1. Slowking

Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    nope

2. lafleche

lafleche GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    exactly....wiikey team sucks big time
    - 1.9g firmware is unstable and there are many many reports that it corrupts the wiikey even after a few months of good operating (1.9s never has these reports)
    - 1.9s however seems to limit the drive to 3x (setting it to 6x doesn't work)
    - 1.9s audiofix for GC is broken

Don't trust Wiikey and stay away from it.....please retailers: don't stock it..... consumers: don't buy it.

3. Rugapand

Rugapand Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Very well Mr. pessimist, but I still think it's debateable seeing as they did not update for awhile after galaxy and then BOOM ssbb fucked with the chip and the fixed it.

4. Slowking

Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Their current firmware doesn't even work that well and they never fixed it. Just look at the post above yours. Do you really think after 7 months of doing nothing about it they will roll out a new update for a chip they no longer sell? And for which they clarly stadet THEMSELFS they wouldn't do any more updates after 1.9s?

5. TGBoy

TGBoy GBAtemp Regular

No problems wit the Wiikey or its firmware 1.9g so far 4 me
    I dont knw bout the 1.9s though

6. Rugapand

Rugapand Advanced Member
    Newcomer

I haven't experienced such problems actually.

7. SenorClean

SenorClean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Looks an awful lot identical to the d2lite... Rebadge with the 'leaked' backup-friendly firmware?

I take it this has the (cheap, but maybe appropriate) lattice FPGA

8. OzModChips

OP OzModChips GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sorry, i was talking about version 2 -- chillout [​IMG]
    as i said

the person who coded up wiikey v1, did not code wiikey v2.

I'll make the font a bit bigger, so everyone can stop comparing the v2 to the first version... The only thing the modchip chave in comming is that the hardware is made in the same fatory.

the person who coded up wiikey v1, did not code wiikey v2.

9. Saladman

Saladman Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    LOL Oz, you a few in/on order then...LOL

Wiikey2 buyer = moron

10. OzModChips

hehe, the same thing was said to us to a bunch of people about memor32s... "ozmodchips is just trying to get rid of stock"

we have sold out of that product a number of times, and jsut order another couple hundred.

Wiikey 2 will sell well.
    People can bitch about certain bugs with wiikey v1 code -- but its irrelevant really.
    If someone wants to mod their wii with a modchip, which modchip should they buy if they don't buy this? The only other modchip that has a working config disc, thats is original is the wasabi. So if you want -- go buy that, here is the link --> http://wasabi.net.cn/

I don't see people saying "lets make sure d2pro sells nothing, its payback time DJJERRR". Its the same coder as the d2pro coder. So if you want to bag wiikey v2, bag d2pro, bag d2ckey -- the only solution on d2c wiis for MONTHs.

11. Dingler

Dingler GBAtemp Fan

Well I certainly didn't see this coming [​IMG]

12. Slowking

Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    o.O Why would anybody buy a Memor32. The code is pretty horrible, as in "if you are out of luck it won't work at all with your PS2", there won't be any updates and there is a far better freeware alternative...
    I mean I have a Memor32 (won it at tehskeen) and I've flashed it with free MC boot.

13. OzModChips

Ok - here is an example, to try any explain it to some people that will turn this thread into a 56 page shitfest

LionsGate makes movies......like d2pro/wiikey team makes modchips

They make a popular movie, Saw 1 -- but its pretty shit because of a bunch of stuff.

Lionsgate then wants to make Saw 2 --- But they have learnt from their mistakes. So they hire a new director, new actors, and have a bigger budget etc.

14. Glacius0

Glacius0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Is this the first chip to support the Korean Wii's? First I've heard of it..

15. icecold

icecold Advanced Member
    Newcomer

"The Wiikey Team has done an early release of update version 1.9s after "beta testers" leaked information to other sites after being asked not to. This will likely be the last update for the chip."
    Its not like we forgot this... Ozmodchips leaked the firmware ... And its not like your getting away with it by writing in size 6 on this forum. The same company is getting the cash, we dont care if they dont WANT to fix it.

16. War

War Take it easy~

Wow, good for you WiiKey team! Supports all Wii versions, huh? That's a pretty damn good feature.

However, I hope they don't abandon the WiiKey v1 :\

17. OzModChips

Icecold! that was xianax posting in a pissed off way on wiinewz about the wiikey rls because i posted information about it here...on gbatemp....instead of on wiinewz.

Thats just 1 person being pissed off at me for choosing to post the info here...and not wiinewz.
    Would you believe all the news from your national news paper if the information was written by one person?
    If the answer is yes....then god have mercy on your soul [​IMG]

ohh, and i never leaked the firmware
    that firmware was up on the website...on wiikey.cn
    So i rehosted the files on my server.
    I then realised they didn't upload the config discs, because of the amount of bandwidth they get hit with then they rls firmware,....they wanted to delay that by 1 day. Someone had already grabbed the discs and rehosted them on rapidshare before i removed them.... and thats all the happened [​IMG]

18. Saladman

Saladman Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    What planet you come from ? FYI wiikey v1 was abadoned a long time a go now. Anyone who thinks it's alive and kicking is seriously delusional.

19. stev418

stev418 GBAtemp Fan

Well ill be shipping my wii to ozmodchips within the week on two, so ill need to consider a D2Cpro or the wiikey2 I think (I have a D2C2 chip) Purchased my first wii through ozmodchips, and it was great to i bricked it with a bad header on a banner.

I suppose my biggest problem is making sure the chip will run the drive at 6x, as my wiikey was stuck at 3x

1 question for OzModChips. Will you be offering the postal installation service for wiikey2 soon ??

20. tempest.nano

tempest.nano Member
    Newcomer

United States
    My wiikey v1 has been rock solid since it's install. I'll definitely be buying the v2 for the next couple of mods I do.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - annouced, Version, Wiikey