Country
I just tried Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity [PAL] on the following

4.7Gb DVD-R
2x Speed using IMGburn
Everything installed and working properly with other Back-ups

Tries to load multiple times on Backup-Loader, but fails and reads
hate2.gif

"ERROR: (Random messed up letters) identify failed

Which is also the message I get on my NORMAL copy of Brawl (but only on the backlup loader, n normal Gecko OS, it says ERROR NO DVD

Any suggestions?
rolleyes.gif

PostScript

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just tried out Worms: A Space Oddity NTSC, and it does not seem to work (gets stuck at the loading screen).

Has anyone had success altering the region code and then maintaining the video stream, if a game is not working. I.E. NTSC --> PAL region, but then return the video back from PAL --> NTSC. I know this step may seem redundant, but it appears to me that PAL releases seem to have more success with this loader. I was thinking of attempting this with the Worms title, but if anyone has any experience with this please let me know.

Brian117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also just tried Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity.

So my results are:

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity [NTSC]
Fujifilm DVD-R 4.7GB
ImgBurn

Issues:

There's a long ass intro movie in the beginning. Which you can't skip through. And it's VERYY choppy. The colors are also distorted.

After waiting 10-20 minutes for the intro to end, the main game menu comes up in full color, no problems. BUT!

It says to press the + sign on the Wiimote. So I did..and it won't do anything. I pushed it about 10 times and nothing happened.

So I think the game is very faulty when it comes to the Backup loader.

Just letting you all know this game is unplayable.

Heading over to the Wiki right now to add it to the list.

EDIT: Just wanted to let you know to not waste a disk on this game.

Leon2457

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brian - Did you have a GameCube controller Plugged in?

if so, then I suggest you try unplugging it and then try pressing + ^^ I heard something like that on another forum, anyway, thanks for trying the NTSC one ^^

Brian117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a matter of fact I did have a wireless gamecube pad plugged in o.o;;;

Thanks tons for the info ^^! I will for sure try, after me and my family watch this movie >.>

If it works, then I'll love you forever o.o

Brian117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE:

Wewt, it works! ^^.

I unplugged my Wireless gamecube pad and took out the gc memory card just to be safe, and it works.

I haven't played any gameplay yet. But the main menu lets me press + and create a save.

After the movie, I will play some gameplay and update you guys again.

Thanks tons Leon.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would taking the Gamecube controller out have anything to do with? I wonder if this affects Wario Land as well...

Wait, is Sonic Riders compatible with a Gamecube controller?

Btw, make sure to edit the wiki.
smile.gif

JmanW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility NTSC (USA) - Slow main loading and starting titles and are unskippable. Locks up after talk with mayor.

I tested this forcing nothing so I don't know the end results, try forcing something like NTSC or PAL or something.

Line Rider 2: Unbound NTSC (USA) - Laggy opening but completely fine afterwards, nothing forced. Laggy cutscenes.

De Blob NTSC (USA) - Laggy in the beginning, completely fine afterwards.

Brian117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys, the movie is done.

I will now be checking the gameplay for Sonic Riders and get back to you, and update the Wiki.

And while watching the movie, I burned Medal of Honor Vanguard and it completed just like 2 minutes ago. So I will try both and give you updates
smile.gif

LegendaryXM90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, that's what happens with Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution as well. If you have a GC controller plugged in, it won't let you do anything with the Wiimote, but I don't care for that game because I use the GC controller for it anyway. It lets you use the Wiimote with the GC controller plugged in on Wiimote-only mini-games, though.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Brian117 said:
Ok guys, the movie is done.

I will now be checking the gameplay for Sonic Riders and get back to you, and update the Wiki.

And while watching the movie, I burned Medal of Honor Vanguard and it completed just like 2 minutes ago. So I will try both and give you updates
smile.gif

Medal of Honor doesn't work, it stays on a screen saying, "eject the disc and turn off you Wii blah blah blah", I've even burnt PAL and NTSC, forcing in every way and nothing, just does not work, ....snif!!!

Brian117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: x_x

Neither games work..

Results:

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity [NTSC]
Fujifilm DVD-R 4.7GB
ImgBurn x4

When selecting "Race" or whatever, on the main menu, the "Loading" in the bottom right freezes and no results happen. Unplayable.

Medal of Honor: Vanguard [NTSC]
Fujifilm DVD-R 4.7GB
ImgBurn x4

When starting it up, I get a black screen. Then after a little while, I get an error saying,

"An error has occurred. Please press Eject and turn the power off and try again. Please result in the Wii manual for more information."

Or something...

Damn x.x, I was looking forward to these games too!

Leon2457

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aw, I was just about to say thank you for the praise of helping for once, and then it isn't even playable
frown.gif

Well, I'm glad I could SORT OF help XD, oh and Thanks Brian, saved me from downloading the NTSC and wasting yet another disc XD (I tried the PAL Sonic Riders 3 times earlier >_

Leon2457

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thats fine, I wasn't demanding answers, just wanted to know if anyone knows anything about what the Wiki says, ANYWAY (back on Topic) I Can't add to the Wiki (not sure how) so could someone add this for me?

Sonic Riders:Zero Gravity [PAL]
4.7Gb "Mr.DVD" DVD-R Written at 2x speed
- Disc Read Error at Backup Launcher Menu, loaded once, but showed a Black screen straight afterwards

Tried on 3 Different discs, but got the same result on each

Mr.DVD
Maxim (x 2)

Thanks in Advance

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm really curious here. The wiki lists Metroid Prime 3 as not working. When it should be a green working. There isn't a thing wrong with it other than the tile movie lags and very long loading. The in-game cutscenes even run full speed. So, yeah it is working.
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption [NTSC-U]
Maxell DVD-R 4.7GB
IMGBURN 4x

Well, the only problem I might see is if the long loading times make the countdown to self-detonate things impossible. But, then again we could just use an ocarina code to disable those...

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OneUp said:
I'm really curious here. The wiki lists Metroid Prime 3 as not working. When it should be a green working. There isn't a thing wrong with it other than the tile movie lags and very long loading. The in-game cutscenes even run full speed. So, yeah it is working.
Maxell DVD-R 4.7GB
IMGBURN 4x

Well, the only problem I might see is if the long loading times make the countdown to self-detonate things impossible. But, then again we could just use an ocarina code to disable those...
it's also green in this first post
then again the wiki says " you won't be able to get throught first planet because of slow loading "

are you past the first planeT?

Motoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OneUp said:
Maxell DVD-R 4.7GB
IMGBURN 4x

its listed as not playable because it takes 10 minutes (to load) each time you go through a door. I'm not waiting around for 10 minutes to go through a door.

Darkkenfox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE(' date=') said:
-Pokemon Battle Revolution - NTSC (Thanks Subzero401)

I had problems with Pokemon Battle Revolution (NTSC)
The game runs good but:

Sometimes, when I click on "Save Game" in the Game Menu, the game freezes
And, Usually when I click on "Save Game" option already on the battle, the game freezes

You should inform that

Sorry for my bad english x)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: oh ye i made a post i did forget they had an account i prob shouldve tagged them in the post tbh