Hacking Wiikey fake guide

betaboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
don't buy a clone, those people behind wiikey work hard to put this chip together. when a clone is bought, they're not being rewarded for their work, and this can ultimately lead to the demise of any modchip team.

like come on, it's not a whole lot cheaper, we shouldn't treat the wiikey staff that way.

And by changing just a few words, you can destroy this apparent moral standing....

'don't buy a modchip, those people behind (insert your favorite game here) work hard to put this game together. when a game is pirated they're not being rewarded for their work, and this can ultimately lead to the demise of any developer/publisher/console manufacturer.'

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, with the real one your buying piece of mind. If the fake one works for you, it's your choice.

This is all the same damm code anyway. All started with the WiiNinja, and small pieces here and there were changed to create other chips.

mustnap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And by changing just a few words, you can destroy this apparent moral standing....

'don't buy a modchip, those people behind (insert your favorite game here) work hard to put this game together. when a game is pirated they're not being rewarded for their work, and this can ultimately lead to the demise of any developer/publisher/console manufacturer.'

but some of the people are using modchips to play games from other region. (not talking about myself here..)

weet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From dealextreme's investigation into their supply of cloned chips:

QUOTE said:
Regarding the validity of the chip, here is what I have heard by gossiping from some local sources. Here's the deal: WiiKey.cn is a R&D company who designs chips but do not own their own chip fabricating factory. So they outsourced their chip to an OEM factory for production. After these chips are produced they are then sent back to the WiiKey company for putting onto their PCB boards.

What happened was that the OEM factory decided to put some of these WiiKey-developed chips onto their own PCB boards - making them almost like OEM-versions. That's how these chips have different PCB boards but yet their features are the same.

Keeping in mind that this info is from gossiping and is not verified, my view on these chips is that their production/license may be questionable but if this is true then they are indeed the same chips. While I'm not an electronic engineer I do not think there is a way for Wiikey updates to identify the PCB board. To Wiikey updates this modchip appears identical to other WiiKeys as they share the same chipset.

So it is possible that these clones are 100% identical to the original because they are using the same exact amtel chip pressed with wiikey.cns same exact code. His guess that the differing PCB components can not be identified as different from the real one is quite certainly correct.

I suppose we will know for sure when wiikey.cn releases the next update and it is tested on a clone.

Exity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i hope the ones from kai are real hey has anyone orderrd from foundmy
Foundmy is listed as an official reseller of WiiKey so most likely, yes they are real.

Kai's get their stuff from the same supplier as Dealextreme so most likely it is the same type chip being sold at Dealextreme. Maybe they changed suppliers now though that the current fiasco happened.

mustnap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm in Ohio, and i got the shipping confirmation from DHL on Wednesday.. on Thursday i got the item. =) not sure if it happened only to me though..

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
The Wiikey contains a bootcode section that some of the clones did not duplicate. That is why the config disc does not work with those clones. Future builds of the config/update disc will do a checksum on this section of code, so if your chip is a clone the config/update disc won't run.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I live maybe 3 minutes from a Dairy Queen, so I would just go there for ice cream anything anyways. I usually get the Oreo Blizzard, or a Peanut Buster Parfait.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats a dairy queen?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ice cream shop
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, mmmm ice cream
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremums a dairy queen
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: