Wii's wifi

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by robiul, Feb 26, 2009.

Feb 26, 2009

Wii's wifi by robiul at 8:00 AM (878 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. robiul
    OP

Member robiul GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I have both my wii and xbox together, my wii is connected to the internet 24 hrs (WC24) via wifi. I know you can connect the x360 to a pc with an internet connection to connect to xlive.
    Is it possible to connect th X360 to the Wii either by USB connetion or ethernet to ethernet to connect to Xlive?

2. maduin

Member maduin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    nope, impossible, you might as well just spend the 100 bucks to get a wifi adapter for your 360

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    You appear to want to use your wii as a bridge or connection sharing. While I will not say it is impossible it would be far from simple and would probably require homebrew.

If you are unwilling to plump for the xbox wifi could I instead suggest a wireless bridge (we used them often on the original xbox for just this reason) or wireless over mains. They may cost a little bit more but you can use them for more things than just the xbox.

If you are willing to take a speed hit (which is still likely be less than your internet connection and enough for SMB/similar stuff for video most modern routers support WDS aka wireless distribution system:
    http://www.connect802.com/wireless_bridging.htm