Hacking WiiKey Issues

cobZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just installed my WiiKey, it seems as if its working fine. Normal games work and I had Mario Strikers and Mortal Kombat Armageddon working great but on both games it randomly decides its had enough at I get a 'disk cannot be read' error :'(

Burned with Nero on Vebatim DVD-R @ 4x

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What DVD burner do you have?

Try burning at 8x or 16x, some people reported their Wiis playing games better after burning at a faster speed.

smile.gif

-kreep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a list of working and none working Wiikey games out there yet??

The reason I ask is beacause I've tried Mario Party 8 and it doesn't work and Prince of Persia; Rival Swords and that doesn't work either. Cheers

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I always burn games at the speed on the Disc. Never had a coaster (at least not with wii's
cool.gif
)

try burning with imgburn instead of Nero. Not sure if that'll make a difference but thats what I use.

pnut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always burn games at the speed on the Disc. Never had a coaster (at least not with wii'sÂ
cool.gif
)

try burning with imgburn instead of Nero. Not sure if that'll make a difference but thats what I use.

Ive been using ImgBurn, but I always burn at 4x... thanks for the recommendations!! Do you mean if the disc can burn max 16x, that I should also burn at 16x?

Exity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I always burn games at the speed on the Disc. Never had a coaster (at least not with wii'sÂ
cool.gif
)

Ive been using ImgBurn, but I always burn at 4x... thanks for the recommendations!! Do you mean if the disc can burn max 16x, that I should also burn at 16x?
It depends on the drive and media you're using, but usually it's recommended to burn it at a slightly slower speed then what is listed on the disc....eg if it is rated at 16x, you burn it at 12x....It's probably best though to get a DVD burner that can scan discs, then burn discs at different speeds and see which speed it burns best at.

pnut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cool.gif
)

It depends on the drive and media you're using, but usually it's recommended to burn it at a slightly slower speed then what is listed on the disc....eg if it is rated at 16x, you burn it at 12x....It's probably best though to get a DVD burner that can scan discs, then burn discs at different speeds and see which speed it burns best at.

So far, 8x using 16x media worked best. Thanks again everyone for the recommendations... I noticed the difference from games burned at 4x than teh ones burned at 8x.

nycwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ kingofnoobs it depends. if you are going to rip games and upload them i suggest a lg burner found at newegg. Otherwise any other dvd-r (best media for backups) burner will do. Approppriate software is to be installed ex- imgburn---good luck
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up