Hacking WiiFlow Lite

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@matto21

Thank you for testing.

With Amstrad, it is really difficult to get true results of compatibility. There are so many junk roms floating around, none of us are testing the same rom dumps in most cases.

I do not want to revert to 5.4.9, I want to be current so i can give back current results. And the very reason fledge continues to work on this.

I feel using old revisions to test is important, but not helping the objective goal.

To be honest, i could care less about Wiituka, with all the problems it has. RA cap32 autoboots CPC, or you can use cap32 to play the converted CPC roms.

Wiituka is a mess of an emulator plugin that maybe should be removed.
i tried some roms from my set with wfl_v5.5.4 test build 2 they start automatically
3D Boxing
007 - A View to a Kill
007 - Licence To Kill
007 - Live and Let Die
007 - The Living Daylights
007 - The Spy Who Loved Me
After the War
Alien Storm
Aliens
Airwolf
Andy Capp
Arkanoid
ATV Simulator
Frogger
Scooby Doo and Scrappy Doo
Scooby Doo In The Castle Myster

Reactions: RunningSnakes

chrondelta

Wii hacker
Trophies
Website
gofund.me
XP
Country
United States
I just realized i'm not running this from Wiituka but from the Retroarch CPC plugin. That's where i'm getting corrupted autoboot.

Wiituka is taking a while to load the "ROM List" once i picked a game. But it seemed to autoboot just fine.

So yeah to be clear, it's RETROARCH that is corrupting my autoboot commands not Wiituka. SOrry for the confusion so far. I'd prefer to run these via Retroarch if possible.

Reactions: impeeza

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe a bug, not sure with latest beta. Reload cache 3 times and black screen freeze about 2/3 through Game Boy covers each time.

Reverting to 5.4.9, this problem does not exist, fixes the issue. And using/installing 5.5.4. beta 2 afterwards, reload cache has no problems using what 5.4.9 created.

This issue could be on my end, maybe i should remove the lists cache. I'll post back with results.

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Maybe a bug, not sure with latest beta. Reload cache 3 times and black screen freeze about 2/3 through Game Boy covers each time.

Reverting to 5.4.9, this problem does not exist, fixes the issue. And using/installing 5.5.4. beta 2 afterwards, reload cache has no problems using what 5.4.9 created.

This issue could be on my end, maybe i should remove the lists cache. I'll post back with results.
all OK on wfl_v5.5.4 test build 2
uploaded your covers cleared the cache
reload cache all OK
your covers are fabulous

Reactions: RunningSnakes

rkChdrkls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used Wiiflow in a few years so deleted my old version(both in apps folder and root directory wiiflow folder) and installed the latest wiiflow lite on my external usb hard drive.
Problem is no games are found, nothing. I have quite a few VC games installed on the real nand but nothing is picked up. The hard drive is detected and if I go to file explorer in the options menu I can browse all files on the drive from within wiiflow.
Using d2x v10 beta 52 base-57 (65525) on ios249

rkChdrkls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you using a WBFS partition? what is the format of the main partition? what files are on the USB:/WBFS folder?

I don't use a WBFS partition and don't have a WBFS folder. The USB HD is set as one 90GB NTFS partition and one 21 GB FAT32. The apps folder and wiiflow lite are on the FAT32 partition and I launch wiiflow from inside the homebrew channel.
I can browse all the files/folders on both partitions from inside Wiiflow file explorer in the options menu. I set the option for sd_only=no. Everything else is pointed to usb2:/ (the fat32 partition)
When I used wiiflow lite back in 2018 (with this same external HD) it picked up all the VC games installed in my internal wii NAND etc, and downloaded the covers for them. Now it doesn't find anything. Everything seems set up correctly. I'm not using nand emulation or anything exotic. Other homebrew apps like Wiisxrx, dosbox all work from homebrew.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
The games are search on the USBx:/WBSF folder, where "x" is the number of the port. you need to create the folder and put the iso files on there.

then use the settings menu to setup the device for games.

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't use a WBFS partition and don't have a WBFS folder. The USB HD is set as one 90GB NTFS partition and one 21 GB FAT32. The apps folder and wiiflow lite are on the FAT32 partition and I launch wiiflow from inside the homebrew channel.
I can browse all the files/folders on both partitions from inside Wiiflow file explorer in the options menu. I set the option for sd_only=no. Everything else is pointed to usb2:/ (the fat32 partition)
When I used wiiflow lite back in 2018 (with this same external HD) it picked up all the VC games installed in my internal wii NAND etc, and downloaded the covers for them. Now it doesn't find anything. Everything seems set up correctly. I'm not using nand emulation or anything exotic. Other homebrew apps like Wiisxrx, dosbox all work from homebrew.
Hello,

did you activate ""the cache"" in the settings of wiiflow to make the games appear there??

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used Wiiflow in a few years so deleted my old version(both in apps folder and root directory wiiflow folder) and installed the latest wiiflow lite on my external usb hard drive.
Problem is no games are found, nothing. I have quite a few VC games installed on the real nand but nothing is picked up. The hard drive is detected and if I go to file explorer in the options menu I can browse all files on the drive from within wiiflow.
Using d2x v10 beta 52 base-57 (65525) on ios249
Did you set channels type to real via the main settings pg 3 or 4?

rkChdrkls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you set channels type to real via the main settings pg 3 or 4?

Can;t find that setting,
this is my wiiflow_lite.ini (snipped to relevant parts) (Partrition 2 is my usb HD fat32 partition)

[CHANNELS]
channels_type=1
current_emunand=default
disable=no
emulation=0
partition=2
real_nand_config=yes
real_nand_miis=yes
update_cache=yes

[DEBUG]
sd_write_log=no
show_mem=no
wifi_gecko=no

[HOMEBREW]
box_mode=no
disable=no
partition=0
smallbox=no
update_cache=yes

[WII]
current_save_emunand=default
fix480p=no
partition=2
preferred_partition=-1
save_emulation=0
savepartition=2
wii_games_dir=%s:/wbfs

rkChdrkls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 is real nand channels.

are you using the source menu/flow to view your nand channels? or the icon on the main screen?

Don't know what source menu is, I think I use flow view which has the 6 icons that show up at the bottom. Ok, got it working. I used the second to last button on the right to cycle through to the nand and it showed all the wads I had installed. Whew, I feel like an idiot now.
One other thing i'm struggling with, is Wiiflow suppose to show all the Homebrew titles you have in the 'apps' folder of your storage drive. Do you need a plugin for each one or is their a way to display/load Homebrew titles wthout plugins.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol