WiiFlow Lite

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by fledge68, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Danimalzpwn3

Danimalzpwn3 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2019
    United States
    America
    At the moment I am experiencing a problem with updating to any wiiflow lite greaterthan v5.2.0. On 5.2.0 it works grea no problems at all, once I update the directory isnt being read off the SD card, it tries to read it off the USB. It doesnt even acknowledge that SD exists, It wont load themes, etc. I have tried a clean install on a new SD still same problem :( and if I try to run the main folder on USB it gives me a DSI code dump

Last edited by Danimalzpwn3, Nov 4, 2019
  2. Tetsuo Shima

Tetsuo Shima GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 29, 2008
    Italy
    Mine were in source_menu/backgrounds/rhapsodii shima/
    Now I moved them to source_menu/rhapsodii shima/backgrounds and they work

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Now I'm trying to do the same for the small_cover. Strangely some of them are not showing. And they're all from the wii tier.

fledge68 likes this.
  3. Danimalzpwn3

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2019
    United States
    America
    @Tetsuo Shima currently yout theme, the settings option overlaps with the help guide

4. Tetsuo Shima

Oct 29, 2008
    Italy
    @fledge68 I tried to help him, but couldn't find the issue. It appears that it cannot read the ROOT/wiiflow folder from SD.

5. fledge68
    OP

fledge68 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    yep we've been pm'ing ... strangely when he upgrades to any 5.3.0 beta's wiiflow can no longer mount his SD card. v5.2.0 SD card works fine.
    yet i don't recall ever messing with anything that would cause his SD card not to mount.
    so for now he will have to move everything to usb1 if he wants to use 5.3.0.

6. Tetsuo Shima

Oct 29, 2008
    Italy
    Thanks @Danimalzpwn3. I'm on 5.3.0 beta11 and it's not happening here. Which version are you using? I know Fledge is reworking the settings menu a little in recent revisions. When it will be ready for a new release, I will surely update my theme

7. Danimalzpwn3

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2019
    United States
    America
    @fledge68 and @Tetsuo Shima thank you for the support, it is a fix and it doesn’t ruin gameplay just I’ll convenient to be on usb but I’ll live! But I’m on beta 13, the settings button is off overlapping the first button, the help guide. Other than that it works like a charm! GAMEANDWATCH.png looks beautiful. Sega genesis isn’t showing up atm. As well as, how does the back.png look the one I sent? Hopeing to finish the last of the game and watch covers this week. I am debating if deleting all MAME, is it worth the hassle of setting up each core for each game?

8. fledge68
    OP

fledge68 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    You could always try a different brand sd card. What kind do currently use?

9. Danimalzpwn3

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2019
    United States
    America
    @fledge68 i had a 64gb sd sand disk, then I went back to my old 2gb Kingston, then one I forgot the brand but also 2gb. All fat 32, nine of them worked, all worked on v5.2.0 though

10. Tetsuo Shima

Oct 29, 2008
    Italy
    the games or the background? (or both?)
    It is good. I'm just waiting on that because back buttons may be subject to changes, too.
    Mame may be not easy to setup, but it's well worth the work. Expecially wiimpathy's mame2003+ cores.
    I was just about to post a compatibility list, compiled by @mastershoes and me to ease things up for users.

templar701 likes this.
  11. Danimalzpwn3

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2019
    United States
    America
    @Tetsuo Shima
    Just the background isnt showing up, the rest, atleast for me show up. Gameandwatch is beautiful :) EDIT: Disregard this, I found the GENISIS had to rename to GENPLUS ith magic to work
    Okay let me know on anything you might want help in, I'm pretty good at photoshop.
    This is my mame game list, would like to play them, but if not possible, then I'll probably just delete.
    Here is an edited NAND.jpg

Tetsuo Shima likes this.
  12. Tetsuo Shima

Oct 29, 2008
    Italy
    take a look here for mame;)
    Yeah I know, my Real Nand logo is not so great. What I like about it though, is that it features a picture of an actual wii nand chip.
    Your suggestion is surely appreciated.
    Maybe I will change it in the future, who knows, but I'm not planning to do it at the moment.

Danimalzpwn3 likes this.
  13. Danimalzpwn3

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2019
    United States
    America
    Thank you for the setup! And how do you create each different core? Meaning how do you set it up in Wii flow that they all appear in the same wiiflow library? Rather than 4 different libraries?

14. Tetsuo Shima

Oct 29, 2008
    Italy
    You can set up multiple magic numbers to your source menu ini's. They have to be comma separated. You can see examples in my theme's ini files.

Danimalzpwn3 likes this.
  15. Danimalzpwn3

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2019
    United States
    America
    Okay great thank you tetsuo, Ill reach out on the other thread, Hopefully it all comes out :)

alexander1970 likes this.
  16. Wiimpathy

Wiimpathy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 3, 2010
    France
    Here's a little update :

ScummVM plugin 18

- Sync with Github.

Same changes as before. Some new games are supported like Duckman etc... No idea if it's working here.

Source code

17. kimotori

kimotori GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2012
    Europa
    I don't want to use wbfs or fat32...​

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

first partition:
    apps for wii, gamecube games, scummvm game, and other apps...
    Second Partition: (no limited 4Gb... with journaling)
    only wbfs directory

no problem with other loaders (idem wiiflow4)

Last edited by kimotori, Nov 7, 2019
  18. KaiFun4Ever

KaiFun4Ever Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2019
    Malaysia
    Hi all. Im trying to run wiiware and virtual console games off my emunand on my sd card. It boot up with 'Dsi Exception Occurred' everytime. I have to restart my console after that. It boot up the games fine with neek2o though.

Im running d2x v10 r52 cios, slot 250 base 57 as default, extracted my own emunand via wiiflow and on 4.3u firmware. Games tested are World Of Goo and Super Mario 64. Solutions? It seems i have to rely on neek2o for now. Thanks.

19. Danimalzpwn3

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2019
    United States
    America
    Hmmm.... honestly I do not know much about the emu NAND. I would check out another thread for it. All I know is, each emu nand is specific if you have vwii or wii

Last edited by Danimalzpwn3, Nov 8, 2019
    KaiFun4Ever likes this.
  20. MrSW

MrSW Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2018
    Brunei
    Did you enable "boot with neek2o" (or something like that) in game settings option?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted