Wiikey 1.3 Update problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by gavster2002, Dec 17, 2009.

Dec 17, 2009

Wiikey 1.3 Update problem by gavster2002 at 9:36 AM (1,174 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. gavster2002
    OP

Newcomer gavster2002 Member

United Kingdom
    Hi,

I have been running a hardmodded + softmodded Wii for the past year. I have 4.0 EUROPE, and have softmodded a bit in order to have homebrew channel etc.

The Wiikey 2 had firmware 1.2 on it and after seeing there was an update to handle mario I upgraded to 1.3.

Since then whenever I put a disk in the drive (retail or backup) the will freezes. If i boot with disk in it also freezes.

I tried loading neogammer and put the disk in once it has loaded and that works fine, so it looks as though it is specific to the dash.

The 1.3 config disk also loads fine, it just seems to freeze once any game is inserted.

Any ideas?

Gavster

2. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    the config disc is not the update disc. the latest config disc version is 1.3, the latest update disc is 1.9S or something like that.
    Anyway my point is that you are mixing two different discs! There was never a wiikey version 1.3, it's just the version of the software to configure the chip.
    Get the latest update (first check if that is 1.9S)

3. gavster2002
    OP

United Kingdom
    Hi, Thanks for your reply.
    You are incorrect though. see http://www.wiikey.cn/en/legacy/
    I think you are getting confused with the wiikey original not the wiikey 2 that I have.
    When i booted off the disk it first flashed the new firmware then after rebooting it was the config disk
    Anyone else?

4. Dougie Drama

Newcomer Dougie Drama Newbie

Australia
    yeah, me too! just says "this disc cannot be read"... weird thing is that NSMB works fine about 50 percent of the time....

5. stev418

Member stev418 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    just to check, did you get the 1.3 straight from wiikey? since i know there is also a test.iso floating around

6. gavster2002
    OP

United Kingdom
    I got update from Wiikey site.