Homebrew Wiiscrubber 1.40 kit with multiboot

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used Wii Sports the Rock Band 2 Scrubbed and the other 3 games didn't come up to the size of a normal Wii game it came up to about 4.26 GB.

mrtankjump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I don't know what's wrong. I followed his directions exactly, and mine worked pretty well. My camera is charging so I'll post a video of it loading a few games, and my willpower to make a picture tutorial/video tutorial is growing. All I can say is try again, and follow his directions to the "T"

mrtankjump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried making a vid for a few minutes, but I'm too much of a perfectionist to get it down that fast. When I do get it up, it's still going to be crap because it's a CRT TV, so scanlines and blackness where it shouldn't be, and the text is barely readable.

Dack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
A quick heads up for people:

The game that is put in partition set 0 is the one that will appear in the disc channel.

I've found an issue that may stop the loader working on some machines/cios versions. I'll have a fix for that tomorrow morning. This will be simply a setting on the main screen to say 'hard' or 'soft' mod. The reason for this is that some cIOS don't have the full implementation it seems of necessary commands that I use (so I have to use alternates that work for softmoded machines but won't on hard modded ones). I'll also put in the debug messages (along with an on/off of those).

@DarkLG - when did you get the black screen? Was it on loading the loader software or when you started the scan for the disc or when the game tried starting?

vince741

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi

Thanks for this application, I just try with a disc who have Paper Mario Pal, Eyeshield21 NTSC-J, No more heroes NTSC-U on my Pal wii "soft" mod and all the game work
smile.gif

(excuse me for my bad english I'm french)

gameshark

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
made a 3 games multi disc with wii music ,Pittfall and backyard baseball and all 3 do not play on my softmodded wii but if i run it via gamma loader i only get backyard baseball 2009 but that is because i have used this iso to create the multi with.

cant wait for the little update.

Dack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you set the IOS to 249 in the selection? Gamma loader does not have the multipartition support will only boot the data partiton it knows about.

Another thing I should remind people is "COPY THE ISO IMAGE YOU ARE GOING TO EXTRACT THE PARTITION FROM". The Shrinking process uses the TRUCHA bug and you will end up with a fake signed partition in the original image otherwise. Another option is to use the Trim button and cut the first 0x50000 bytes off the image it creates.

Dack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
quick updates:

Vids a user here has done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leB4ahwovBA&fmt=18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leB4ahwovBA&fmt=22

Thank you alp63.

There's some minor errors in the Wiiscrubber code w.r.t. naming output files etc. Remember to change the name to (unencrypted) instead of (crypted) if you save them as unencrypted.

I'm delaying release of an updated loader app until I check a few things out with non-working titles e.g. Sam and Max. If I get nowhere then I'll release what I've got. The Softchip code is now upto R84 and so I should really implement their changes too.

With the gamecube question - it's slightly more complex than normal, with all the work I carried out on Wii disc partitions, I rather left the GC ones behind. I'll try and get them back working correctly - for loading, saving and importation at least. No timescale, it will be an as and when.

cthg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, to play the multiboot wii games is it for chipped or non-chipped wiis?

This is for Chipped right? or is it soft mod?

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Dack,

your application is really great.
I scrub all my iso with it since I discovered it.
the addition of multiple partitions is really great. I haven't had time to test it but I am pretty sure I will eventually.

I only have one regret.
for speed purpose I like to use 2 different HD to scrub.. one containing the ISO and the other one the scrubbed.
but when I have multiple iso I have to browse from one directory to the other each time I choose a file.
would it be possible to set a "default destination directory" while keeping a "source directory".

it would even be better if we could run it through command line
i.e. wiiscrubber "source iso" "destination iso" "iso/diff/both" "scrub/trucha" "headon/headoff"

just my two cents.
but even if you never add such an option I really want to thank you for your efforts...

Cheers,
R.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cthg said:
What to play the multiboot wii games is it for chipped or non-chipped wiis?

This is for Chipped right? or is it soft mod?

It's for both, it's based on SoftChip which is just an univeral (wii) game launcher. There are some minor differences between regular IOS and cIOS, but i think Dack managed to get it to work for both.

Dack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
redia said:
I only have one regret.
for speed purpose I like to use 2 different HD to scrub.. one containing the ISO and the other one the scrubbed.
but when I have multiple iso I have to browse from one directory to the other each time I choose a file.
would it be possible to set a "default destination directory" while keeping a "source directory".

It's one of the next things I want to implement - it's a partitcular bugbear of mine too
smile.gif

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Dack said:
redia said:
I only have one regret.

It's one of the next things I want to implement - it's a partitcular bugbear of mine too
smile.gif
great minds think alike
wink.gif

I love to hear that.
can't wait to test it...

Cheers,
R.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle