PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I remember correctly, Silent Hill is one of those unique cases in psx emulation on Wii. I *think* I remember that if you turn the dithering on it fixes the too-fast speed.

Also IIRC, dithering was one of the bigger problems with psx emulation on Wii ages ago? It defaulted to on and it really impacted performance. Wasn't defaulting dithering to off one of the features of @niuus first release of WiiSXRX?
I tried SH (USA) with and without. It still runs the same.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
I tried SH (USA) with and without. It still runs the same.
if you're playing the game Silent Hill (USA) using Dynarec, try using Interpreter

Or better try using the PAL (Europe) version of the game.

Last edited by SaulFabre,

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Latest build of WiiSXRX_2022 (WiiStation) from main branch until git cd5a79aa
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/cd5a79aae4f45b2a3a44b751e8e2a9e56935515b

This commit looks like it adjust again the CDDA timing (@niuus, please retest Mortal Kombat Trilogy with this build)

I will post the build here ;)

EDIT:
These problems are now solved in this build:
  • If you load a game, then return to emulator menu. Enter Settings, change "Boot Trough Bios" to "No", and press down, it causes an instant DSI code dump error. Same issue happens if you don't load a game.
  • If you load the emulator, then press "Quit" and then "OK" without loading a game, it causes an instant ISI (not DSI) error.
  • If you load the emulator, then press "Settings", and then "Execute Bios", it causes an instant ISI error.

Attachments

• WiiStation_WiiSXRX_2022_git_cd5a79aa_18092022.zip
    803 KB · Views: 26

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Test from latest build.

Saber Marionette J - Works seemingly at Full Speed!, too bad its a mediocre game.

Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha - Runs no more then 45 FPS during gameplay and character selection.

Street Fighter Alpha 3 - So Far no Good, Runs no above 50-55fps most of the time, and average of 45 fps

Spider-Man - Slow at 45fps and missing textures (White flat buildings)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Test from latest build.

Saber Marionette J - Works seemingly at Full Speed!, too bad its a mediocre game.

Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha - Runs no more then 45 FPS during gameplay and character selection.

Street Fighter Alpha 3 - So Far no Good, Runs no above 50-55fps most of the time, and average of 45 fps

Spider-Man - Slow at 45fps and missing textures (White flat buildings)
no one said the speed would be better yet, that is why you have frameskip xD

Jilou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it possible to play at four player ? In Homebrew Browser, I can see the nombre 4 on the wiimote... Is it an error ? I never manage to play at four player (except one game with Wiisxr Multitap)...

Attachments

• 16635889335575901242221726702085.jpg
    16635889335575901242221726702085.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 31
Last edited by Jilou,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is it possible to play at four player ? In Homebrew Browser, I can see the nombre 4 on the wiimote... Is it an error ? I never manage to play at four player (except one game with Wiisxr Multitap)...
only niuus wiisxrx version has a prototype multitap that only works on afew games it doesnt even work on all games that multitap worked on ,you can find the experimental build in niuus github grab the one that says multitap
https://github.com/niuus/WiiSXRX/releases/tag/v3.0

If possible, I wish there was a forced classic controller setting for input.

Because when using SRL, it is cumbersome to enter the menu once after running.

This is just my wish. :)
what do you mean forced? wiisxrx works with lots of controllers, so the one you have connected is the one that will work. of course if you have gc controllers connected or other controllers they will be used too.

Jilou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
only niuus wiisxrx version has a prototype multitap that only works on afew games it doesnt even work on all games that multitap worked on ,you can find the experimental build in niuus github grab the one that says multitap
https://github.com/niuus/WiiSXRX/releases/tag/v3.0

what do you mean forced? wiisxrx works with lots of controllers, so the one you have connected is the one that will work. of course if you have gc controllers connected or other controllers they will be used too.
Thank you ! ^^. I'll test it tomorrow or the day after tomorrow (certainly with Bomberman party edition). I'll share my experience if you want ^^.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thank you ! ^^. I'll test it tomorrow or the day after tomorrow (certainly with Bomberman party edition). I'll share my experience if you want ^^.
if that is the game you want i think you are in bad luck according to niuus txt the games he got multitap working were
TESTED & WORKING:
- Captain Commando (NTSC-J)
- Crash Bash (NTSC-U)
- NBA Jam - Tournament Edition (NTSC-U)
- NBA Jam Extreme (NTSC-U)

so multitap on bomberman was either untested or doesnt work at all.

Qaztab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Latest build test. pretty much same issues I noted before in a couple games:

Batman Forever - title screen music starts out with full symphony but instruments drop out as the music plays. In 2.7 and 3.0 there's a full orchestra the entire time.

Diablo - background music loses pacing.

Not really noticing anything outside of those things that are worse or better, but also didn't do extensive testing either.

Also tried Simpsons Wrestling as I've never played it before. It runs full speed without frame-skip with full audio. It's a special kind of awful game too. :)

Zorg07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
@xjsxjs197
I wanted to start the castlevania SOTN Japanese version game, but it starts at the beginning with the bios and this appears to me, it is strange because without the bios it starts normally, but I would like it to start, the niuss wiisxrx does reproduce the normal bios and then The game launches for me, I hope this little problem can be solved. By the way, the game with this emulator is going very well, there is already sound in the introductory part, you have to activate frameskip so that it runs perfectly, a good emulator indeed. very thankful

1663645136309.png

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@xjsxjs197
I wanted to start the castlevania SOTN Japanese version game, but it starts at the beginning with the bios and this appears to me, it is strange because without the bios it starts normally, but I would like it to start, the niuss wiisxrx does reproduce the normal bios and then The game launches for me, I hope this little problem can be solved. By the way, the game with this emulator is going very well, there is already sound in the introductory part, you have to activate frameskip so that it runs perfectly, a good emulator indeed. very thankful

View attachment 328002
@Zorg1996

Please tell us the game ID of the game you're trying to load.
Also, what version of WiiSXRX_2022 are you using?

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@xjsxjs197
I wanted to start the castlevania SOTN Japanese version game, but it starts at the beginning with the bios and this appears to me,
Are you using CUE file?

Haven't checked it with latest build, but latest release had problems with loading BIN files - simple workaround is to always use CUE files (even if there is single BIN file).

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Are you using CUE file?

Haven't checked it with latest build, but latest release had problems with loading BIN files - simple workaround is to always use CUE files (even if there is single BIN file).
and cue files need to be correct, there are many bad cue files out there on the web too.

Qaztab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@xjsxjs197

View attachment 328002

This looks extremely similar, although not exact, to a problem I was having with Tatsunoko Fight and Panzer Bandit which ended up being bad CUE files.

and cue files need to be correct, there are many bad cue files out there on the web too.

And this is my explanation as well. Check the CUE file. It's a text file. Make sure the filenames listed in the CUE file are the actual names of the BIN files. niuus's WiiSXRX branch lets you load BIN files which will let you bypass a bad CUE, although you're also *possibly* not loading the entire ISO by doing that. You really need to load the CUE.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Pretty sure anyone buying the switch just for that got duped