PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

retrodern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'll start by saying that I hope it won't cause any problems if I leave the link to this YouTube video
I was looking for information on the incompatibility of games like F1 2000 on PCSX-Rearmed (which the WiiStation emulator is based on) and I rightly found that it has the same problem that freezes on the first screen (or like the old versions it only gives a black screen)
But looking at a reddit post on the same problem, a user left a link with the demonstration of the game working after having fixed something:
Is it possible to fix it on Wiistation too?

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
I'll start by saying that I hope it won't cause any problems if I leave the link to this YouTube video
I was looking for information on the incompatibility of games like F1 2000 on PCSX-Rearmed (which the WiiStation emulator is based on) and I rightly found that it has the same problem that freezes on the first screen (or like the old versions it only gives a black screen)
But looking at a reddit post on the same problem, a user left a link with the demonstration of the game working after having fixed something:

I think this was fixed in the latest PCSX-ReARMed, and possibly also in the latest commits of Lightrec.

But we would need to check what they did for fix those games.

Reactions: retrodern

0arsoluto

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Have you ever tried to put wiiflow on your wii? so you can have the game boxes. I am making PS1 boxes from all regions of many games with photorealistic quality. It may be a good time to launch games on Wiiflow. Some examples. The images are photographed with a mobile phone on a CRT TV so the level of detail is lower than the real thing. all the best
box arts would be nice, they need to be in big size not small like on not64/wii64
Post automatically merged:

IMG_20230913_210545.jpg
IMG_20230913_210555.jpg
IMG_20230913_210409_1.jpg
IMG_20230913_210132.jpg
IMG_20230913_205718.jpg
IMG_20230913_210027.jpg
IMG_20230913_210047.jpg
IMG_20230913_210202.jpg
IMG_20230913_210604.jpg
IMG_20230913_210608.jpg
IMG_20230913_210616.jpg
IMG_20230913_210626_1.jpg
IMG_20230913_210620.jpg
IMG_20230913_210123.jpg
IMG_20230913_205757.jpg

Last edited by 0arsoluto,

corrigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi! I'm trying to load games from usb but it says " error opening directory "usb:/wiisxrx/isos"". Of course the directory exists and there are games there. It loads games correctly from SD but from USB it's like it doesn't read the USB drive at all. I'm already using this drive with usb loader gx and nintendont and it works wonders, and it's connected to port 0. Suggestions?
Hi. i had the same issue.
You need 2 partitions.
Wiistation requires a fat32 one, so format your usb drive in fat32 32k MBR and it will work.
USB loader GX needs an NTFS partition and Nintendont can handle Fat32 either.

Last edited by corrigo,
Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
"Add Wii Message Board support for write playlog"

Is it possible to disable this? The less NAND writes the better.
@_47iscool

Time ago i made that small change that allows WiiStation to write the play time on the Wii Message Board if booted from a Wii channel.

But now what i test, with later versions of devkitPPC, this isnt working anymore... :v

So i would think to revert that change and make a PR for remove that since its now... useless.

@retrodern

Could you try also these games with latest artifacts (builds) of WiiSX for see if these crashes also occurs there?

http://github.com/emukidid/pcsxgc/actions

Reactions: seam1 and _47iscool

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was playing Tekken 3 on Wiistation last night and i noticed that even tough Tekken 3 runs better thanks to interlaced mode, at times the framerate will chug around with stutter occasionally, specially when thinks get very frenetic.

And the game does not display well either with frame skipping.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was playing Tekken 3 on Wiistation last night and i noticed that even tough Tekken 3 runs better thanks to interlaced mode, at times the framerate will chug around with stutter occasionally, specially when thinks get very frenetic.

Sounds like Lightrec caching.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C The Contra Adventure no controls or inputs work home does not even work to get back to the wiistation menu hitting reset in the wii brings it back to the wiistation menu.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I will leave a compiled build of latest code of WiiStation with latest changes from @xjsxjs197 (obviously with all the mods and improvements made by @Jokippo) but i recompiled it this time using latest GNU Lightning and Lightrec libraries as of Sept 15, 2023.

Latest commit of WiiStation used: https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/7f3bfbf1a68b77546be726f7f786eb3e5eb74c5c

With latest Lightrec until commit https://github.com/pcercuei/lightrec/commit/b53e0e808d1425d93d3430f526b9f739b1a9c42e

This fixes the crash at first loading screen on Twisted Metal III, and possibly fixes other games.

Please test this build, thanks ;)

Attachments

• WiiStation_240pV14_git_7f3bfbf1_latestLightrec_15092023.zip
    1 MB · Views: 13

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country

Interlace and frameskipping together doesn't work, it's one or the other

Dakangel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi. i had the same issue.
You need 2 partitions.
Wiistation requires a fat32 one, so format your usb drive in fat32 32k MBR and it will work.
USB loader GX needs an NTFS partition and Nintendont can handle Fat32 either.
One Drive or HDD for all games should work ( i'm using it for all my isos).
Fat32 with 32kb clúster and three main folders on root.
Wbfs folder for Wii games.
Games folder for Gamecube.
Wiisxrx/isos for Playstation (and the other required folders for wiistation).

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@xjsxjs197

I'm not sure if I have said it before or not, but thanks for the option to disable the bi-linear filter. I prefer the the more pure look over the blurry filter.

Also, have you thought about changing, when you use a normal BIOS with full boot the "WSX" to the what a real console does by showing instead the region code like SCEI/SCEA/SCEE?

Last edited by _47iscool,

BlkQueenofTN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having issues getting wiisxrx 3.3 FS (for Wii) to recognize the bios and iso files. I've followed along with instructional videos but I can't get it to work. Please help!

- Wii is modded to 4.3U
- Homebrew and open shop channel is up and running
- Renamed the psx bios from github
- WiiSXRX is installed and working
- Still, the program isn't reading the bios or iso file.

*also, I'm on a mac computer.. and when I download the bios file it is a mac binary file that is zipped. Some say they are supposed to be zipped, some say otherwise. I've tried unarchiver, extractor, and stuffit expander and I cannot get the bios extracted.

• Is everyone else bios file zipped when they place it in the folder?
  • What is the file format of the iso games? Mine are either .bin or cue files and wiisxrx can't read them.
Could someone please walk me through this? Thanks

seam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My bios has always been unzipped. SCPH101.BIN etc. I would recommend downloading a copy that isnt in a compressed archive if you cant seem to extract it.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Just a random question does wiistation/wiisxrx have the 480p pixel patch integrated?
Since WiiStation is compiled using libOGC2 by Extrems, i could say it includes the 480p video fix.

I'm pretty sure official releases of WiiSXRX also have this 480p video fix by Extrems as well.

Reactions: Xcali

Xcali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
I'm having issues getting wiisxrx 3.3 FS (for Wii) to recognize the bios and iso files. I've followed along with instructional videos but I can't get it to work. Please help!

- Wii is modded to 4.3U
- Homebrew and open shop channel is up and running
- Renamed the psx bios from github
- WiiSXRX is installed and working
- Still, the program isn't reading the bios or iso file.

*also, I'm on a mac computer.. and when I download the bios file it is a mac binary file that is zipped. Some say they are supposed to be zipped, some say otherwise. I've tried unarchiver, extractor, and stuffit expander and I cannot get the bios extracted.

• Is everyone else bios file zipped when they place it in the folder?
  • What is the file format of the iso games? Mine are either .bin or cue files and wiisxrx can't read them.
Could someone please walk me through this? Thanks
should be like this wiisxrx/bios/SCPH1001.BIN
make sure HLE bios disabled

retrodern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@_47iscool

Time ago i made that small change that allows WiiStation to write the play time on the Wii Message Board if booted from a Wii channel.

But now what i test, with later versions of devkitPPC, this isnt working anymore... :v

So i would think to revert that change and make a PR for remove that since its now... useless.

@retrodern

Could you try also these games with latest artifacts (builds) of WiiSX for see if these crashes also occurs there?

http://github.com/emukidid/pcsxgc/actions
Sorry for the late answer, when I go back to my other house where I have the Wii, as soon as I have it in my hands I'll try it immediately and let you know 💪 thanks for the support
However with WiiSX I have always had the problem that the emulator cannot locate the "isos" folder and I cannot select the games, with WiiSXR / WiiSXRX and WiiStation I have never had this problem so I don't think it depends on my HDD

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Sorry for the late answer, when I go back to my other house where I have the Wii, as soon as I have it in my hands I'll try it immediately and let you know 💪 thanks for the support
However with WiiSX I have always had the problem that the emulator cannot locate the "isos" folder and I cannot select the games, with WiiSXR / WiiSXRX and WiiStation I have never had this problem so I don't think it depends on my HDD
thanks for letting me know, but btw i tested F1 2000 in latest WiiSX and it also crashes at first screen like u said :P

So i think it's an Lightrec issue, i think because of unimplemented ICache emulation in that core.

I opened an issue on Lightrec in GitHub, hope it gets taken care.
https://github.com/pcercuei/lightrec/issues/24

Last edited by SaulFabre,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played