1. fledge68

OP fledge68 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    no changes. can anyone else confirm this?

2. Hakaisha

Hakaisha GBAtemp Regular

United States
    @MrSW , are you using the standard WFL 5.4.6? Or the latest ppc r36 WFL 5.4.6 that Fledge posted on the last page?

Also, have you reloaded cache first while viewing the problematic plugins coverflow? It could possibly be a rom directory issue, where all the currently cached covers are referring to a directory it currently can't find, and just exits to the Wii Menu.

So far, I've had no issues with plugins on the 5.4.6 standard release. I'll be testing out the latest libs release soon.

Last edited by Hakaisha, May 23, 2020
  3. MrSW

MrSW GBAtemp Regular

Brunei
    I did reload cache, yes. I am using the version from the Github linked in the first post, I assume it is the standard one.
    Plugins which simply look for a .dol file in the plugins folder work just fine. For example dolfile=wii7800.dol.

@Hakaisha do your plugins also set the dolpath from the root of the device? If they do, my only theory is that maybe the problem is due to me trying to use them from usb1? But it doesn't make much sense, since as I said they worked perfectly in 5.4.4

alexander1970 and Tetsuo Shima like this.
  4. RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I used @MrSW .dol path & got same result, sent to Wii menu. The usb1: is definitely the problem.

dolfile=apps/fceugx/boot.dol

^^This path works for root^^

Strange it was working before though, but not now.

5. MrSW

MrSW GBAtemp Regular

Brunei
    Without changing anything else I tried with different versions of WiiFlow
    -Tried 5.4.4 again and as expected, plugins work just fine
    -Tried 5.4.5 and same behaviour as 5.4.6, kicked out to the system menu. Therefore we can only conclude that the problem emerged in the 5.4.4 -> 5.4.5 changes.

As RunningSnakes said, removing the "usb1:" makes it work.

6. Hakaisha

Hakaisha GBAtemp Regular

United States
    @MrSW , I currently use the plugin pack that Fledge provided in Tetsuo's Plugin Quest thread, on my SD card.

I just tested out your usb1:/apps/fceugx/boot.dol line for the dol file and have achieved the same result you and @RunningSnakes are getting; when booting a game, it instantly does the "channel grid sweep* animation then loads up the System Menu.

Considering that your plugins do actually work when placed in the plugin folder, and we're all getting the same error using the USB1 path, this does seem suspect to be a dol directory issue.

7. RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm using the newer ppcr36 1824 release, so both releases have this issue. Wanted to make a note of that.

8. fledge68

United States
    Thanks all for testing. Its the crazy const char * issue that randomly happens in commits. Looks like there will be a 5.4.7.

9. Jate

Jate Member
    Newcomer

You were right, the covers had them in the wrong folder.
    Now it is go fine

Thanks!

fledge68, Hakaisha and alexander1970 like this.
  10. Warriorccc0

Warriorccc0 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I've been having some trouble with Wiiflow lately where it occasionally won't load images properly, resulting in boxcovers not loading and the source menu not loading buttons (looking like this when it should look like this).

It happens randomly after spending enough time on Wiiflow, especially after editing coverflows. I've tried loading Wiiflow on a different SD card and from USB and it still happens. This happens on both the latest release on github and the build that was posted on page 143.

11. fledge68

United States
    so ya, editing coverflow with the coverflow editor does have a memory issue. This has been pointed out to me and i have experienced it myself. I don't know what the issue is but it can cause the symptoms you've experienced.

I recommend limiting your time adjusting coverflows and when things start acting up to stop and restart wiiflow.

Edit: @Warriorccc0 i just noticed you are using a very old wiiflow 4 theme (black wii). This will also cause your problems as it isn't fully compatible with wiiflow 5 and the images have not been optimized. try using the default wiiflow or the rhapsodii themes.

Last edited by fledge68, May 25, 2020
  12. davejsp

davejsp Member
    Newcomer

Hi, just wante dto know exactly how exactly is the "trailers" feature on the latest wiiflow release since no one seems to mention it, was it dropped? Is it working? Was anything changed from old regular wiiflow versions?
    Also, the categories feature, Can they be customized per plugin or are they shared between all plugins?

13. AdamCatalyst

AdamCatalyst Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    I've had a minor intermittent issue with Wiiflow Lite. It seemed to have gone away forever, until I upgraded tp 5.4.6, and it is back… Namely, the mirror effect isn't properly offset, and is instead rendering right on top of the covers, rather than below them. It's certainly a liveable glitch, but if there is a way to fix it, I would love to know!

Hmmmm, I just noticed a second, possible related issue. I can no longer change between different cover flow view modes. Now there is only one. With the mirror image rendered on top of the regular box art.

Last edited by AdamCatalyst, May 26, 2020
  14. fishears

fishears fishears

Hi all.
    Haven't been using the wii for some years but I had priiloader booting wiiflow 4 as an installed file. All was fine. Then I found the new wiiflow 5 and now priiloader refuses to launch it. Its listed as "Wiiflow WFL" when I try to add it to priiloader but when I launch it I get a black screen. Launches fine from HBC and from the old Wiiflow 4 channel. Is there a known solution to this or should I get used to booting to the System Menu? ;)
    Thanks guys and thanks for all the awesome work on this.

krueger96 likes this.
  15. krueger96

krueger96 GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    That's funny, i had the exact same problem until today! Basically i was using wiiflow lite with the latest priiloader beta, after alot of trial and error i reverted back to the latest stable release of priiloader, now it works fine and can load wiiflow as an installed file. Which versions of priiloader and wiiflow sre you using?

fishears likes this.
  16. fishears

fishears fishears

Thanks for this. I'm using wiiflow 5.4.6 and priiloader 0.90.3, so yes, it's the latest beta. I've just gone back to the latest stable priiloader like you said and it all works. I noticed that the beta didn't say "AHBPROT detected" maybe that's the problem... Anyway thanks a lot for helping me out

Last edited by fishears, May 27, 2020 at 7:17 AM
    fledge68 and krueger96 like this.
  17. krueger96

krueger96 GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    You're welcome, yeah i read online the ahbprot thing is required to access the nand in order to load channels from usb loaders or something like that

fishears likes this.
  18. fledge68

United States
    trailers still work.
    select a game and press - (minus) on wiimote to view the games trialer vid if you have one installed in the proper folder. press minus or B to go back.
    more info here - https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-lite-game-trailers-database.552587/
    and here - https://sites.google.com/site/wiiflowiki4/trailers

categories are shared among all plugins.
    wiimpathy created a PC app called CreateCat that gets game info and creates categories for plugins.
    more info here - https://gbatemp.net/threads/createcat-pc-app-to-write-wiiflow-categories.554596/
    also check this wiiflow commit for more info - https://github.com/Fledge68/WiiFlow_Lite/commit/27cbbbf8c0ea1a809e5a2a94a11a8d8f7acc4bdc

not sure why its any different in v5.4.6.
    my logical guess is you are not using the coverflows default.ini provided in the v5.4.6 release download. sounds like you are using the internal settings that wiiflow uses when that file is missing. that would also explain why you can't change layout modes either.

davejsp and alexander1970 like this.
  19. Plstic

Plstic Guru Meditation Error

United States
    Could you add NoSSL in addition to the wiimfi patch in the loader?

20. fledge68

United States
    question for anyone using wii u vwii and wiiflow 5.

are you able to launch emunand wiiware games? for some reason it's not working for me.

@Plstic not sure I understand. you need an option to not use SSL? why? something to do with wiimfi patch?
    @blackb0x

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - WiiFlow,