1. templar701

templar701 Member
    Newcomer

No worries, in addition to tying a different backup loader, I would also try a different storage device with wiiflow, perhaps try loading them off the sd card to see if you get the same in-game freeze. This should help isolate what the issue is. Also try and use fresh verified game dumps - I find this tool useful for verifying game dumps - https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-ultimate-unscrubber.452110 - other tools here https://wit.wiimm.de/

DaNiElCoRe05 likes this.
  2. SpaceBeboy

SpaceBeboy Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for the suggestion! Turns out it was my version of nintendont that was acting up. I updated to using the official newest release instead of mastermod and it works like a charm so far.

3. JaernetStrongrogg

Newcomer

Sweden
    Good day everyone,
    so I'm giving away a soft modded wii to a friend for christmas and he wanted the HDD to be formatted NTFS because he wanted to use it with his computer as well.
    So, what I then did was to copy the wbfs folder with all the game backups from my FAT32 HDD in .wbfs format to his NTFS HDD and then plugged it in into the wii, started USB Loader GX and then saw that it didn't recognize the disc at all.
    However... When I then tried WiiFlow lite instead, it was able to read and launch game from the NTFS HDD.
    On my personal Wii where I use a FAT32 HDD I've never gotten it to work with the latest version of WiiFlow.. It's the opposite in fact, USB Loader GX works great but Wiiflow Lite doesn't recognize it at all..
    Could someone explain to me why this is? Is WiiFlow more keen on NTFS drives?
    Both me and my friend have the latest MyPassport by Western Digital, mine is 1Tb and his 2Tb.

[​IMG]

4. fledge68

OP fledge68 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Ntfs should work with usb loader gx. You must not have a setting set correctly.

Also, only wii games will work from ntfs. Gamecube, emunand, and emu's only work on fat32.

5. JaernetStrongrogg

Newcomer

Sweden
    Hmm, I see! I had a quick look through the USB Loader Gx settings and didn't find anything... I might look again.
    Nevertheless it's still bizarre that my personal FAT32 HDD didn't get recognized at all by WiiFlow Lite and I'm very sure that I went through the settings thoroughly to understand why it didn't detect the drive.

6. fledge68

OP fledge68 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    i recently bought that exact same drive (1tb) to use on my wii u vwii mode. I formatted it fat32.
    but wiiflow wouldn't recognize it unless i had it disconnected and didn't connect it until i was in vwii mode.

so I'm assuming since for you fat32 doesn't work but ntfs does. it must be because libfat doesn't like that drive and libntfs works with it.

7. DaNiElCoRe05

DaNiElCoRe05 Newbie
    Newcomer

Colombia
    hi, i test with another copy of Zelda SS and works like a charm. now i getting another copy of Metroid trilogy to test again.

thanks for your help, i really apreciate

Last edited by DaNiElCoRe05, Dec 17, 2019
  8. templar701

templar701 Member
    Newcomer

Ah that's good, no worries - did you try another copy of Zelda SS with the same code of SOUE01, or did you obtain one which had a different code (i.e. different region) ?

DaNiElCoRe05 likes this.
  9. Tico_ociT

Tico_ociT Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Hi, there!
    I would like to contribute to this wonderful project as a translator. I downloaded the help file from Github to mess around, as I'm not a coder myself. Editing the file in a raw text editor seemed a little awkward for me. Is there an easy way of doing translations at the moment?

I hope to contribute to the community soon!

Tico

10. Tetsuo Shima

Tetsuo Shima GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Italy
    Hi, I contributed for the italian translation. I don't know if there's a simpler way, I just edited the file with the text editor. But it's not so difficult, you just need to be careful not to delete special characters like %u %i \n etc..
    And to always test it to ensure the tranlsation is fitting (hard to tell what you are translating in a txt editor)

kimotori likes this.
  11. DaNiElCoRe05

DaNiElCoRe05 Newbie
    Newcomer

Colombia
    hi,
    hi, i downloaded Metroid trilogy and now Metroid prime.works but need to.test another 2 games into the trilogy.
    i download both games in the same region (USA) and works, i think the problem was a bad rip version on both games

really thanks for all the help.

templar701 likes this.
  12. Tico_ociT

Tico_ociT Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    This is the second time I play with translations. Before that, the help file was updated while I was working on the edition. So I had a difficult time finding which strings were changed. I tried to use a spreadsheet, but as I needed to insert lots of new fields, it took too long to edit.

Thanks for the hints about special characters. I'll pay attention to that.

Enough complaining! Let's work on it! :)

13. biggzsizzle

biggzsizzle Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey guys, just curious,.. is there still work being done on the next release??

and also, is the Carbonix theme working with the latest beta or do I have something missing from my files? The reason I say that is because I still have buttons overlapping on the Home button page.

14. EamonJaber

EamonJaber Member
    Newcomer

Ireland
    Hello everybody, I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could get the wiiflow theme orange?

alexander1970 likes this.
  15. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Maniac

France
    Last edited by jeannotte, Dec 20, 2019
    alexander1970 and EamonJaber like this.
  16. EamonJaber

EamonJaber Member
    Newcomer

Ireland
    alexander1970 likes this.
  17. Tetsuo Shima

Tetsuo Shima GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Italy
    Fledge is always actively working on WFL development, and I think a new release shouldn't be so far.

Currently, no themes are updated to work with the latest betas. Settings pages were added/modified, so you see overlapping buttons.
    If you're interested, I'm working on an update for Rhapsodii Shima, with support to all the latest features

biggzsizzle likes this.
  18. EamonJaber

EamonJaber Member
    Newcomer

Ireland
    Or the other place:(

Thank you!!!

MB79 likes this.
  19. biggzsizzle

biggzsizzle Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yes, of course! I'll be watching for that too, Thank you Sir!

20. fredco

fredco Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    I am running WiiFlow Lite like it should with Wii and Gamecube games. But before this I made the mistake of trying to get the PortablizeMii package up and running. It didn't work out like I thought, so I removed it. But not ALL of it. I'm still stuck with a Postloader that starts when I start my Wii. Not only it takes a long time, but it's annoying. It seems to reside WITHIN the Wii, because there is no SD card inserted and there's no software on the HDD. Any thoughts on how to remove this? Thanks!

Last edited by fredco, Dec 25, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - WiiFlow,