Wiikey Install Problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by anoncocoa, Dec 1, 2008.

1. anoncocoa
    OP

anoncocoa Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2008
    United States
    Hello all.

I have performed a installation of the Wiikey chip on my Wii (with the DMS chipset). The joints are immaculate and their is continuity all around (checked and double checked). I measured ~2V on the Wiikey. Is that normal? It seems low to me but I can not seem to locate a spec sheet on it (the MCs writing on the Wiikey appears to have been smudged as I can't tell what model it is). Anyways, I'm 100% sure that the problem I'm experiencing is not related to the physical installation of the component. Also, I purchased the Wiikey from an authorized dealer via the Wiikey's website (it came with the hologram, etc.).

Every time I attempt to load a backup DVD on the Wii, I receive an error stating that the disc is unable to be read. However, original discs load perfectly and backup loading is still achieved using the backup loader. I should also mention that the media I am using to burn backups is great (I use Verbatim DVDs that I've never experienced a problem with).

I am also unable to load the configuration DVD or the update DVD at all, regardless of whether I attempt to load them using the backup loader.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks! [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice