WiiHTTP Dumper & SSBB Help...

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Greensquiggly, Dec 20, 2008.

Dec 20, 2008
  1. Greensquiggly
    OP

Newcomer Greensquiggly Newbie

United States
    1. I'm trying to dump my copy of SSBB (for the texture hacks coming out today) using WiiHTTP Dumper. I followed all the steps (and yes I did select the dual layer option when downloading the .iso) However the download stops EXACTLY at 2.0GB. I tried it a second time and it did the same thing. Is this normal? Did I make any mistakes?

2. I don't know if I used the most updated version of WiiHTTP because it had a boot.elf file in it (I converted it of course) I'm saying this because maybe it might have something to do with it.

3. If this method of dumping does not work out for me, what other methods should I try? (SD, etc...)

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

2. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    Not sure what the problem is. I am using the SD card method however as I get horrible speeds through wifi.

3. Greensquiggly
    OP

United States
    Whats the Apps program you use to dump it? Also any recommended tutorials I should read up on to install and use it?

I'm giving up trying to dump it over wifi.... I tried it a third time and it still stopped at 2gb...

4. alex

Member alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    The disc may be bad.

5. Greensquiggly
    OP

United States
    What do you mean by the disc being bad? I just played it like 10 minutes ago lol.

6. alex

United States
    Oh great now I have this problem too, but it won't even ask me for the Save Location. [​IMG]

7. Umbreon999

Newcomer Umbreon999 Member

Australia
    When I extracted my Brawl it didn't work with Internet explorer, but I tried Firefox and worked perfectly. So try Firefox, that should work.

8. Greensquiggly
    OP

United States
    Huh... so I just deleted the WiiHTTP dumper and redownloaded it from a different source and now its working... this one also looks different that the one I used before. Maybe I was using an out of date dumper.

thanks for the feedback people.

9. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    i have issues with wifi dumping alot of the time, mostly dumping freezing early like what u seem to have experienced. personally i adjust the wii and router a bit to improve the reception and it usually dumps ok after 1 or 2 tries.

Otherwise the LAN adapter increases reliability so much more thanks to the wired connection [​IMG].

10. alex

United States
    Damn, I realized the problem, it's an invisible error, maybe it was fixed, but even fixing disc scratches won't work(it's it just filling in?). The banner is messed up. [​IMG] I was looking forward to the Texture Swaps. [​IMG]