Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
GHBrothers said:
Ehm...i must ask...i have WiiKey v1 on my Wii, is there any way to remove it? Or it always stuck there forever...i mean if i melt the wires so much... CAN i remove it?
Yes, you can take it off by de-soldering it... unless someone put it on with magic solder... which I just made up, just now.

ModchipCentral

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DjoeN said:
Yeah i do hope this will break open the hombrew Wii modchip empty space for all chipsets above DMS/D2A/D2B

OzModChips:

Do you have any high res pics of the chip ?
Wanna see if it also needs a bridge point to enter recovery mode like the D2ALL from M3 Team
Nobody has them in stock yet. Soon
smile.gif

Nocturno

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Venezuela
ozmodchip:
it says that if I buy 2 to 4 chips, the price is US$33 each, but the cart says $73 total, why?

EDIT: forget it, my mistake.. I just bought it, I hope it´s a good chip..

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I might get one and upgrade my Wiikey v1, if there will be new noteworthy features
smile.gif

I'm still on 1.9g, so the audiofix works well enough
smile.gif

I'm looking forward to the first user impressions on this chip.

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Sigh, just after my installation of D2pro9, but not much of a difference really. Its good see a revival of the Wiikey, and see some of the original modchip producers still operating. Good luck to the Wiikey team. Lets hope for some mildly quicker updates.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First I want an update for the wiikey v1 so that smash bros AND gamecube audiofix works.
Now i have to keep switching between 1.9g to play gamecube games and 1.9s to play smash bros
frown.gif

Fockbox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad I waited. I was gonna look into buying a Wiikey soon... Looks like I'm gonna have to keep waiting for a Wii-clip, though.

Prema

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
"Wiikey version 2" ?!?
unsure.gif

How about giving us update version 2 for Wiikey first.
lecture.gif

The bug list of update 1.9s/x is still long:

- the soundfix is not working (on pal gc backups on pal wii)

- the 6x speed is not working (on backups on pal & ntsc wiis )

- it is not possible to dissable "full gc region free" (on Pal wiis)

- "full gc region free" not working (on ntsc wiis)

- the integrated "Wii update blocker" not working for some games (pal & ntsc wiis)

@ OZModchips

How about showing your support for the community in making them aware of the need to restore their good name first in fixing the bugs !?!

The coder who did the first wiikey firmware version ran off, but the guy who did the last (buggy) version is still part of the team...so...hope ?
unsure.gif

StacMaster-S

Trophies
Website
www.halolz.com
XP
Country
United States
Prema said:
"Wiikey version 2" ?!?
unsure.gif

How about giving us update version 2 for Wiikey first.
lecture.gif

The bug list of update 1.9s/x is still long:

- the soundfix is not working (on pal gc backups on pal wii)

- the 6x speed is not working (on backups on pal & ntsc wiis )

- it is not possible to dissable "full gc region free" (on Pal wiis)

- "full gc region free" not working (on ntsc wiis)

- the integrated "Wii update blocker" not working for some games (pal & ntsc wiis)

@ OZModchips

How about showing your support for the community in making them aware of the need to restore their good name first in fixing the bugs !?!

The coder who did the first wiikey firmware version ran off, but the guy who did the last (buggy) version is still part of the team...so...hope ?
unsure.gif

Didn't they say that 1.9 was going to be the final update? I think WiiKey1 is as good as it's going to get (and personally I have no complaints).

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Fockbox said:
Glad I waited. I was gonna look into buying a Wiikey soon... Looks like I'm gonna have to keep waiting for a Wii-clip, though.
Just buy a Free-clip and flash it with YAOSM. It doesn't get any better than it.
wink.gif

So this is a D2Lite pre-flashed with the "hacked" firmware... Should have known.

Edit:
NeSchn said:
QUOTE(ppc_gba @ Oct 8 2008, 11:23 AM) how is this better/cheaper than d2lite?

edit: what is the discount for those paying in american $?
Because the D2lite is only a freeloader. You can boot games from different regions from that and you can't pirate games with it.
Yeah unless you flash it with the "hacked" firmware. The no backups thing is just a stunt to get around the anti modchip laws some countrys have.

Edit2: Hmm.. seems like Oz is selling his old D2Lite as Wiikey2 if you look at the picture. Guess it isn't a problem, since it's the same chip...

OzModChips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Prema said:
@ OZModchips

unsure.gif

Don't shoot the messenger man. Just because we posted a thread about the new website update, doesn't mean we have the say in the business runnings of a company overseas

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?