grog.gif
grog.gif

ricadoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
hey, i just checked the wiikey site and its been forever since i gave a crap about the wii releases.. but i was wondering if i hadn't updated my wiikey at all (their previously released update, i never put it on my wiikey
smile.gif
) would i be in bad shape if i install 1.9g without updating to the previous release?

as in

original firmware to 1.9g (skipping whatever in between).

i'm leaning towards it wont mean a damned bit of difference but i'm just wondering
wink.gif

Ya, I'm also hoping someone could answer that.

The_Nothing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After a couple of scares, I finally got it working.

Burn the update beta at 4X I am warning you all right now, or deal with possible read disc errors like what happened to me. My wii could not even read original games because of the error. But now everything is back to normal, and can now load up Mario after the update.

Nice job Wiikey Team.

EmeraldEx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I know this doesn't go here but, instead of making a new topic..

Nintendo has NO way of picking up the latest Mod chips right?
The only problem is sometimes the games don't work..

...right?

ricadoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I've never updated my wiikey before. I heard we need to use gamecube remote controller in order to update the wiikey 1.9g. Is it true? Can i just use the wiimote controller?

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what's up with the Wiikey "warning", does this mean that other Wii games (or Gamecube) may be sacrificed in order to update & play Mario Galaxy?

Has anyone tested more than 1 Wii game after they updated??

Tranman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what's up with the Wiikey "warning", does this mean that other Wii games (or Gamecube) may be sacrificed in order to update & play Mario Galaxy?

Has anyone tested more than 1 Wii game after they updated??

Since the update was "rushed" and not able to be tested completely...they don't want to be responsible if other issues arise because of the update until they have a "stable" build.... but I haven't had any issues since updating so far.

1337Nemo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i tested zack and wiki (burned), sims 2 cast away (burned), a gamecube game (sonic adventure dx, retail!) and a wii game (wii sports, of course not burned like the cube game) and everything worked fine
wink.gif

silicagel

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I've had my cloned wiikey in my Jap wii and so far every game has worked great, seemingly regardless of which brand DVDs I use. I never update the wii using discs, just wi-fi.

A month ago I upgraded my wiikey to 1.9b. It was a small file, I burned it using Nero 6, and it 'padded' the disc so it took about 5 mins to burn all up. No problems, I'd upgraded to 1.2 before that and also, no problems at all.. until now!

I've burned the 1.9g to the same brand discs, except I'm using nero 7 now. It only takes approx 1 minute to burn, as opposed to 5 mins for 1.9b. But it doesn't work in my wii, I've tried 4 times already (different media) and.. the Wii just makes clicking noises then tells me there's an error and I need to turn it off. My wii firmware is the latest, 3.03J I think. The wii just refuses the disc...

So in summary to upgrade to wiikey 1.9g:

a) it is burned to a CD and not a DVD, correct?
b) which burning software should I use? (I tried DVD decrypter and Nero 7), tried track-at-once and disc-at-once
c) why won't it work? maybe the disc needs to be padded?

Please help, thx!

VascoAlmeida

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I got the update, but its only 40 MB.. When i try to burn it as an iso on Nero, it says i cant, cause i need to burn it on a CDR and not a DVD :X

What am i doing wrong ?

wktr

Trophies
XP
Country
I got the update, but its only 40 MB.. When i try to burn it as an iso on Nero, it says i cant, cause i need to burn it on a CDR and not a DVD :X

What am i doing wrong ?

Burn it with imgburn (www.imgburn.com)
I tried both Nero, Deepburner and Roxio but none of them worked for me.
imgburn, on the other hand, did a perfect job.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: