wiikey 2 game update questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by rest_easy, Dec 9, 2008.

Dec 9, 2008
  1. rest_easy
    OP

Newcomer rest_easy Member

United States
    I just installed my wiikey2, hoorah! I did put a disk from my region in and started it up. I even loaded the disk but didn't pay attention to the leds in front. I'm assuming it is fine.
    I then tried a backup but that didn't work. This was when I recalled my update disk from the wiikey site. I inserted that, it showd as gamecube, and I loaded it. A second or so later the wii reset (was that normal?). I tried the backup game again and it works fine.

My question is do I need to do anything else? I am on 3.2 and do have homebrew installed. I have starfall installed (all options).
    Does the wiikey2 keep updates from happening from discs or do I need wiibrickblocker or something like that? I ask because I may load up Okami and I know that asks to install an update.

How do I get to the config menu on the wiikey2?

Thank you all this site has been so helpful! I'm halfway into zelda link to the past, one of my favorite games of all time.

2. SpikeyBryan

Member SpikeyBryan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You insert the disc, and then use the reset button to go down to the update options and choose "None" and it will block updates for you ^^ To get to the configuration menu, you use the same disk you got from the Wiikey site. Ehm, for me, I had to press a button, which told the wiikey to update, because after a couple of seconds, it just shuts the wii down, because the update only adds the update blocker functionality.

3. rest_easy
    OP

Newcomer rest_easy Member

United States
    that's odd. WHen I put the disc in it reads it just fine. But when I hit load on the disc (in the disc channel) it loads, the screen goes black, and immediately the wii resets. I get no menu.

I did download from their site. A small small file that was packed with winrar that ended up being over a gb. I burned it onto tayoio sudenkn media (i don't know how to spell it) and then did the above.

I tried it a second time and it did the same thing. No menu at all... Could it be a bad burn? I do have Starfall already on so could it be that? Should I try disabling starfall to run this disc? I'll try that.

It's a wiikey 2 with wiiclip from modchipcentral, v. 3.2u never upgraded beyond that. hbc channel, backuploader 0.3 starfall all installed.