Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
With the Nintendon't source code being released, anyone know if just replacing the boot.dol from the Windwaker version with the one from the googlecode page ( https://nintendont.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/loader/loader.dol ) is enough for WiiFlow to pick it up and use it?

I hadn't set up Windwaker, so I cobbled together a plugin.ini (Hex=DONT!) and, although everything was titled 'Game' Or 'Disc2', tried maybe 5 titles - none of them worked. It was late so i went to bed. Anyone tried just dropping the dol into their working windwaker installation, like Maxternal suggested?

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have a question. Is it possible to change the maximum number of pages that can be displayed in the Cheat Codes selection menu? When I download the .txt for Twilight Princess, it only displays the first 25 pages. Any help?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
can wii u run any emulators better than wii and can emulated games be played on the wii u controller screen?
I think the emulators run just as well and you can play any of them on the controller screen just the controller buttons don't work and you have to use a WiiMote.

Reactions: Th3-Blu3BoMb3r

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, I have a question. Is it possible to change the maximum number of pages that can be displayed in the Cheat Codes selection menu? When I download the .txt for Twilight Princess, it only displays the first 25 pages. Any help?
I know it is possible, a dev can do it, but most devs don't want to mess with the cheat system.

But damn...25 pages, that is a rediculous amount of cheats. :rofl2:

wiikey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all ive got a bit of spare time so thought id update the wii as its been a few months ( things have moved on again) but im having trouble with on the fly mios with quadforce my games are showing up but when booted they just turn the wii off ive got a clean mios and bc10 do i need to change these thanks

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Hi all ive got a bit of spare time so thought id update the wii as its been a few months ( things have moved on again) but im having trouble with on the fly mios with quadforce my games are showing up but when booted they just turn the wii off ive got a clean mios and bc10 do i need to change these thanks
you need mios wads in \wiiflow\mios folder
renamed as dm.wad dml.wad qfsd.wad qfusb.wad and mios.wad (you only need the ones you'll be using though)

wiikey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No just on Sd. Games are on usb I had this all working months ago when quadforce was installed as mios and games run from sd only.
My main question is what mios should be installed to start with

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No just on Sd. Games are on usb I had this all working months ago when quadforce was installed as mios and games run from sd only.
My main question is what mios should be installed to start with

if you have gamecube games on USB and QF games on SD, I don't think that works. They need to all be on one device, USB or SD.

wiikey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Think it must be a HDD problem as everything is working on sd setup but when i switch to a USB HDD setup the wii shuts down when game selected

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
that's what mine are and they still boot dios mios

then you might need to update your forwarder channel or homebrew channel. Wiiflow needs AHBPROT disabled to install wads cause I use a different method to handle wads than a wad manager does which doesnt require any cIOS.

Reactions: mike1

xxkenohxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way that we'll see Wii U Pro controller support for Wii games for Wii flow on vWii on Wii U?

Since devolution r200 has this for gamecube games I don't see why wii games cannot have this added compatibility. This would be perfect for Brawl and Project M in particular.

Reactions: MassiveRican

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1