Hacking WiiKey - How's it still stand?

antpod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was talking about the official Nintendo system update for your Wii.

The modchip has to be updated via the DVD firmware I linked you to.

The modchip wont change the appearance of your menus on your Wii in anyway. It will just allow you to boot burnt Wii ISOs and burnt GCN ISOs and homebrew.
ok cool, and it lets you play imports of course as well(My whole ordeal is I have a us launch wii and I'm looking to play a japanese game)

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't really want to bother making another thread about getting a WiiKey so I'll just put my question here.

I planned on getting the Wiikey + Screwdriver combo from Modchipcentral. I hear they ship fast and they were a few bucks cheaper. When I finally get the money to order one though, they're temporarily sold out for a few days. I can still get the same combo from EurAsia though. They are in stock and just a few bucks more, but I also hear EurAsia's shipping takes a long time.

How long is EurAsia's shipping with the $7 option they give? Would it be quicker/just easier to wait for Modchipcentral to get more Wiikeys in?

**And to add to the comments MC keeps saying, what if the Wii is already updated to the latest firmware?

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry, the team has stated that they had to shut down their website because of where they are and the legal issues that surround them there. They say that they will release new updates when it is needed (eg. new copy protection) on to scene sites like wiinewz.com, support is still gonna be produced, even if they don't get their site back.

Their website closed down because the domain expired and they did not reserve it in time.
There was a thread about this before it even happened on wiinewz. They just WHOIS the domain name.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't matter what firmware the Wii is when you install the chip. Just make sure you use the most up to date version of the upgrade disk, since one previous firmware update locked out old upgrade disks.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't really want to bother making another thread about getting a WiiKey so I'll just put my question here.

I planned on getting the Wiikey + Screwdriver combo from Modchipcentral. I hear they ship fast and they were a few bucks cheaper. When I finally get the money to order one though, they're temporarily sold out for a few days. I can still get the same combo from EurAsia though. They are in stock and just a few bucks more, but I also hear EurAsia's shipping takes a long time.

How long is EurAsia's shipping with the $7 option they give? Would it be quicker/just easier to wait for Modchipcentral to get more Wiikeys in?

**And to add to the comments MC keeps saying, what if the Wii is already updated to the latest firmware?
I haven't actually ordered from eurasia.nu but seeing as where they are based at, I'd say at least 2 weeks+. You're probably better off waiting for modchipcentral or finding a different store if you want it sooner.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just saw that Modchipcentral gets more in around the 23rd. I can wait til then.
smile.gif
Thanks for the response Seraph.

StacMaster-S

Trophies
Website
www.halolz.com
XP
Country
United States
Also check out modchipstore.com... I've ordered from them several times in 2007 and their delivery time and item quality has been great. I think their shipping is like DHL 2-Day.

I look forward to challenging some GBATemp folks once it's out.
biggrin.gif

phyl0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do not buy from modchipstore.com

They are not an offical reseller of wiikeys.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/ModChipStore

I ordered wiikeys from them on Nov. 1st 2007, didnt get an email from them or anything for 10 days...tried to cancel the order a hundred times, no response from the company ever. After i tried to cancel, they charged my card. Again i tried to get my money back, no luck. On Jan. 16th 2008 i got an email that my order was shipped...........again i tried to contact them...no luck. I cant describe how much i recommend you not ordering anything from them

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do not buy from modchipstore.com

They are not an offical reseller of wiikeys.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/ModChipStore

I ordered wiikeys from them on Nov. 1st 2007, didnt get an email from them or anything for 10 days...tried to cancel the order a hundred times, no response from the company ever. After i tried to cancel, they charged my card. Again i tried to get my money back, no luck. On Jan. 16th 2008 i got an email that my order was shipped...........again i tried to contact them...no luck. I cant describe how much i recommend you not ordering anything from them

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.
Yes, they are? This was the place where I got my Wiikey. They were kinda late on the shipping but then they refunded the shipping cost. I'd still recommend them.

Modchipcentral's 3-day shipping is around $6-7 and their next day shipping is around $15, I think. They don't accept paypal as most modchip sellers don't...

phyl0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They used to be an offical reseller, when they were actually a business, not a fraud site, but before they wiikey website went down again, they were not on the list. They are no longer a legitimate site, they just take everyones money. Theres hundreds of people on the resellerratings.com who have not received any products, nor gotten any responses from them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k