Hacking WiiFlow Lite

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having this problem, i cant load games from SD, i tried 5.4.9 and works great, but with the last version, doesnt
Just tried loading games via SD card on my Wii and they work except for one game i had gamesave nand emulation ON.
when i turned it OFF the game worked.

did some more testing and found that if the game and the savegame nand are both on SD the loading fails.
game on SD and savegame nand on USB works.
if the game is on USB HDD it works regardless if the savegame nand is on SD or USB.

I have yet to try v5.4.9

but for now I will see if i can figure out why savegame nand and the game both on SD fails.

@KeinesR are you on Wii or Wii U? Do you have your games set to use a savegame nand on SD? What cIOS do you have installed?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Just tried loading games via SD card on my Wii and they work except for one game i had gamesave nand emulation ON.

did some more testing and found that if the game and the savegame nand are both on SD the loading fails.
if the game is on USB HDD it works regardless if the savegame nand is on SD or USB.

I have yet to try v5.4.9

but for now I will see if i can figure out why savegame nand and the game both on SD fails.

@KeinesR are you on Wii or Wii U? Do you have your games set to use a savegame nand on SD? What cIOS do you have installed?
I don't know if it's related, but I know that for nand emulation via sneek, sd card access is disabled by default (can be constructed with it enabled though), because of potential issues (data corruption potential iirc) from having the system menu (run off sd) also use the sd card as external storage via the system menu or games. Perhaps this same logic got integrated into the nand emulation features of modern USB loaders?

KeinesR

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

I have yet to try v5.4.9

Thanks for your reply. I was in a wii, it was just formated and i really don't know how to use nand emulation so i assume it was off, i was using cIOS 249, base 57, d2xcios beta52

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So, I am on an older version of wiiflow and now I am having an issues, wiiflow for some reason, isn't reading Sakura Wars So Long my love, it skips it, but CFG mod does read it and its not damaged.

To make the issue clearer, wiiflow goes Rodea and then next title in the list is Shakedown Hawaii, it should be Rodea, Sakura Wars So Long My Love and then Shakedown hawaii

Trying to re DL the covers didn't work, sadly.
Ideas?

Last edited by Duncan Idaho,

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I am on an older version of wiiflow and now I am having an issues, wiiflow for some reason, isn't reading Sakura Wars So Long my love, it skips it, but CFG mod does read it and its not damaged.

To make the issue clearer, wiiflow goes Rodea and then next title in the list is Shakedown Hawaii, it should be Rodea, Sakura Wars So Long My Love and then Shakedown hawaii

Trying to re DL the covers didn't work, sadly.
Ideas?
Are you using wiiflow v5.5.0?

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and that's causing new problems, now I can't save settings on the games.

I turn ON ocarina and I hit back, not saved, so it turns OFF.

any fix or do I downgrade to a previous version?
well for one thing you don't need to turn ON ocarina. when you SELECT CHEATS it will be automatically turned ON. If you don't have any cheats selected there's no point in having it ON. plus if you turn it ON but don't launch a game successfully or exit wiiflow via it's exit option then no configs are saved.

Reactions: ca032769 and XFlak

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
well for one thing you don't need to turn ON ocarina. when you SELECT CHEATS it will be automatically turned ON. If you don't have any cheats selected there's no point in having it ON. plus if you turn it ON but don't launch a game successfully or exit wiiflow via it's exit option then no configs are saved.
Problem, Sakra wars isn't on the current version of gecko codes, its on gamehacking.org, I have the game's txt file with the cheats I want, where do I place it?

This is also a bit problematic because I have the .gct file for the game too as I generated it months ago, where do I place it?

https://codes.rc24.xyz/index.php?chid=R&r=*&l=s if you check, there's no Sakura Wars so long my love page

https://gamehacking.org/game/134047 that's where the only code for the game is and I'd like to get it working again

also I didn't exit wiiflow, I also changed the game to be forced 16:9 and run always on 480 and when hitting the back button, wiiflow resets all options to default.

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem, Sakra wars isn't on the current version of gecko codes, its on gamehacking.org, I have the game's txt file with the cheats I want, where do I place it?

This is also a bit problematic because I have the .gct file for the game too as I generated it months ago, where do I place it?
gameid.txt go in dev:/wiiflow/codes
gameid.gct go in dev:/wiiflow/gct but these are usually generated by wiiflow when you select the cheats you want via the cheat select menu.

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
gameid.txt go in dev:/wiiflow/codes
gameid.gct go in dev:/wiiflow/gct but these are usually generated by wiiflow when you select the cheats you want via the cheat select menu.
this isn't working either,
1640295280623.png
1640295369131.png
1640295479267.png

The file are where you said they should be, but wiiflow 5.5.0 isn't reading them, claims there are no cheats.

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also I didn't exit wiiflow, I also changed the game to be forced 16:9 and run always on 480 and when hitting the back button, wiiflow resets all options to default.
Don't see how that is even possible. the only way that would happen is if your gameconfig2.ini is corrupted or the drive its on is corrupted.

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
you could rename it by adding _bu to the end of the filename before the extension. that way you can always just rename it back if you have to
that didn't work, it didn't even bother generated new config files, but I have a hunch of what's the issue

dir_txtcheat=sd:/wiiflow/codes
dir_cheat=sd:/wiiflow/codes/gct

uh, it seems that the code telling wiiflow where to look are pointing to the non existent SD card, instead of the usb.

Yeah there's a difference between OG wiiflow file and wiiflow_lite, OG wiiflow point to the USB

and now sakura wars is gone again, **groans**

Attachments

• wiiflow.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: fledge68

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that didn't work, it didn't even bother generated new config files, but I have a hunch of what's the issue

dir_txtcheat=sd:/wiiflow/codes
dir_cheat=sd:/wiiflow/codes/gct

uh, it seems that the code telling wiiflow where to look are pointing to the non existent SD card, instead of the usb.

Yeah there's a difference between OG wiiflow file and wiiflow_lite, OG wiiflow point to the USB

and now sakura wars is gone again, **groans**
ok so you found d your problem. but why would wiiflow_lite.ini point to a non existent SD card? was there an SD card originally?

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
ok so you found d your problem. but why would wiiflow_lite.ini point to a non existent SD card? was there an SD card originally?
Because that's how the .ini is on the package, I didn't mod it until ten minutes ago.

I haven't used an SD in years, so I have no reason as to why 5.5.0's config points to the SD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1