Hacking WiiFlow Lite

Arck

Trophies
XP
Country
what did you use to dump it?
Cleanrip 2.0

I also did test from a downloaded iso, somewhere.
My personal dump & the dump from internet look 1.1 the same...

There is an AP that make the game crash if you load it from the sd card, apparently it work fine on a HDD

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEW RELEASE!!!!

WiiFlow Lite v4.4.0 r1132

Changes:
- fixed nintendont video and language selecting per game. seems their 'key' names were different in config_game.cpp and menu_game.cpp so when you changed them in settings it didn't matter because launching a game used a different setting name. this is fixed now. if you used the global defaults you would have never noticed this.
- fixed using force progressive patch for nintendont. so when you select a 480p or pal480p video mode it actually turns on progressive mode. only works on certain games just like nintendont. tested on rampage total destruction and working.
- fixed led option for nintendont. seems the setting was there in game settings but was not used when launching a game.
- added skip IPL option per game. used to skip the GC or triforce BIOS if you have it installed. some games may not work with the BIOS so you can set this to skip it.
- added wiimote CC rumble option per game. this works only with wii CC or CCpro and will only make the wiimote vibrate in case you didn't know.
- auto set native control and led to off if on Wii U. they only work on Wii.
- WiiFlow Lite now always uses Nintendont Args config and only works with nintendont v3.358+.
- removed USB HID option since nintendont auto detects usb controllers since v3.304+

Download - https://sourceforge.net/projects/wiiflow-lite/files/WFL v4.4.0 r1132.rar/download

Carbonik Abz for WFL v4.4.0 r1132 - https://sourceforge.net/projects/wiiflow-lite/files/themes/Carbonik Abz WFL v1132.rar/download

Last edited by fledge68,

Now Do Kirk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using both wiiflow and wiiflow lite. I have a 5tb hard drive with a 1tb fat32 parition for gamecube games and a 3.5tb wtfs partition. Wiiflow saw both partitions and I was able to load wii games from the 3.5tb partition. I am using wiiflow lite for nintendont. Wiiflow lite does not see the larger partition. When I went back to wiiflow it would only see the 1tb portion. Any ideas why it would see it then stop?

Thanks

Last edited by Now Do Kirk,

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using both wiiflow and wiiflow lite. I have a 5tb hard drive with a 1tb fat32 parition for gamecube games and a 3.5tb wtfs partition. Wiiflow saw both partitions and I was able to load wii games from the 3.5tb partition. I am using wiiflow lite for nintendont. Wiiflow lite does not see the larger partition. When I went back to wiiflow it would only see the 1tb portion. Any ideas why it would see it then stop?

Thanks
wiiflow and wiiflow lite both share the same cache lists folder - dev:/wiiflow/cache/lists
but they use different config files - wiiflow uses wiiflow.ini and wiiflow lite uses wiiflow_lite.ini

for one thing the partition settings are kept in the respective config file. wiiflow lite does not see the larger partition - did you go to main settings and change the wii games partition? after doing so you should go to the home menu and click reload cache.

other info - when you run wiiflow lite or wiiflow they are designed to detect a new revision and if so it will delete your cache lists folder and recreate it.
so when you had wiiflow seeing both partitions and then you started wiiflow lite it deleted your wiiflow lists folder because they both share the same cache.

you should be able to just set the partitons in each app and then go to view wii games and then go to home menu to reload cache and you should be fine.

in wiiflow you will need to goto wii view and then select your partition on page 1 of main settings
in wiiflow lite you just need to goto main settings the partition settings and set wii games partition
but for both of them make sure you goto wii view before you goto home menu and select reload cache.

hope this helps.

ArgonUK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi fledge68,

Just install WiiFlow_Lite, keeping the R.1076 original wiiflow. Here is some feedback.

1. Same as the original WiiFlow, in your build

a. wiimote plus looses connection on the wiiflow launch from the channel;

b. sNeek2o is not supported - causes crash, if chosen exit to neek2o. I would suggest either add compatibility for sNeek2o, or specified uNeek2o, where referenced.
I am using sNeek2o, which works fine with UsbLoaderGX, simply becouse I would like to keep everything on my SD card. However, it would also be helpful for WiiU users.
I am not sure if I need to install wiiflow_lite channel in emunand for uNeek2o, though. Please advise. Sometimes, I have to use it to launch wiiware with .gct enabled (widescreen codes for n64 VC titles). UsbloaderGX doesn't support ocarina, if booted in Neek mode :(

2. Is there a way to enable coverflow / emuflow / brewflow in default.ini theme? I set up the cover flows for the vanila wiiflow on the default theme, but could not to make them work in the wiiflow_lite.

In general, I really liked all your changes, especially to GC section. I finally managed to download custom banners for GC games. I would consider switching to wiiflow_lite on permanent basis, if the default theme was supported. I spent some time editing the.ini file, hombre section, etc. and do not really want to start everything all over again. I will keep it, though :)

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi fledge68,

Just install WiiFlow_Lite, keeping the R.1076 original wiiflow. Here is some feedback.

1. Same as the original WiiFlow, in your build

a. wiimote plus looses connection on the wiiflow launch from the channel;

b. sNeek2o is not supported - causes crash, if chosen exit to neek2o. I would suggest either add compatibility for sNeek2o, or specified uNeek2o, where referenced.
I am using sNeek2o, which works fine with UsbLoaderGX, simply becouse I would like to keep everything on my SD card. However, it would also be helpful for WiiU users.
I am not sure if I need to install wiiflow_lite channel in emunand for uNeek2o, though. Please advise. Sometimes, I have to use it to launch wiiware with .gct enabled (widescreen codes for n64 VC titles). UsbloaderGX doesn't support ocarina, if booted in Neek mode :(

2. Is there a way to enable coverflow / emuflow / brewflow in default.ini theme? I set up the cover flows for the vanila wiiflow on the default theme, but could not to make them work in the wiiflow_lite.

In general, I really liked all your changes, especially to GC section. I finally managed to download custom banners for GC games. I would consider switching to wiiflow_lite on permanent basis, if the default theme was supported. I spent some time editing the.ini file, hombre section, etc. and do not really want to start everything all over again. I will keep it, though :)
quick reply.

1a. i have a wiimote plus and hadn't noticed that. i will look into it.
1b. I thought neek2o only works on USB. SD support was broken. unless you are talking about the old SNEEK and UNEEK. if you are talking about them I believe the emunand has to be on the root of the device and yes wiiflow lite does not support that. been thinking of fixing that but limited on time.

2. nope. emuflows are now just coverflows except the ones for snes9x covers and gba covers, those are now sideflow and shortflow. and brewflow is just coverflow unless you turn small box on then it uses smallflows. just download the default.ini from the themes folder on sourceforge and copy your flows to proper places and may need to change domain names and number of modes with your flows.

if you'd like you could even send me your default.ini and i'll modify it to work in wiiflow lite for you.

Last edited by fledge68,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neek2o r96 works on SD but not with just a /nand/ folder. It must be in /nands/whatever/ or it tries to use the root of the SD and goes berserk.

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neek2o r96 works on SD but not with just a /nand/ folder. It must be in /nands/whatever/ or it tries to use the root of the SD and goes berserk.
ok I didn't know that. i thought i read stuff in the neek2o thread that said it was broken. thanks for telling me. that shouldn't be too hard to fix in wiiflow lite.

ArgonUK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
quick reply.

1b. I thought neek2o only works on USB. SD support was broken. unless you are talking about the old SNEEK and UNEEK. if you are talking about them I believe the emunand has to be on the root of the device and yes wiiflow lite does not support that. been thinking of fixing that but limited on time.

2. nope. emuflows are now just coverflows except the ones for snes9x covers and gba covers, those are now sideflow and shortflow. and brewflow is just coverflow unless you turn small box on then it uses smallflows. just download the default.ini from the themes folder on sourceforge and copy your flows to proper places and may need to change domain names and number of modes with your flows.

if you'd like you could even send me your default.ini and i'll modify it to work in wiiflow lite for you.

Quick reply :)
1a. Thanks, it was bugging me for a while.
1b. GreyWolf answered that one. It would be nice to get it working.

Does anyone know, if compiled sNeek2o for Wii U works on regular wii? I didn't manage to find it to test myself. I found out that beta version of uNeek2o is more stable, then a regular version, so I was tempted to tested the leaked Wii U sneek2o to see if it is any better over the standard sNeek2o, available via ModMii.

2. I appreciate your offer! I will have a look myself first, but likely to ask you for some help, many thanks.

FEATURE request. If usb hdd is not plugged, it does take absolute ages for wiiflow to boot due to usb devices checks. Nindendont recent builds started to suffer from a similar issue. Would it be possible to add an option to disable start-up hdd check on wiiflow in settings, in the same way as it is achieved in USBLoaderGX?

Last edited by ArgonUK,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the Wii/vWii neek2o kernels are interchangeable. You can use the latest Wii neek2o on SD, I do. You just have to put the dump in "/nands/somename/". Make sure you delete the neek cache file in the nand folder if it exists if you move it between SD/USB.

ArgonUK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think the Wii/vWii neek2o kernels are interchangeable. You can use the latest Wii neek2o on SD, I do. You just have to put the dump in "/nands/somename/". Make sure you delete the neek cache file in the nand folder if it exists if you move it between SD/USB.

Thanks for letting me know about Wii U sNeek2o build.
I have been using standard sNeek2o on regular Wii so far. However, there is one bug I already reported: while trying to acees wii system save menu in neek mode, my PAL console freezes. This bug doesn't exist in uNeek2o Latest Beta. It doesn't bother me much, though, as I can extract saves using other tools. Convinience of using SD as a main storage is more important for me.
P.S. Offtopic - Please find a way of adding backups loading from SD feature to USBLoaderGX :D

Last edited by ArgonUK,

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last edited by Nomelas,

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
A big thanks to the dev for this. Decided to clean up my old Wii's and update everything as I was still using DiosMios and wanted some stream audio from Nintendont.
All working well after updating using SetMiiUp, Wiiflow Lite and Nintendont.
Your work is much appreciated Fledge!

Reactions: fledge68

ArgonUK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
quick reply.

Hi Fledge68,

I had a look at themes this weekend. I think I understood why it doesn't work for me:

In WiiFlow_Lite, I cannot switch cover flows with 1/2 buttons. I initially thought, that you disabled the feature, but the buttons are still specified in the help file. It looks it doesn't pick up the default.ini file from Themes_Lite folder. It does load carbonic-abz theme fine, but yet again, no coverflow switching. Have I put files in the correct folder "SD:/wiiflow/themes_lite"?

I attached my current default.ini and wiiflow.ini files for both WiiFlow_Lite and Wiiflow. I am eagering to understand how to switch the coverflows and how to match my WiiFlow themes settings with WiiFlow_lite.

Attachments

• WiiFlow_Default Theme adjustment.zip
    24.7 KB · Views: 230
Last edited by ArgonUK,

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Fledge68,

I had a look at themes this weekend. I think I understood why it doesn't work for me:

In WiiFlow_Lite, I cannot switch cover flows with 1/2 buttons. I initially thought, that you disabled the feature, but the buttons are still specified in the help file. It looks it doesn't pick up the default.ini file from Themes_Lite folder. It does load carbonic-abz theme fine, but yet again, no coverflow switching. Have I put files in the correct folder "SD:/wiiflow/themes_lite"?

I attached my current default.ini and wiiflow.ini files for both WiiFlow_Lite and Wiiflow. I am eagering to understand how to switch the coverflows and how to match my WiiFlow themes settings with WiiFlow_lite.
default.ini now goes in a coverflows folder in the themes_lite folder. sd:/wiiflow/themes_lite/coverflows/default.ini

Also can you try this boot.dol to see if emunand on SD works with sNeek2o. it does for me on a wii using sNeek2o r96. but for some reason launching wiiflow while in neek mode doesn't work.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/9qco18y72biw7q0/boot.dol

make sure you go to main settings then partition settings and set the emunand partition to SD.
then goto emunand settings and select the emunand you want. you may need to reload cache
select your game and in game settings select use neek2o on pg 4

the backtonand channel must be installed on emunand to exit back to real nand.

Last edited by fledge68,
Reactions: ArgonUK

ArgonUK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
default.ini now goes in a coverflows folder in the themes_lite folder. sd:/wiiflow/themes_lite/coverflows/default.ini

Also can you try this boot.dol to see if emunand on SD works with sNeek2o. it does for me on a wii using sNeek2o r96. but for some reason launching wiiflow while in neek mode doesn't work.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/9qco18y72biw7q0/boot.dol

make sure you go to main settings then partition settings and set the emunand partition to SD.
then goto emunand settings and select the emunand you want. you may need to reload cache
select your game and in game settings select use neek2o on pg 4

the backtonand channel must be installed on emunand to exit back to real nand.

Thanks, fledge68. Amazing progress - It is getting better! I did some testing today, here are my results:

1. Wiimote Plus loses connection on WiiFlow_Lite boot – No change. If I can assist with testing, please let me know.

2. Themes support:

The coverflows worked fine, once I put them in the correct folder. I cannot get used to the looks of the new coverflows, though. I have some favourite flows in the previously uploaded default.ini, though I am not sure if they are fully compatible with WiiFlow_Lite. Could you do me a favour and merge the coverflows from my file and WiiFlow_Lite default.ini, please?

Would it be possible to make these flows available for homebrew apps, too? At the moment, the coverflow in homebrew section cannot be switched.

For a future updates, could these themes be made compatible?
  • 8bit plygrnd-m
  • Miinecraft
  • Orchid

3. sNeek2o support:

It works! I did some testing, it definitely boots titles! What I noticed so far:

a. There is no support for ocarina codes in sNeek2o mode. Same bug exists in UsbLoaderGX and original WiiFlow. My workaround to boot N64 VC title with widescreen ocarina code, using original WiiFlow, was the following:

I. Using uNeek2o, boot title in Neek mode;
II. Exit the title (neek2o WiiFlow would boot);
III. Launch the title from neek2o with ocarina code correctly applied.

So, I wonder if it could be possible to launch title in Neek mode with ocarina codes applied in WiiFlow_Lite?

b. Secondly, would it be possible to launch WiiFlow_Lite in sNeek2o mode, without using USB? The only way to do it is incorporate WiiFlow_Lite .dol in the channel, since apps on SD:/ won’t be visible in sNeek2o mode. For the original WiiFlow I had to use two channels: hidden WiiFlow channel and a standard one. When in uNeek2o mode, original WiiFlow switches seamlessly between real and emulated nand. Could the same be achieved in WiiFlow_Lite sNeek2o mode?

Last edited by ArgonUK,

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ArgonUK

1. i didn't attempt to fix this. was merely focusing on sNeek2o support. I noticed you said it won't sync when launched from the forwarder channel, correct? does that mean if launched via HBC it works fine? also does it not sync when launching official wiiflow r1076 or is it just a wiiflow lite isssue?

2. i'd be happy to fix your themes. sorry didn't see you uploaded it. give me some time - say maybe a week or sooner?

3.a correct - there is no support for ocarina codes when booting a game using neek2o.
reason - when launching a game using neek2o wiiflow and usbloader gx both boot Neek2o with argsboot similar to nintendont. only the args choices are much fewer and they don't include cheats and cheat file path. they merely tell neek2o to boot and autolaunch said game. overjoy or someone would have to add more args support to neek2o to make cheats work.

you noticed that when you exited the game and launched wiiflow while in neek2o that the cheats work - that's because wiiflow launches the game as if you were using real nand which includes cheats.

for me wiiflow and wiiflow lite do not work in neek2o. they both crash on bootup. and i don't know why unless its because of my HDD or because i use force cios on boot. does wiiflow or wiiflow lite work for you in neek2o mode?
to try wiiflow lite you will need to use showmiiwads to install the wiiflow lite forwarder wad on your emunand. i recommend backing up your emunand and then deleting the wiiflow forwarder from your emunand before installing wiiflow lite forwarder to your emunand.

also - i have an idea on getting cheats to work but im not sure if it will work. here's my idea - wiiflow and wiiflow lite use a save file for some boot up info. when we launch a nand game with cheats we could put the game ID in the wiiflow save file and boot neek2o telling it to auto boot wiiflow which will load the save file and find the ID and auto boot the game with cheats. it would take a lot longer to boot the game but at least your cheats would work.

3.b not sure. try installing wiiflow lite to your emunand as mentioned above and see if it works. if so then i assume so.

ArgonUK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@ArgonUK

1. i didn't attempt to fix this. was merely focusing on sNeek2o support. I noticed you said it won't sync when launched from the forwarder channel, correct? does that mean if launched via HBC it works fine? also does it not sync when launching official wiiflow r1076 or is it just a wiiflow lite isssue?

2. i'd be happy to fix your themes. sorry didn't see you uploaded it. give me some time - say maybe a week or sooner?

3.a correct - there is no support for ocarina codes when booting a game using neek2o.
reason - when launching a game using neek2o wiiflow and usbloader gx both boot Neek2o with argsboot similar to nintendont. only the args choices are much fewer and they don't include cheats and cheat file path. they merely tell neek2o to boot and autolaunch said game. overjoy or someone would have to add more args support to neek2o to make cheats work.

you noticed that when you exited the game and launched wiiflow while in neek2o that the cheats work - that's because wiiflow launches the game as if you were using real nand which includes cheats.

for me wiiflow and wiiflow lite do not work in neek2o. they both crash on bootup. and i don't know why unless its because of my HDD or because i use force cios on boot. does wiiflow or wiiflow lite work for you in neek2o mode?
to try wiiflow lite you will need to use showmiiwads to install the wiiflow lite forwarder wad on your emunand. i recommend backing up your emunand and then deleting the wiiflow forwarder from your emunand before installing wiiflow lite forwarder to your emunand.

also - i have an idea on getting cheats to work but im not sure if it will work. here's my idea - wiiflow and wiiflow lite use a save file for some boot up info. when we launch a nand game with cheats we could put the game ID in the wiiflow save file and boot neek2o telling it to auto boot wiiflow which will load the save file and find the ID and auto boot the game with cheats. it would take a lot longer to boot the game but at least your cheats would work.

3.b not sure. try installing wiiflow lite to your emunand as mentioned above and see if it works. if so then i assume so.

1. Even if launched using homebrew launcher, a wiimote loses connection both in WiiFlow and WiiFlow_Lite. So, this issue is not common? I will try to launch wiiflow without any configuration files just to test it a bit more more.

Just in case, I put my syscheck info below:

SysCheck v2.3.1 HacksDen Edition
...runs on vIOS58 (rev 6176).
Region: PAL
System Menu 4.3E (v514)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 12.18.2008
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58
Hollywood v0x21
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: United Kingdom (110)
Boot2 v4
Found 86 titles.
Found 47 IOS on this console. 15 of them are stub.
IOS3 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6944): No Patches
IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS249[56] (rev 65535 Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 65535 Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10

2. No rush, I really appreciate your help. I think that the merged file will be useful to many other users as well, so they could chose the cover flows they like and edit out the rest.

3.a
It has been awhile since last revision of neek2o, so it's hard to say if the further updates will ever be released.

For me, Wiiflow boots fine from USB in uNeek2o. Again, I have WiiFlow hidden and regular channels installed in nand.

I will do some testing, though a few questions first?
Why are you suggesting to uninstall WiiFlow Channel (Regular?) from nand? It doesn't share same title ID, so I don't understand;
Should the WiiFlow hidden channel be kept in nand? Is there a WiiFlow_Lite alternative for a WiiFlow hidden channel?

Your idea about using save file is quite good - but could it be used on the selected titles only, when both ocarina and neek2o boot are selected? That way, titles that doesn't require cheats, would boot quick as usual in neek2o mode.

Regarding your Wiiflow crashes:
I. Please check your nand settings against my wiiflow.ini.
II. I think you maybe missing wiiflow hidden channel.

"Default-FIX94v14b-forwarder-DWFA.wad" - regular channel
"WiiFlowLoaderChannel v2 - WIIH.wad" - hidden channel

III. Also, if you are using uNeek2o, apps folder should be on SD card. Hope it helps.

3.b I will do some testing this week.

Last edited by ArgonUK,

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ArgonUK
the wiiflow hidden channel is nothing more than the same forwarder you use to launch wiiflow. and it's not used for wii games and nand games (vc/ww)
when you launch a plugin rom for example wiiflow puts a small app called a stub.bin in memory at a specific mem address. the HBC does the same thing and i believe USB Loader GX does. so the homebrew/plugin dev puts code in their app that checks for that stub.bin and if found their app will exit back to HBC else they go back system menu. in wiiflow that stub.bin checks for the hidden forwarder channel and runs it. the hidden channel then boots wiiflow.

wiiflow->app/plugin->stub.bin->hidden channel->wiiflow

the only difference from the regular forwarder channel is that the hidden channel sets an arg string to "emulator" but wiiflow does absolutely nothing with it. i guess Fix94 had plans to use it for something but changed his mind.
the only benefit to the hidden channel is in case you don't have the regular forwarder installed - such as you use priiloader to boot wiiflow on startup. or you like to launch wiiflow via the HBC.

wiiflow lite currently doesn't use the hidden channel. the stub.bin just boots the regular wiiflow lite forwarder.

wiiflow lite->app/plugin->wfl stub.bin->wiiflow lite forwarder->wiiflow lite

note the stub.bin is a mod of TinyLoad. a small 4k loader by marcan.
------------------------------------------------------------
you can leave the hidden channel and wiiflow channel on your emunand. i just had a little issue installing wiiflow lite forwarder when i had wiiflow channel installed. they are different ID's so it shouldn't cause a problem.
-------------------------------------------------------------
I have gotten wiiflow and wiiflow lite to work with Uneek2o but not yet with sneek2o.

Last edited by fledge68,

ArgonUK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@ArgonUK
the wiiflow hidden channel is nothing more than the same forwarder you use to launch wiiflow. and it's not used for wii games and nand games (vc/ww)
when you launch a plugin rom for example wiiflow puts a small app called a stub.bin in memory at a specific mem address. the HBC does the same thing and i believe USB Loader GX does. so the homebrew/plugin dev puts code in their app that checks for that stub.bin and if found their app will exit back to HBC else they go back system menu. in wiiflow that stub.bin checks for the hidden forwarder channel and runs it. the hidden channel then boots wiiflow.

wiiflow->app/plugin->stub.bin->hidden channel->wiiflow

the only difference from the regular forwarder channel is that the hidden channel sets an arg string to "emulator" but wiiflow does absolutely nothing with it. i guess Fix94 had plans to use it for something but changed his mind.
the only benefit to the hidden channel is in case you don't have the regular forwarder installed - such as you use priiloader to boot wiiflow on startup. or you like to launch wiiflow via the HBC.

wiiflow lite currently doesn't use the hidden channel. the stub.bin just boots the regular wiiflow lite forwarder.

wiiflow lite->app/plugin->wfl stub.bin->wiiflow lite forwarder->wiiflow lite

note the stub.bin is a mod of TinyLoad. a small 4k loader by marcan.
------------------------------------------------------------
you can leave the hidden channel and wiiflow channel on your emunand. i just had a little issue installing wiiflow lite forwarder when i had wiiflow channel installed. they are different ID's so it shouldn't cause a problem.
-------------------------------------------------------------
I have gotten wiiflow and wiiflow lite to work with Uneek2o but not yet with sneek2o.

Thanks for explanation, I had no clue about it before.

I did the testing:

- I had sNeek2o installed on SD,
- apps and wiiflow directories were copied from SD root to USB root, plugged in port 0.

I exited to sNeek2o using WiiFlow_Lite, which booted neek2o system menu.
Launching WiiFlow was not successful - I got error code on black screen and then wii froze.
Launching WiiFlow_Lite was semi-successful: WiiFlow_Lite displayed the wiiflow error "Could not locate Wiiflow app directory" on some generic wiiflow background and then I was able to return to Neek system menu.

Have you got the same error code?

Update:
I forgot to mention, that I was using Alternative WiiFlow_Lite channel, posted in this thread. I prefered it back then due to its white colour, as, in my opinion, it represents better the word "lite" in wiiflow_lite app. I can redo the testing with official channel, if it helps, though.

Last edited by ArgonUK,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"