Gaming wii's graphics

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Wii's graphics are fine, what's everyone worried about? If you want realism and vibrant graphics, go outside. =P Honestly though, the game can be the most realistic or prettiest thing I've ever seen, and if it's a chore to play or whatever, it won't count for anything for me. Why do I play old games? Because they're fun.

Why, I thought that's why we all were gamers, to have fun. *rolleyes*

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hardcore Gamer said:
Sir-Fritz said:
yes. and i had trouble even saying that it was better than a ps2 like a week ago.

Okami proves it's better than a PS2, there's a comparison trailer on gametrailers and the PS2 version seems really washed out and grey looking compared to the vibrant colours of the Wii version.

Personally, it doesn't bother me. I didn't buy a Wii because I was a graphics whore, I bought it to have some fun and it's given me it in spades. I just need a mame disk that works properly and I'm the happiest Wii owner ever.

The Game Cube was already better than the PS2.. search a little and you can find comparisons of both versions of Resident Evil 4, the GC version has some better shaders and textures..

The Wii is between 2 and 3 times more powerful than the GC.. the developers are simply being too lazy with the Wii to do something decent.. most games out there are not even Game Cube level
tongue.gif

One of the reasons is that a lot of Wii games are getting PS2 ports, so developers limit the graphics by the PS2 capacity so that, the port becomes easier to make.. :/

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
CockroachMan said:
Hardcore Gamer said:
Sir-Fritz said:
yes. and i had trouble even saying that it was better than a ps2 like a week ago.

Okami proves it's better than a PS2, there's a comparison trailer on gametrailers and the PS2 version seems really washed out and grey looking compared to the vibrant colours of the Wii version.

Personally, it doesn't bother me. I didn't buy a Wii because I was a graphics whore, I bought it to have some fun and it's given me it in spades. I just need a mame disk that works properly and I'm the happiest Wii owner ever.

The Game Cube was already better than the PS2.. search a little and you can find comparisons of both versions of Resident Evil 4, the GC version has some better shaders and textures..

The Wii is between 2 and 3 times more powerful than the GC.. the developers are simply being too lazy with the Wii to do something decent.. most games out there are not even Game Cube level
tongue.gif

One of the reasons is that a lot of Wii games are getting PS2 ports, so developers limit the graphics by the PS2 capacity so that, the port becomes easier to make.. :/

Hmm, I actually think you are right. Never though of it that way but now when you say it, I must agree!

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
CockroachMan said:

tongue.gif

You're right. There's also the argument that developers miscalculated the popularity of the wii so didn't set aside teams to develop games for it but now that it's the most popular console they'll be daft to ignore it which means 2009 should be a good year if they stop with the ports and exclusively design for it.

The Wii desperately needs a really good online FPS, MoH2 is great but I'm hoping a Call of Duty is released for it with online.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doomsday Forte said:
...Honestly though, the game can be the most realistic or prettiest thing I've ever seen, and if it's a chore to play or whatever, it won't count for anything for me....

True enough, and just as soon as we start seeing some games on Wii that make actual fun use of the unique controls, I think the system will be as relevant as promised. Until then, well, it's not really doing much to distinguish itself from a last-gen console, so focusing on graphics is something that easily comes up a lot. Galaxy had waggle, Brawl had pretty much no motion control (unless you count the completely obligatory and optional waggle Smash), and aside from WarioWare and MP3, Nintendo themselves haven't done much on the system to make games that set themselves apart from what's already been done. Nintendo says the Wii isn't next-gen, it's something else, but what is that something else? So far, they've yet to show us much, except for some fantastic marketing. It's not quite snake oil, but it's sure not what we thought it would be. One year out and already there was motion technology available that far surpasses what the Wii can do in gaming.

I'm not trying to take the topic elsewhere. My point being is that when you're still mostly playing Wii games with the Cube controller, or suffering through poor Wii-mote implementation, the topic often turns back toward graphics.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After seeing some scans for Fatal Frame 4, at least there's one game with good graphics coming out. But hey--all they need is dark and jumping ghosts out of walls and you should be set regardless of the graphics :/

Gamesphere

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alone in the Dark,SW: The Force Unleashed, The Conduit, and MadWorld all have the potential to deliver... Hell, Maybe even Spyborgs...

Edit: Not to mention Monster Hunter 3 and FFCC Crystal Bearers...

Super Edit: To even surprise all, That new Mummy: Curse of the Dragon Emporer game DOES NOT have half bad screens at all!...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1