wiiflow at my wits end help/pointers needed

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by dfatman, May 3, 2011.

May 3, 2011
  1. dfatman
    OP

Newcomer dfatman Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi all,
    try and keep this short n sweet hopefully someone can help
    trying to get wiiflow running as a channel on my wii
    have installed various forwarders but can only get one of them to work ( the one cream screen with brown wii flow and japanese writing on it) all the rest just reboot back to the system i would like to use one of the other forwarders i have tried looking on the net for an answer as to why the other forwarders dont work but havent had much luck in finding an answer, im thinking the dir structure must be correct to make the one forwarder work but why wont the rest load wiiflow? i am selecting the ios249 with the wad manager to install each time and it does not come up with any errors and installs ok, this has been bugging me for the last few weeks now , any help greatly appreciated [​IMG]

2. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    First check that you have IOS58 installed (syscheck), or just reinstall it. IOS58 Installer.
    New forwarder often use this IOS as a base to run.

Then, verify that your SD or USB path used by the forwarder is correctly created up to the boot.dol

You can also try launching Wiiflow directly from the Homebrew channel to see if the reboot problem is cause by the forwarder or by wiiflow itself.

3. dfatman
    OP

Newcomer dfatman Newbie

United Kingdom

ok have tried reinstalling from the above , it downloads and then installation failed message appears (tried 3 times) however on this page where it downloads it is saying at bottom ios58 installed so i take it that file is already installed?
    the wiiflow works fine from the hbc [​IMG]

4. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    ok, so 58 is installed, and it works from HBC.

It leaves us with 2 possibilities :
    - The forwarders is not working (did you try reinstalling it ?)
    - Your boot.dol is not in the path checked by the forwarder. (check that it's correctly stored on the needed path, SD only? or USB too?, apps/wiiflow, apps/wii flow, apps/wii_flow, etc. (I don't know the correct path, but I guess it's apps/wiiflow/boot.dol))

You can also try a generic forwarder. It works by editing a config file on your SD card with the path to the boot.dol you want to forward [​IMG]

5. dfatman
    OP

Newcomer dfatman Newbie

United Kingdom

yes have tried reinstalling forwarders still no luck, maybe it is path issue anyone can tell me correct paths for sd card and usb drive? or is there somewhere on net that gives details of the dir structure needed [​IMG]

6. dragonkid6

Member dragonkid6 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    First install IOS236
    IOS236

*hint* make sure to LIE!

Then the next time you install a WAD use ios 236.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

7. terminal_illness

Member terminal_illness Dark Hadou Master

Canada
    the forwarder on modmii works perfectly for any popular usb loader on sd or usb [​IMG]