without any crash and with full voices.

Please avoid those obsessive 240p fetish people and continue at your own pace.
Theres a lot of fetish people here
some with cdda
some with 240p
some hopping tha the dev do the better he can

rtarplee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if it's possible, since saves must be indexed in the first block first.
this indexing occurs in the NAND I assume? That makes sense then.

On the topic of NAND - has there been any headway (for the Wii or Wii U) on modifying a system NAND for use on a different system? I know I'm diving off topic here, but I have a few systems lying around with various NAND issues (Wii U that cant update past 5.5.2, and another one where the vWii is partially bricked [cant return to Wii U system menu without crash requiring power pulled]) that I'm wondering if I can salvage or should be stripped for parts.

Reactions: 0arsoluto

rtarplee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it occurs on the memory card. the first block is the toc. a memory card is 16 blocks of 8KB each for a total 128KBs.
Great, thanks for that info - I am still pretty green at the deeper technical stuff here, so bear with me!

So if the console must be able to read the mem card toc to read whether a save exists or not, is the barrier the fact that the console doesn't know to look for a save for a game that hasn't been run? Apologies if I am not 100% on that, trying to put the pieces together in my brain.

rtarplee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, great. So if I create a memory card with dolphin emu and add saves from various games to that card, then try to load an unplayed game with a save present, obviously the save isn't recognized. If I create a save with this game, the save is named a hash of letters.mcd. I can take this new save that was created and inject a new save into it, and it works.

Furthermore, I've noticed that if I perform the above process but ALSO have injected the same saves into "slot2.mcd" which is generated at any time you check memcard slot 2 for a save, then (as expected) this save does not show up either. However, once I injected the created save with the custom save and ran the game again, the system could now see the injected save on both the newly created save that it was injected into, as well as slot2.

I MAY be wrong here, and please correct me if so, but it looks possibly like the emulator doesn't use shared memcards? Every save creates a unique .mcd file unless the save exists as an injected save on an "original" save created by WiiSXRX. I've even tried renaming .mcd files to match the generated save file created on first run and replacing them, but that doesn't seem to work.

Is there a mechanic I am missing here regarding games written to the TOC? I mean also I could be way off - this has all just been kinda experimented with across PC/vWii/Wii systems. I do appreciate your insight greatly @godreborn!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Alright, great. So if I create a memory card with dolphin emu and add saves from various games to that card, then try to load an unplayed game with a save present, obviously the save isn't recognized. If I create a save with this game, the save is named a hash of letters.mcd. I can take this new save that was created and inject a new save into it, and it works.

Furthermore, I've noticed that if I perform the above process but ALSO have injected the same saves into "slot2.mcd" which is generated at any time you check memcard slot 2 for a save, then (as expected) this save does not show up either. However, once I injected the created save with the custom save and ran the game again, the system could now see the injected save on both the newly created save that it was injected into, as well as slot2.

I MAY be wrong here, and please correct me if so, but it looks possibly like the emulator doesn't use shared memcards? Every save creates a unique .mcd file unless the save exists as an injected save on an "original" save created by WiiSXRX. I've even tried renaming .mcd files to match the generated save file created on first run and replacing them, but that doesn't seem to work.

Is there a mechanic I am missing here regarding games written to the TOC? I mean also I could be way off - this has all just been kinda experimented with across PC/vWii/Wii systems. I do appreciate your insight greatly @godreborn!
afaik it uses single saves per game not shared memory cards, that is why on the save folder you got a save for each game, unless the OP changed that on this new fork.tbh i havent bothered to look but since my old saves loaded fine i think its still a save per game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGhImEo-u9Y