dfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,
try and keep this short n sweet hopefully someone can help
trying to get wiiflow running as a channel on my wii
have installed various forwarders but can only get one of them to work ( the one cream screen with brown wii flow and japanese writing on it) all the rest just reboot back to the system i would like to use one of the other forwarders i have tried looking on the net for an answer as to why the other forwarders dont work but havent had much luck in finding an answer, im thinking the dir structure must be correct to make the one forwarder work but why wont the rest load wiiflow? i am selecting the ios249 with the wad manager to install each time and it does not come up with any errors and installs ok, this has been bugging me for the last few weeks now , any help greatly appreciated
smile.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
First check that you have IOS58 installed (syscheck), or just reinstall it. IOS58 Installer.
New forwarder often use this IOS as a base to run.

Then, verify that your SD or USB path used by the forwarder is correctly created up to the boot.dol

You can also try launching Wiiflow directly from the Homebrew channel to see if the reboot problem is cause by the forwarder or by wiiflow itself.

dfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan said:
First check that you have IOS58 installed (syscheck), or just reinstall it. IOS58 Installer.
New forwarder often use this IOS as a base to run.

Then, verify that your SD or USB path used by the forwarder is correctly created up to the boot.dol

You can also try launching Wiiflow directly from the Homebrew channel to see if the reboot problem is cause by the forwarder or by wiiflow itself.

ok have tried reinstalling from the above , it downloads and then installation failed message appears (tried 3 times) however on this page where it downloads it is saying at bottom ios58 installed so i take it that file is already installed?
the wiiflow works fine from the hbc
smile.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok, so 58 is installed, and it works from HBC.

It leaves us with 2 possibilities :
- The forwarders is not working (did you try reinstalling it ?)
- Your boot.dol is not in the path checked by the forwarder. (check that it's correctly stored on the needed path, SD only? or USB too?, apps/wiiflow, apps/wii flow, apps/wii_flow, etc. (I don't know the correct path, but I guess it's apps/wiiflow/boot.dol))

You can also try a generic forwarder. It works by editing a config file on your SD card with the path to the boot.dol you want to forward
smile.gif

dfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan said:
ok, so 58 is installed, and it works from HBC.

It leaves us with 2 possibilities :
- The forwarders is not working (did you try reinstalling it ?)
- Your boot.dol is not in the path checked by the forwarder. (check that it's correctly stored on the needed path, SD only? or USB too?, apps/wiiflow, apps/wii flow, apps/wii_flow, etc. (I don't know the correct path, but I guess it's apps/wiiflow/boot.dol))

You can also try a generic forwarder. It works by editing a config file on your SD card with the path to the boot.dol you want to forward
smile.gif

yes have tried reinstalling forwarders still no luck, maybe it is path issue anyone can tell me correct paths for sd card and usb drive? or is there somewhere on net that gives details of the dir structure needed
smile.gif

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First install IOS236
IOS236

*hint* make sure to LIE!

Then the next time you install a WAD use ios 236.

Dr. Clipper said:
IOS236 is a patched version of IOS36 that makes installation of other IOSes easy, even if the other IOS slots are filled by stubs already. See the IOSes Explained page for more info.

Note: the network bug should hopefully now be fixed with the release of v5, but I have not been able to test as I am away from my Wii. Please try it out if you had problems.

How to install:

1. Remove all GameCube memory cards.
* This step is very important. Do not ignore it .
2. If your Wii is not connected to the Internet, copy IOS36-64-v3351.wad to sd:/
3. Unzip the IOS236 Installer zip file and copy the IOS236 directory and its contents to sd:/apps.
* You should now have an sd:/apps/IOS236/boot.dol file among others. It is important to also have sd:/apps/IOS236/meta.xml
4. Run IOS236 Installer from the Homebrew Channel.
5. Read the startup messages then press 1
6. If your Wii is connected to the Internet, choose "Download IOS from NUS" with the D-pad, otherwise choose "Load IOS from sd card"
7. Confirm your choice with the A button
8. When prompted, push A to continue the installation
9. Read about what Step 2 entails and push the appropriate button
* One would hope that you would be pushing 2 as this is a tutorial for non-pirates that want to use USB Loaders responsibly. If you actually want to play pirated games, then push 1 and follow any further instructions.
10. Push any button to exit when complete.

To update IOS236 to a newer version, just redo the installation steps.

FAQ

* The app says the patches were not properly applied. What's wrong?

o Make sure you have the latest version of the Homebrew Channel and that you included meta.xml when extraction the Installer zip file.

* There was a DSI error or Program Error with a lot of numbers

o If you don't have an Internet connection, or it is bad, you might get this. Do the offline install and push the buttons you need to push quickly.

* There was an error during my online installation. What's wrong?

o Sometimes, certain Internet connections won't work with the app. Try the offline install method instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...