Hacking Wiikey Update - New Coders

HipN

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thats what Team cylops sais:

It's not our policy to comment rumors, but when they're presented as fact by some sites (that some people trust), there's a problem. Here is the headline we can read on one of them:

"CyloWiz was already working on an update to improve code transfers and, by pure luck, it also fixed SMG. This is how they were able to issue an update so quickly."

Considering the amount of work put into 3.6, it's insulting to say the least. First of all, we never made any comment to anybody about this upgrade, so everything you read about it is just speculation, invention, or manipulation. Of course, 3.6 BETA upgrade was specially designed for SMG. If there's "luck" involved, we're "lucky" to be the only team with a drive code that has been designed to be future-proof since day one, and we're probably even more lucky to be the only team that has a real clue of what's going on. Enough said...

source: http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2925
Oh snap!! lmao

no1r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiikey should paste his src codes or make it opensrc....
I wont wait so long anymore -.-
When they wont code some update i'll try it :'(

Even wiinja is faster than wiikey -.-

unr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at the bright side.

There were rumors that there will be NO updates after 1.9 firmware update. However WiiKey team reacted pretty quickly and issued an announcement that they are working on SMG issue.

That alone is good news.

Now they are telling us that D2CKey team is working on the WiiKey update. This means that there should not be any more delays (there's hope) after new update is out (they are working on it from scratch, so give 'em some time).

ALSO, Mario Galaxy is not even supposed to be out yet. Even if they release the update a week later, you WILL STILL PLAY IT EARLY.

In addition, coding takes time. It is nice that they could rectify the issue quickly, but a major code rewrite requires major testing. If next update blows up your Wii, you will bitch about how coders should have taken their time.

I am not saying that this delay is excusable (I mean like every other modchip in the market can already bypass this protection), but there is no need to be overly anxious or angry. SMG is not the only good game on Wii. Hey, maybe it is time to complete MP3 or Zelda?

UchihaE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ho yeah, promising, really great communication ... you even have to go to another web site than their official one to get news
sleep.gif

http://www.wiikey.cn - official wiiKey homepage
http://www.wiinewz.com - the official wiikey forum

busynow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
[07.11.01] Wiikey update 1.9g (as in galaxy!) beta released!

We are pleased to announce that BETA HOTFIX v1.9g of the Wiikey firmware is now available to download. Please note that this is a BETA HOTFIX released as an immediate response to feedback from users regarding SMG. It comes with absolutely no warranty or guarantees. Use it at your own risk! Feedback is welcome, but please send your message one time only. We can't reply to every message we get, but we do read all of them.

The Wiikey Team would like to thank all of those who sent in their messages of support over the last few days. Knowing that there are so many kind people out there has really made the whole thing worthwhile. Thanks! :-)

unr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

We are pleased to announce that BETA HOTFIX v1.9g of the Wiikey firmware is now available to download. Please note that this is a BETA HOTFIX released as an immediate response to feedback from users regarding SMG. It comes with absolutely no warranty or guarantees. Use it at your own risk! Feedback is welcome, but please send your message one time only. We can't reply to every message we get, but we do read all of them.

The Wiikey Team would like to thank all of those who sent in their messages of support over the last few days. Knowing that there are so many kind people out there has really made the whole thing worthwhile. Thanks! :-)
Okay, screw what I said. Bring it on!

Knolli

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does it even work?

hi rik, do you know me? ^^

QUOTE[07.11.01] Wiikey update 1.9g (as in galaxy!) beta released!

Hogmeister

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, i just checked the wiikey site and its been forever since i gave a crap about the wii releases.. but i was wondering if i hadn't updated my wiikey at all (their previously released update, i never put it on my wiikey
smile.gif
) would i be in bad shape if i install 1.9g without updating to the previous release?

as in

original firmware to 1.9g (skipping whatever in between).

i'm leaning towards it wont mean a damned bit of difference but i'm just wondering
wink.gif

Tha-Rik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does it even work?

hi rik, do you know me? ^^

QUOTE said:

Yo, Knolli, du auch hier?
smile.gif

Hast du es schon ausprobiert? Hab leider nur einen Clone drin und kann nur beten, dass es funzt.

Knolli

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yo, Knolli, du auch hier?Â
smile.gif

Hast du es schon ausprobiert? Hab leider nur einen Clone drin und kann nur beten, dass es funzt.

nein ich habs noch nich ausprobiert =/ hab zwar nen original wiikey, aber die "use at your own risk" message sorgt bei mir für bedenken..klingt alles nach nem schnellschuss als antwort auf wiinja

Tha-Rik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill