benfll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

on which medium are your games placed??

have you tested the games without cheat mode??

do your other games work?

Post a syscheck report here , for verification , thanks .
All my games are on the SD card. The game doesn't work with cheats disabled either. Every other game I've tried works, only Kirby's Adventure/Return to Dreamland doesn't. Syscheck attached.
(sorry for edit pressed send by mistake halfway through writing).

Attachments

• sysCheck.csv.txt
    2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited by benfll,

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
All my games are on the SD card. The game doesn't work with cheats disabled either. Every other game I've tried works, only Kirby's Adventure/Return to Dreamland doesn't. Syscheck attached.
(sorry for edit pressed send by mistake halfway through writing).
your syscheck report is correct.

maybe your games are corrupted, redo your dumps (original copy)

what version of wiiflow are you using?

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried these steps and neither Kirby's Adventure Wii or Kirby's Return to Dreamland work on my PAL Wii. My game settings are:
IOS: AUTO
Language: Default
Video mode: System
Debugger: Disabled
Hook Type: AUTO
Ocarina: On
Patch country strings: Off
Vipatch: Off
Patch video modes: None
Aspect Ratio: Default
NAND Emulation: Default
Activity LED: Off
Private Server: Off
480p Pixel Patch: Off
Deflicker Filter: Normal

I have the gameconfig.txt file placed in wiiflow/codes but if I select Cheat Codes in the game's settings it says "Cheat file for game not found", so it looks like it's not recognising the file for some reason?
cheat codes are different from gameconfig.txt

you could try setting video mode to GAME.

Also does the game start at all? It should at least start before it freezes or stops working. if it doesn't start then it could be a bad copy of the game.

Reactions: jeannotte

JasonH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im trying to add coverart to Sega CD games in wiiflow lite 5.4.9
I have all the games in their designated folders and i have them unzipped inside each folder. the Games load but i cannot figure out what to name the coverart for the game. Ive tried the folder name and that didnt work. ive tried the name on the first .BIN file and that didnt work. Some of my games have multiple .BIN files and a video i watched he only had one bin file to rename his to. The Games work but i cannot get the covers to match.

Last edited by JasonH,

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im trying to add coverart to Sega CD games. I have all the games in their designated folders and i have them unzipped inside each folder. the Games load but i cannot figure out what to name the coverart for the game. Ive tried the folder name and that didnt work. ive tried the name on the first .BIN file and that didnt work. Some of my games have multiple .BIN files and a video i watched he only had one bin file to rename his to. The Games work but i cannot get the covers to match.
filename = game_filename.bin.png

put in dev:/wiiflow/boxcovers/Sega/Mega CD

you'll need to do a RELOAD CACHE

benfll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
cheat codes are different from gameconfig.txt

you could try setting video mode to GAME.

Also does the game start at all? It should at least start before it freezes or stops working. if it doesn't start then it could be a bad copy of the game.
The game starts and lets me pick a savefile, then I choose 'Main Mode' and it goes black and the music stops. When it does this the only button that works is the power button on the console, I can't press reset or use the power button on the wiimote to turn it off. It doesn't work with 'Game' video mode either.
your syscheck report is correct.

maybe your games are corrupted, redo your dumps (original copy)

what version of wiiflow are you using?
How do I verify my games against redump? Also I'm using WiiFlow 5.5.3.

EDIT: Hashes of both games match redump.

Last edited by benfll,

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game starts and lets me pick a savefile, then I choose 'Main Mode' and it goes black and the music stops. When it does this the only button that works is the power button on the console, I can't press reset or use the power button on the wiimote to turn it off. It doesn't work with 'Game' video mode either.

How do I verify my games against redump? Also I'm using WiiFlow 5.5.3.
what is your games ID? where did you get the gameconfig.txt?
does the game and gameconfig.txt work with usb loader gx? i believe you put gameconfig.txt on the root of the sd card. just remembered USBLGX doesn't play games from SD, USB Only for now.

benfll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
what is your games ID? where did you get the gameconfig.txt?
does the game and gameconfig.txt work with usb loader gx? i believe you put gameconfig.txt on the root of the sd card. just remembered USBLGX doesn't play games from SD, USB Only for now.
SUKP01 for Kirby's Adventure Wii and SUKE01 for Return to Dreamland. I got gameconfig.txt from the link you gave in your post.

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SUKP01 for Kirby's Adventure Wii and SUKE01 for Return to Dreamland. I got gameconfig.txt from the link you gave in your post.
does it work with ocarina off? if not then you need to try a different game file/wbfs. otherwise i've run out of ideas. maybe someone on a PAL wii can verify if it works or not

Nickelbawker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Full edit:
Did Wiiflow lite drop the ability to have a pulsing LED like one of the loaded prepacked versions of OG wiiflow I had from back in the day?

Actually Rhapsodii Shima 5.4 isn't bad, I'm not using system selector & currently only have Wii GC in wiiflow. The background is what I'd change the most on it and perhaps the purple nameplate, it looks good on GC but out of place for wii. 80s / retro art is cool but it's also getting wore out by being used a lot, perhaps because people like it a lot, I do but I really love the scanline Mac Os X & Wii. So I'm going to see if I can at-least hack up the theme a bit for my console.

Last edited by Nickelbawker,

wiinteriscoming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, I just have a question regarding the screenshot function in the main menu of WiiFlow. Is there a way to disable it, like changing some file for the controller setup? My roommates keep pressing the Z button too often, and my SD card is already low on memory, so I just want make sure it doesn't get cluttered with nonsense screenshots :)

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did Wiiflow lite drop the ability to have a pulsing LED like one of the loaded prepacked versions of OG wiiflow I had from back in the day?
yes no more pulsing drive LED. mainly because the wii u doesn't have the drive LED and some other reason i forget.
Hey there, I just have a question regarding the screenshot function in the main menu of WiiFlow. Is there a way to disable it, like changing some file for the controller setup? My roommates keep pressing the Z button too often, and my SD card is already low on memory, so I just want make sure it doesn't get cluttered with nonsense screenshots :)
no way to disable it. but maybe an option will be added.

Reactions: cheloruiz79

Nickelbawker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RVL White Wii - Tried Startup settings on 249, 250, 251. Could not get gamecube games to boot on 553 with Rhapsodii Shima. Forgot to test without the theme, if that would matter. Reverted to wiiflow 541 no theme and gamecube games seem to be working, was looking for a version that didn't have to have fixes and was previous to changes to GameCube. 541wiiflow also has the IOS selection packed into settings where I didnt see that with 553+theme. I thought this was odd because I remember wii flow lite GC with Nintendont working fine on a 2019 ver. Using latest Nintendont as well. Might have to back port the 549 theme I just modified to this ver if necessary.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/