Hacking WiiFlow Lite

SoulSpawn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all! Finally I made the move to Wiiflow Lite, everything configured now!!

Fledge68 thanks for the hard work to you and all the other members (wiimpathy, tetsuo, rhapsodii, and all the others!), that made this awesome launcher possible.

Just one thing left: when I go through the games it takes a bit to load covers. So I readed on the first page tha you could implement the wfc cache system

Quote: "possible new changes coming:
may change cover loader to only use the wfc cache files to display covers. and create seperate option in main settings to create all or missing wfc cache files which will go thru the list of games and show a progress bar similar to cover downloading. do this because when you add covers for games you have to go very slowly thru the covers to wait for each one to be made and display or sometimes it stops and stutters while making the new wfc file. once the wfc files are made it loads fast."

Can it be done from last release? I may have overlooked the option...

Hakaisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SoulSpawn , you may be experiencing the slow loading speed associated with using HQ Covers. Try turning off HQ Covers in Settings, if you haven't already.

If you have HQ Covers enabled, the cover quality looks a bit nicer, but loads much slower. It is especially apparent when you try to scroll through your games at a fast rate. As Matt said, WFC is already utilized for covers in WiiFlow in the manner you have mentioned. In the past, WiiFlow would slowly create the WFC files for new covers after reloading the cache on the Home Screen as you scrolled through them. Now, it displays a loading screen after selecting Reload Cache, and caches the WFC files before displaying CoverFlow again.

SoulSpawn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys! turning HQ Covers off made the trick!!

Still it takes time to enter on my MAME folder, could it be because I have a LOT of magic numbers on the source? (all MAME cores, FBA, NEOGEO, CPS1 and 2... etc).
It didn't happen with the old wiiflow.

MrSW

Trophies
XP
Country
Brunei
Thanks guys! turning HQ Covers off made the trick!!

Still it takes time to enter on my MAME folder, could it be because I have a LOT of magic numbers on the source? (all MAME cores, FBA, NEOGEO, CPS1 and 2... etc).
It didn't happen with the old wiiflow.
that happens when you have a magic number without a single game using it

Demetris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
@fledge68 connecting my wii classic controller when i am on the gui sometimes it crashes and gives a dsi crash that reboots wiiflow in 10 seconds

Sent from the Island of Venus

Demetris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
yes that does happen. not sure why. just make sure its connected before starting wiiflow.
It's a devkitpro issue. I had dsi crashes on standalone emulators too when they were compiled with my updated version but they weren't ready.
Any chance to try to use a newer version?
Theoretically after you fix the compile issues these bugs should be history

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a devkitpro issue. I had dsi crashes on standalone emulators too when they were compiled with my updated version but they weren't ready.
Any chance to try to use a newer version?
Theoretically after you fix the compile issues these bugs should be history

yes i have thought about updating to using the latest devkitppc and libogc. maybe someday soon or maybe not. :)

Reactions: matt! and Demetris

krueger96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i love wiiflow lite, i've been using it since last year on vwii and it works great. i i was trying the latest version yesterday, i did notice the blurriness as well, and also i added a couple of covers from gametdb on my sd card, in the previous versions they would be converted and displayed properly in the wiiflow menu, but since i i updated to the latest version they're displayed awkwardly. ii can't take a picture at the screen right now, but you jnow how the .png cover gets "folded" in wiiflow to show the front cover while you're browsing your games and then you see the whole thing, including the back cover, when you select a game? well, with the latest version the .png gets all stretched on the front and you don't get the intended effect. the covers that were converted in the previous versions still show up fine. i'm sorry if it's a bit confusing, if it's not clear i'll post pictures when i can, but i will not be at home for some days and i forgot to take pictures when i was trying it

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i love wiiflow lite, i've been using it since last year on vwii and it works great. i i was trying the latest version yesterday, i did notice the blurriness as well, and also i added a couple of covers from gametdb on my sd card, in the previous versions they would be converted and displayed properly in the wiiflow menu, but since i i updated to the latest version they're displayed awkwardly. ii can't take a picture at the screen right now, but you jnow how the .png cover gets "folded" in wiiflow to show the front cover while you're browsing your games and then you see the whole thing, including the back cover, when you select a game? well, with the latest version the .png gets all stretched on the front and you don't get the intended effect. the covers that were converted in the previous versions still show up fine. i'm sorry if it's a bit confusing, if it's not clear i'll post pictures when i can, but i will not be at home for some days and i forgot to take pictures when i was trying it
it sounds like you you added the gametdb covers manually. if so:
full covers go in wiiflow/boxcovers
front covers go in wiiflow/covers

if you put a front cover in wiiflow/boxcovers it will be stretched to fit all the way around from the front of the box to the back.

the burriness has been addressed and may be committed soon. in the mean time here's a replacement boot dol with the fix.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/i1h9mtu0p4gbiwf/wf5.4.1vidfix.zip/file

Reactions: krueger96

krueger96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
it sounds like you you added the gametdb covers manually. if so:
full covers go in wiiflow/boxcovers
front covers go in wiiflow/covers

if you put a front cover in wiiflow/boxcovers it will be stretched to fit all the way around from the front of the box to the back.

the burriness has been addressed and may be committed soon. in the mean time here's a replacement boot dol with the fix.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/i1h9mtu0p4gbiwf/wf5.4.1vidfix.zip/file
thank you! yeah i always add covers manually, i must have placed these in the wrong folder, that explains it

SoulSpawn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I've been using last plugin for BlueMSX by Wiimpathy, amazing in 240p display!!

This port is based on 1.0.3 version which unfortunately didn't allow 2p joystick support (there was a bug or something... even on PC).
But in Wii version 1.0.1 second joystick works. Pleasse Wiimpathy, could you compile a dol based on v1.0.1 ??

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I wish I could help but even forgot I've modified this one too. It's a shame nobody has reported this bug to the original author.
That happens with any controller, Wiimotes, Classic or GameCube pads?

Are you sure it's working well in 1.0.1? Maybe it has to do with the mapping he changed.

A lot of code is different in my branch and I don't remember on what it was based. A bit lost with the different branches/versions to be honest though.

SoulSpawn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes it happens on PC when you use similar controllers, for example two xbox one pads or two PS2 pads via adapter. If you use different controllers for P1 and P2 it works ok.

On wii I had 1.0.3 launched from hombrew channel and happened the same, but somebody in other forum realised that version 1.0.1 was working ok.I used two wiimotes properly.

So I was wondering if you could take version 1.0.1 and make it work with wiiflow (because taking that old 8 bit microcomputer games on a TV at real resolution is something incredible!!!)

Last edited by SoulSpawn,

Demetris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
@fledge68 I cant add any wad installed games to wiiflow. All my wads are moved to the sd card and wii memory is clean.
Any guides are appreciated

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by wads you actually mean channels. wiiflow and usb loader gx can not access channels moved to sd card. they must be installed on your nand or you must use a emu nand. i don't have time to explain an emu nand. but google and gbatemp is your friend, especially if you find info posted by cyan. he always gave great info about emu nands.

Reactions: Demetris

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Mj you are the father