PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This creates a small issue in itself. Nothing big, but something to note of.

Most people don't know that the PSX had 3 gamepad revisions. The emulators on the Wii support the non-analog, simple gamepad (SCPH-1010), and the revised Dual Analog Controller (SCPH-1080), but doesn't have a distinction for the DualShock Controller (SCPH-110U). SCPH-1010 was actually emulated as a sort of fake hybrid between the first two (without Analog of course, for which you had to explicitly activate support inside the emulator settings). This hybrid allows you to use the rumble feature (originally present only on the japanese Dual Analog controller).

Since this fake hybrid controller is no more, you can't have rumble without enabling Analog (like the japanese Dual Analog Controller) in the emulator, with the problem being that you can't then have rumble inside games that do not support said Dual Analog Controller (Mortal Kombat 4, among others), which are a lot, as that gamepad was later phased out by the new and improved DualShock, which retained the best of previous revisions and has 100% compatibility for all PSX software, as you could simply disable analog with the press of a button on the real hardware, while having the rumble feature always present.
well better than dsi exception on driver 2 and possibly more games no?

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
well better than dsi exception on driver 2 and possibly more games no?
Again, as I said: not a big issue, I don't mind as I know the real hardware behavior (and own said hardware), but explained as users will ask why rumble suddenly disappeared from games where it always worked before, since it didn't need any sort of activation inside the emulator. The Driver 2 issue was a limited case.

Reactions: V800 and SaulFabre

Lawlezz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
plz try 2 get lunar silver star story complete and lunar eternal blue complete to work if possible and spiderman and megaman legends 2
Post automatically merged:

plz try 2 make lunar silver star story complete and lunar eternal blue complete with spiderman and megaman legends 2 work if possible

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
plz try 2 get lunar silver star story complete and lunar eternal blue complete to work if possible and spiderman and megaman legends 2

plz try 2 make lunar silver star story complete and lunar eternal blue complete with spiderman and megaman legends 2 work if possible
preety sure those worked? did you tried the latest builds?

new version of wiistation was released
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/releases/tag/WiiStation_Ver2.0

Last edited by pedro702,

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are 3D games playing out lately on this emulator? Something like Metal Gear Solid or even Ghost in a Shell running at a nice fps?

Sorry I ask, it’s been a while since I even used my
Wii U for anything since it’s in storage but I’ll be getting it again soon.

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
How are 3D games playing out lately on this emulator? Something like Metal Gear Solid or even Ghost in a Shell running at a nice fps?

On Wii U pretty flawless MGS 60fps from what I played as for ghost in the shell I haven't tried but I assume probably full speed.

Sent from my 2201122G using Tapatalk

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

on wiiu every game is garantted 99% being locked 60hz since you can overclock the wii app easily.

btw @xjsxjs197 just made a new update to fix vibribbon and maybe any game that used that technique
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commits/main

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador

Zorg07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Excellent update, I saw that several games that required frameskip now no longer need it, for example Castlevania SOTN, but other games like TEKKEN 3 still require this option, now I have a problem is that the PAL bios sound like a damaged radio at the beginning, This happens with games like Dino Crisis (also in the initial part when you press START, you keep listening), other games that also happen were with Parasite EVE 2, to mention perhaps in other PAL games they precede the same, in the previous version That didn't happen, well I was aware of the latest builds of version 1.0, and it didn't happen either. I hope it can be solved :)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Excellent update, I saw that several games that required frameskip now no longer need it, for example Castlevania SOTN, but other games like TEKKEN 3 still require this option, now I have a problem is that the PAL bios sound like a damaged radio at the beginning, This happens with games like Dino Crisis (also in the initial part when you press START, you keep listening), other games that also happen were with Parasite EVE 2, to mention perhaps in other PAL games they precede the same, in the previous version That didn't happen, well I was aware of the latest builds of version 1.0, and it didn't happen either. I hope it can be solved :)
better open an issue on github with instructions how to replicate imo.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Latest build of WiiStation as of April 27, 2023

WiiStation - main branch until git 19848c3
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/19848c365534e59a0ea7ca2e9be59c110c124bef

Latest change on main branch is fixing the audio issues that were present on all regions of the game Vib-Ribbon, so the music can be heard correctly now (which, ironically, i reported it time ago xD).

But... a small warning: this could affect some other games' audio, so @xjsxjs197 states that needs to be tested with all possible PS1 games for see if this fix has an impact with the games' audio/music.

Please test this build, thanks ;)

better open an issue on github with instructions how to replicate imo.
@pedro702
@Zorg07 doesn't have a GitHub account, so i reported it in GitHub for him

@Zorg07 i have reported this problem here: https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/issues/85

Attachments

• WiiStation_main_git_19848c3_27042023.zip
    888.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited by SaulFabre,

september796

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I am very happy with the development that Wiistation has had. I don't even feel the need to run it overclocked anymore as every game I've tried so far runs at full speed. In fact, I'm wondering if at this point the c2w patch is necessary at all. It's been ages since I launch it through the wii u forwarder, instead I just power on the wii u holding the button shortcut to go directly into vWii menu, then HBC then wiistation.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I am very happy with the development that Wiistation has had. I don't even feel the need to run it overclocked anymore as every game I've tried so far runs at full speed. In fact, I'm wondering if at this point the c2w patch is necessary at all. It's been ages since I launch it through the wii u forwarder, instead I just power on the wii u holding the button shortcut to go directly into vWii menu, then HBC then wiistation.
There are still a few PS1 games that need frameskipping and/or vWii overclock for run at full speed, such Tekken 3.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
thanks again for all your hard work, would you happen to have the link to the overclocked forwarders?
Time ago i made a Wii U forwarder with overclock support for WiiStation.
Look at the previous pages of this thread, i have posted it here.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
You must not play too much. A lot of games still need it, even with the wonderful lightrec core developed by the WiiSX team is in place now in all the PSX emulators for the Wii. Emukidid and his team have made the impossible possible.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users