Hacking Wiikey clone and 1.9g Update

kgb420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the funny thing is... you people buy a clone then expect all the updates for the wiikey to work
rolleyes.gif

Try to support the real chip mfg and then you would have some kind of bitch if the update doesnt work!

good luck!

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yup, i got a clone aswell. The wiikey update + update swap disc trick both went SUPERSILKYSMOOTH!!!!
The update swap disc trick (which is using unbrickblocked copy then swapping during update for brickblocked copy right?) is not needed for a NTSC console, right? For me, it would just be put in an unbrickblocked copy, update, and go?

maddk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
the funny thing is... you people buy a clone then expect all the updates for the wiikey to work
rolleyes.gif

Try to support the real chip mfg and then you would have some kind of bitch if the update doesnt work!

good luck!
Dude if my chip is a clone I'm not aware of it... since I got my wii modded at a store and they just gave it to me after it was installed... I don't expect the wiikey updates to work on clones... I expected my friggin chip wasnt whatever it is...

Nypon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I have a Wiikeyclone and have done the update to wiikey 1.9B without any problems. The Wiikey update 1.9G should not be any problem to use then? Am I right? Or have some clonekeys worked to update and then got fucked up when they installed 1.9G?
I will wait on the SMG to PAL but the protection is probably the same.

Best regards

Jimmy

Jimmy de Grasso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi,
I have a Wiikeyclone and have done the update to wiikey 1.9B without any problems. The Wiikey update 1.9G should not be any problem to use then? Am I right? Or have some clonekeys worked to update and then got fucked up when they installed 1.9G?
I will wait on the SMG to PAL but the protection is probably the same.

Best regards

Jimmy

I believe if 1.9b worked then 1.9g will work too, the problem that occurs with some people is with NO WIIKEY modchips (clone or original) because none update works, the clone has the same code recorded, so if you was able to run any update and the update worked, you will be able to run all updates.

SoraK05

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
I need a bit of help here. What's the swap-disc trick?
I got a pre-modded Wii which I was told has a WiiKey, to discover it looks very much like a homemade PIC16F690 chip that 'apparently is a WiiKey'
tongue.gif
.. I tested the WiiKey Config 1.3 disc, and it seems to actually register.. and I can save the settings..
Thing is though, the updates, either 1.9b or 1.9g don't work, whether through GCOS or normally - it boots up and does a test, then says 'error: test failed, check connections'.
Is there anything I can do about this, to flash the chip?
Would the only way to fix this to somehow build a programmer and try flashing the recently-released 1.9g WiiKey HEX, somehow?
4-2.jpg

smegpot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just putting in my 2-cents.
I have an NTSC-US D2A drive with a WiiKey...probably a clone.

I updated to 1.9g a few days after updating to 1.9b with no problems.

The 1.3 config disk wouldn't load with 1.9b (tried multi-times on 2 different burns)
but
the same disk will load with 1.9g

So - anyone who's having issues with the 1.3 config disk under 1.9b, try the galaxy upgrade - it worked for me.

TheNeck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a wiikit, when i first installed it a month ago, everything worked fine, updated to 1.9b and used 1.3 config disk.

Yesterday, i burned 1.9g with padding on a dvd+r, and it would not recognize the disk, always gave me an error message screen to reset your system. So I tried the 1.9b disk that I burned when i first installed my wiikit, and it detected that disk fine, so i reset the wii, and tried the 1.9g disk again and it detected it fine this time and was able to update to 1.9g and SMG works perfectly for me. Kind of weird how 1.9g disk wasnt being detected till i tried 1.9b disk.

Also smegpot, i was able to use the 1.3 config disk with 1.9b with no problems on my wiikit.

Nemo798

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if i have a clone does that mean there aren't any updates for say bootleg wiikeys?? then what the hell is the point of making bootlegs?

(i dont' support bootleg modchips though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol