Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
[08-09-03] Wiikey update 1.9b
A leaked version of the wiikey firmware update is available on several websites. While the leaked firmware is indeed working and has all of the announced features, it has not yet been fully tested and does not come with the configuration and recovery discs. A full version will be available from wiikey.cn very soon.

I hope we dont wait that long 08-09-03Â
rofl2.gif

haha the wiikey team doesn't even know the date

aardvarks

Trophies
XP
Country
I just read the 10 pages, and I didn't see anyone saying it.
Do the wiikey update on a 2.2 Wii, then updating the Wii to 3.0 is working ?
Or it need to be in 3.0 first ?
I think it's working, but nobody left a message about updating the Wii after the Wiikey update.

It's already 1.9
from 1.3 to 1.9 they did update their Wiikey setup disc, but never released it ? :/
I don't get it why they didn't released each version.

used the wiikey 1.9b on two wii's. 2.2 an 3.0 both working fine
biggrin.gif

pancake

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wacko.gif
Hi there ,........

I'am new at this , so i have a question , the update 1.9bpal. iso is 39,7 MB (41.680.896 bytes) i need the .iso to be 4.699979.776 HOW DO I DO THIS ???

Pancake

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the consensus seems to be that this 1.9b update works on clones

i dont think there is a way around it, i dont think they can make it not work on clones

zebrax0r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could Wiikey clones be upgraded?

Let's think about it with a bit of logic.

For a 'clone' to work, it has to perform an electronically identical task to the 'real' Wiikey. For it to do this, it needs to be (for the most part!) an electronically identical device. If it cannot be considered an electronically identical device on *some* level then it will not do it's job, just as a real Wiikey would. As a result, there is nothing stopping the firmware updater working on the clones.

The only possibility I see (which is a mild one, because I don't think the tech is that sophisticated) is that there is a checksum or rolling fingerprint sum applied to the PROM of the wiikey itself, which is either valid or invalid depending upon the interrogation method the updater provides.

Beyond this, can't see any way of them stopping updates on clones. Sigh.

I'd say if you were unlucky enough to recieve a clone, I'd not be too concerned. You'll be able to update
wink.gif

Just my take on it.

z.

pancake

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thx for the reply kgb 420 !

( I'am new at this , so i have a question , the update 1.9bpal. iso is 39,7 MB (41.680.896 bytes) i need the .iso to be 4.699979.776 HOW DO I DO THIS ??? )

But this 1.9bpal.iso will not burn on dvd/r but, Nero is asking for a cd/r
how to handle ???

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thx for the reply kgb 420 !

( I'am new at this , so i have a question , the update 1.9bpal. iso is 39,7 MB (41.680.896 bytes) i need the .iso to be 4.699979.776 HOW DO I DO THIS ??? )

But this 1.9bpal.iso will not burn on dvd/r but, Nero is asking for a cd/r
how to handle ???
je moet gewoon imgburn downloaden (zoek op google) en daarmee branden. (je moet dus wel een dvd brander hebben)
En het hoeft helemaal niet 4.69bla te zijn dat is onzin. dat is als je een wii spel brandt.

sorry bout the dutch
wink.gif
( imgburn is easiest, google it n burn on a dvd burner. and that 4.6bla size is only relevant for wii games)

rev_karol

Trophies
XP
Country
Works for me! Updated to 1.9b and then used GCOS and original 1.2 config disc to configure. All seems OK.

Ikaruga seems to work fine
smile.gif
(although I burnt this with an audiofix hack so the audio is messed up, I'll reburn with original and try again)

All originals, backups that worked before are still fine.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

pancake

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bedankt ( Thanks ) Manias ..

Je hebt gelijk gewoon branden en updaten ! Perfect

You are right just burn and update ! Perect

Hyo360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is really Tick me off !!

I was waitng like 4ever for this update so I can play Hajime no ipp : Revaltion but saddl still at no avill
frown.gif

Gratz for those who were waitng for the Some Game cube games too work though
biggrin.gif

And here for another 6 months of waiting
grog.gif

At this rate I think I am geting me a Japanese wii
hate2.gif

Dcoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just learnt about the update after completely giving up, only found it due to do some research into the wiiD, glad I did any who my results.

Wii UK fw 3.00e (updated only to play MP3:C, was scared to update from 2.2e)
wiikey clone now updated to 1.9b

tested all previous problematic gamecube (Backups) games, all working including:

Starfox Adventures NTSC (although had pal changed audio to german now can't change it back! need to reburn pal)
Eternal Darkness NTSC
Wave Race NTSC

Also used boot disk 1.2 works exactly as it did before the 3.00 update.

Please note all my GC are multidisc using GCOS.

Due the squeelin sound when playing Starfox I turned audiofix back on using boot disk 1.2 worked perfectly.

I believe anyone who is having any problems with previous games not working it is probably due to not updating to 3.00 due to this release being created for it. Thanks hope this helped.

Oh and Jalaneme, do you by any chance live anywhere Crystal palace? Since I have a funny feeling I know you from somewhere!

Dcoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic Adventure DX confirmed working perfectly also. PAL GCOS. previously major problems with FMV and extremely slow framerate. Now of to test others...

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Oh and Jalaneme, do you by any chance live anywhere Crystal palace? Since I have a funny feeling I know you from somewhere!

huh? i haven't lived in crystal palace for many years now, a good 5 years why? where do you regonise me from? lol.

btw has anyone tried using the action replays and freeloaders? i've heard from a user on psx scene that they are working again via gcos, i don't know if this is true or not, can anyone confirm?

pnut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just learnt about the update after completely giving up, only found it due to do some research into the wiiD, glad I did any who my results.

Wii UK fw 3.00e (updated only to play MP3:C, was scared to update from 2.2e)
wiikey clone now updated to 1.9b

tested all previous problematic gamecube (Backups) games, all working including:

Starfox Adventures NTSC (although had pal changed audio to german now can't change it back! need to reburn pal)
Eternal Darkness NTSC
Wave Race NTSC

Also used boot disk 1.2 works exactly as it did before the 3.00 update.

Please note all my GC are multidisc using GCOS.Â

Due the squeelin sound when playing Starfox I turned audiofix back on using boot disk 1.2 worked perfectly.

I believe anyone who is having any problems with previous games not working it is probably due to not updating to 3.00 due to this release being created for it. Thanks hope this helped.

Anyone try regular Mini-DVD backups of GC games instead of multi using Gcos?

Dcoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dawn Jalaneme you reply fast don't you, don't know why just thought I had, I've only recently started (like a 2 weeks back) in the wii scene. Mainly into the X360 scene found this site while updating due to MP3:C saw you and your myspace page just thought I even knew you from yesteryear or seen you before. np anyway I'll test some direct backups from different regions now, only have pal originals for both Wii and GC, so can't test any NTSC originals sorry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: lol there's a guy selling mig switch in usa on ebay for $200/ea he's definitely going to get...