Homebrew WiiMC Channel Installer 1.0

xander150

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If your source is the one from the wiimc svn I have a suggestion.
You are using IOS_ReloadIOS without any checks, wouldn't it be easier to first check if IOS202 is already loaded and set the WAD to require IOS202, so the Systemmenu should load IOS202 instead of 36 or something like this?

xander150

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Xander is just speculating
tongue.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
KiiWii said:
@Xflak / fatherjack or anyone who wants the wad: pm me for a link.

or can I post it here?
wilsoff already posted it on wadder.freeforums.org

I would share the link but I suspect Wilsoff chose not to do so for a reason, so you can search for it there, or just use the installer (the installer was really easy to use... unless u intend to mod the channel, I recommend using the installer if for no other reason than to support the devs behind it)

FYI, I made a categorii friendly version of this channel, it is exactly the same as the original but it also forwards to apps_media/WiiMC/boot.dol in addition to apps/WiiMC/boot.dol

edit:@ Xander, good job on representing female wii hackers! You are the most intelligent female wii hacker I've encountered so far... u r a great example to any aspiring female wii modders out there, you're sending the message that its not just for boys! Keep it up!

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
XFlak said:
KiiWii said:
@Xflak / fatherjack or anyone who wants the wad: pm me for a link.

or can I post it here?
wilsoff already posted it on wadder.freeforums.org

I would share the link but I suspect Wilsoff chose not to do so for a reason, so you can search for it there, or just use the installer (the installer was really easy to use... unless u intend to mod the channel, I recommend using the installer if for no other reason than to support the devs behind it)

FYI, I made a categorii friendly version of this channel, it is exactly the same as the original but it also forwards to apps_media/WiiMC/boot.dol in addition to apps/WiiMC/boot.dol

edit:@ Xander, good job on representing female wii hackers! You are the most intelligent female wii hacker I've encountered so far... u r a great example to any aspiring female wii modders out there, you're sending the message that its not just for boys! Keep it up!
Or they could easily use the installer, dump the channel or use wad creator, then modify it, simple enough right? ...

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
yea that would also work, assuming wad creator works properly... I haven't used it since blue dump was released... and blue dump crashed for me when trying to backup this channel to a wad (odd since it can back up cIOSs as wads without any issues)

even if wad creator fails, u can always do a full nand dump and use showmiiwads to pack the wad... but the point is... its a hell of a lot easier to just get the wad to begin with!

edit: I used bluedump a3 (non-fakesigning) to dump, I didn't try the fakesigning version as this wad shouldn't need to be fakesigned (i think). According to KiiWii's post below, the fakesigning version works though... food for thought.

mmann1024

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fatherjack said:
cant get it to install
unsure.gif

when launched thru HBC it does vulnerable IOS check,
then installer screen comes up as running under IOS222
when I click install, I just get ERROR failed to install

Any ideas welcome (or a wad
rolleyes.gif
)

cIOS38 rev14 - Hermes v4 - 4.0E sysmenu

try running "pimp my wii" first
if you still have the issue use any title deleter to delete ios 222, it is not needed to run the system you can always re-install, this will force wiimc to use another ios

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь