Wiikey Farce Continues

Tsunami_bomber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not everyone wants to play just jap games, i myself would like to play usa games that are in english without waiting 6 months for a pal release, why do you think thats a bad thing?
Games take ages to come out in Europe? NO WAI
ohmy.gif
THAT'S NEWS TO ME! Seriously though, it's Nintendo Europe what do you expect? Have you been living under a rock for the last 17 years? You should know what to expect by now! If you're that upset about it import a Wii from the US like I did *smug*.
biggrin.gif

Anyways Wii game compatibility is the same across the modchip board, so it wouldn't matter what chip you bought, and it's hardly WiiKeys fault you live in PAL land. Blame Nintendo for going back on their word and region coding their machines!

[/quote]
you are such a douche. you ran out of constructive comments a while back, so just chill out and exit to the rear of the thread.

you didn't even admit that there was a totally valid argument being made. Instead you have the audacity to suggest that this guy spend 300-400 USD (probably more) on importing a US Wii, ON TOP OF the ridiculous price of importing games, ON TOP OF the cost of his already functional PAL Wii, instead of the much more convenient (and sane) solution of a $40 mod chip. don't you think that if he had the cash to burn on a Wii from every region he wanted to play games, he'd of done it already? I mean, fuck, the sheer hardheaded-ness of you to blame him for living where he lives. Yeah it's a bad lot, but god damnit, he's just a gamer like you and me trying to get his game on.

to everybody else who can't seem to keep their heads: this isn't a piracy issue, this isn't a crybaby fanboy issue, this isn't a "i want to play a couple shitty games that don't even really appeal to me" issue. It's frustrated consumers who can't use advertised features of a product they've invested cash in. They've been strung along, told "just a little longer" more times than they can count, and they're sick of it -- all while the seller continues to advertise these phantom features, getting more and more people to buy their product.

but then again, i suppose that no order of magnitude of the force of my will can keep the douches from posting half-hearted mockery. If you can't convey humor in your writing, take a writing course with a professor that gives half a shit about teaching -- don't blame other people for not getting your stale 4chan memes, you're BB code emoticons, and your failed attempts at sardonic humor. You're just terrible at written expression, and probably just as terrible a person.

I want a boston shaker, cause my current one isn't doing it for me. Can anybody PM suggestions?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Darkforce is perfectly capable of fighting his own battles but I thought I would add some stuff and dispel other things:
importing, I did this a month ago when exchange rates were a bit different but still:
Prices from Amazon or a big online shop for a top flight game.
US title $50
UK title: £40
Mainland Europe (France): €60
Japan: ? 6000
Australia: $100 Aud

A current exchange rates ( http://fxtop.com/en/ ) a US game is
£25
€37
?6200
$60 Aud

2 or 3 games + shipping and prices are the same or less for importing. There are numerous places online that facilitate this as will many local shops. Never mind if you know someone who travels occasionally.

The way I see it if you know enough to complain you should really know enough to do something (or find out how to do something) about your situation (I seriously doubt all of you got your chips without importing at your stage let alone 1 or 2 stages back).

"already functional PAL Wii"
Semantics perhaps but I have a perfectly functional 486 around here (it is a great alarm clock stand), why do I not use it often? Because it does not run what I want it to.

"It's frustrated consumers who can't use advertised features of a product they've invested cash in......."
Perhaps, a certain level of hysteria has been reached though considering this situation is an age old one. I know personally I will never see a film with which the Wachowski brothers have some less than tenuous connection after the matrix sequels were advertised as better than the first.
I find it mildly amusing to see the rather quick turn of thought regarding it though: see all the threads/reviews/donkey billboards suggesting a wiikey but 2 months ago and the lack of any equally featured chips getting a look in for the most part. Add in the clone stuff and the not insubstantial backlash against them and those who sell them (and not just the false advertisements). Not related to this but a similar situation is now happening with the m3dss/r4.

Oh and should one deem it necessary to pull someone up on writing it is wise to make sure that they themselves lead by example, not to mention make sure that what they are pulling them up on is actually wrong enough to warrant it the first place. Admittedly writing from flame on mode can reduce the ability to pull it off so I will let that one go.

"get his game on." Sounds like a plan, SLI enabled, patches applied, mouse more sensitive, headphones on, crap closed down. Game on.

shinnosuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
so does this mean that Wiikey 1.3 is out??Does Crayon Shinchan,Naruto Shippuden and Hajime no Ippo work with this update??

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
WiiNewz reporting Testing complete

thanks to me
wink.gif
i got it out of them finally, but they closed the topic when confronted by all my questions, man i should become a lawyer...

QUOTEyou are such a douche. you ran out of constructive comments a while back, so just chill out and exit to the rear of the thread.

you didn't even admit that there was a totally valid argument being made. Instead you have the audacity to suggest that this guy spend 300-400 USD (probably more) on importing a US Wii, ON TOP OF the ridiculous price of importing games, ON TOP OF the cost of his already functional PAL Wii, instead of the much more convenient (and sane) solution of a $40 mod chip. don't you think that if he had the cash to burn on a Wii from every region he wanted to play games, he'd of done it already? I mean, fuck, the sheer hardheaded-ness of you to blame him for living where he lives. Yeah it's a bad lot, but god damnit, he's just a gamer like you and me trying to get his game on.

to everybody else who can't seem to keep their heads: this isn't a piracy issue, this isn't a crybaby fanboy issue, this isn't a "i want to play a couple shitty games that don't even really appeal to me" issue. It's frustrated consumers who can't use advertised features of a product they've invested cash in. They've been strung along, told "just a little longer" more times than they can count, and they're sick of it -- all while the seller continues to advertise these phantom features, getting more and more people to buy their product.

but then again, i suppose that no order of magnitude of the force of my will can keep the douches from posting half-hearted mockery. If you can't convey humor in your writing, take a writing course with a professor that gives half a shit about teaching -- don't blame other people for not getting your stale 4chan memes, you're BB code emoticons, and your failed attempts at sardonic humor. You're just terrible at written expression, and probably just as terrible a person.

I want a boston shaker, cause my current one isn't doing it for me. Can anybody PM suggestions?

man i just love the american insults lol, i can't be bothred to read your rants but oh well.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Prices from Amazon or a big online shop for a top flight game.
US title $50
Mainland Europe (France): €60
Japan: ? 6000
Australia: $100 Aud
According to Google, those prices at the moment would be:

US title £25 ($50)
Mainland Europe (France): £40 (€60)
Japan: £25 (? 6000)
Australia: £49 ($100) Aud

- Sam

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?