Kaphis

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
said that they allow NTSC -J and NTSC -U to run... (probably like others say, it wasn't design with that in mind but probably found out they can when they tested it.)...

So does the wiinja also have this feature? I don't see it on their feature list.

TheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
It may, but maybe they didn't directly test it. From what's been said and stipulated, the mod chips put the DVD drive in debug mode, so they should accept anything from that region. I would venture a guess to say that it, the Wiinja, might also accept NTSC-J/U titles. We'll know once the chips start hitting the masses.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can play all pal regions with the wiinja chip, so french/german and english games.

i think its the same for ntsc games? but isnt there anyone with a chip in the usa?

XxDaSaMixX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will test it out once I recieve the chip. You can see from my flag that iam from the USA, so I will see what happens, and post it in my review soon.
biggrin.gif

If you want my opinion of this matter, I would say, yes, it will work, but Im not totally sure, so please dont quote me on it. The reason why I say yes, is because, well both US and JP formats on its bases, are NTSC. If you try playing a PAL game on either US or JP consoles, I suspect that the screen will be screwy, since both the Wii and the T.V. does not support the format. But in NTSC's case, It seems that both US, and JP both work on eachothers console, and their respective television sets. Plugs are the same, signals the same, every thing is pretty much the same except for the language, and the extra "J" at the end of the "NTSC".

Again, Iam not sure, but I assure you that I will test this out in my review, hopefully. I will have to try to find a "copy" of a NTSC-J Wii game, so if anyone would "lend" me a hand, then I will be more then happy to metion you on my video review of the Wiinja.
biggrin.gif

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
I can play all pal regions with the wiinja chip, so french/german and english games.
I think an unmodded PAL Wii can play all PAL region games - at least, that's been the case with all previous PAL consoles, so that isn't a feature of the modchip. However traditionally NTSC/U (USA) consoles can't play NTSC/J (Japan) games and vice-versa, which is the new feature that Wiikey supposedly adds.

Kaphis

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
exactly!! thats what I was wondering...

as for XxDaSamixX's statement abotu the PAL games being "screwy"...if thats really the only problem
biggrin.gif
I do have a few PAL TVs lying around ~ ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: (i was allowed to do that)