Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please excuse my ignorance (it's not like you haven't before!) , but what kind of titles are you talking about?
He means Wiiware and VC games, etc.

The views I am referring to is when WiiFlow displays any box/game in a carousel format vs. being abl to switch views to multiple rows... stacked rows.... etc. etc. I seem to be lacking the ability to adjust how WiiFlow shows off all/any games at all.
Yes, you need the default.ini file in your settings folder, or a theme that has multiple flow layouts. Otherwise you only get the basic one.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just installed wiiflow on vWii. Some games are loading fine, others like Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy etc are getting the black screen freeze, then going back to the wii menu screen.

How do i solve this?
what version of wiiflow?

try using the default theme.

but if you have the latest 4.2 then themes shouldn't matter. but just in case try the default theme. if that doesn't work try going into startup settings and changing force cios on or off.

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
He means Wiiware and VC games, etc.
Thanks for the reply - I meant more specifically! :D
I had an idea
BlueDump mod has added the ability to dump content.bin files (channels the system menu or shop channel has stored to the SD card) to WAD's.
http://code.google.com/p/bluedump-mod/source/detail?r=13

It seems very possible to me that you could use that code to just extract those titles to emuNAND and then run them from there (if it could just be loaded into memory and run directly, even better but I'll keep it realistic.) It would be really nice to be able to add them to the existing [NAND] coverflows

:D

EDIT : it would also be good to offer to extract the game save from realNAND on a first-time extraction of the title ... just a thought.

I'll probably drop a GoogleCode feature request in while I'm at it.
Although, giving it another read (or two!), it's a method for launching copies of realnand software from emunand.
Would it be simpler to just show the covers next to one another in a two source multiflow - and have wiiflow launch the relevant nand.
Similarly, you could have the TriiForce and GameCube titles in the same 'flow.
Right?

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply - I meant more specifically! :D

Although, giving it another read (or two!), it's a method for launching copies of realnand software from emunand.
Would it be simpler to just show the covers next to one another in a two source multiflow - and have wiiflow launch the relevant nand.
Similarly, you could have the TriiForce and GameCube titles in the same 'flow.
Right?
Sort of. It's "real NAND" software, but on an SD card via the system menu's method.

I dunno if I'd ever use a flow for those, but an option to browse end install them to emu NAND would have been useful before I made wads of all my crap.

Reactions: spacepimp

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I'm still trying to wrap my head around this pesky little bug. Upon creating a new ini, the plugins won't remember their paths. If I open the ini and manually set it, it stays. Could someone else please test this?

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I'm still trying to my head around this pesky little bug. Upon creating a new ini, the plugins won't remember their paths. If I open the ini and manually set it, it stays. Could someone else please test this?
just checked its not working. looking into a possible reason why, believe its in the source menu code when you choose a plugin source

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just checked its not working. looking into a possible reason why, believe its in the source menu code when you choose a plugin source

Idea: Would it be possible to view something like a plugin ini with the browser and then set rom and cover paths from within wiiflow?

apieandpint

Trophies
XP
Country
what version of wiiflow?

try using the default theme.

but if you have the latest 4.2 then themes shouldn't matter. but just in case try the default theme. if that doesn't work try going into startup settings and changing force cios on or off.

I'm using wiiflow 4.1

It's currently running the default theme. I've had a look in the settings and there doesn't seem to an option to change the force cios on or off.

I followed the guide below when installing.

[url]https://sites.google.com/site/wiiflowiki4/installing-wiiflow[/url]

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idea: Would it be possible to view something like a plugin ini with the browser and then set rom and cover paths from within wiiflow?

checkout r1008 - fixed it!

I'm using wiiflow 4.1

It's currently running the default theme. I've had a look in the settings and there doesn't seem to an option to change the force cios on or off.

I followed the guide below when installing.

https://sites.google.com/site/wiiflowiki4/installing-wiiflow
you really need to update to 4.2 - try the download links on that wiki page or Abz's pack

painless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
flamepanther said:
Yes, you need the default.ini file in your settings folder, or a theme that has multiple flow layouts. Otherwise you only get the basic one.
Sorry for asking as I should know this but the settings folder to which you are referring to is located.... where exactly please? Are you referring to ROOT>wiiflow>themes default.ini ?

Again, thank you so much for your kindness and patience here.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I'll no longer make a separate Theme ini for full HomeBrew covers.
Since rev1004 (Thanks to Fledge68) Wiiflow can automatically display the HB full covers using coverflows when this option is enabled in wiiflow.ini

By default WF uses smallcovers

[HOMEBREW]
smallbox=yes

So just change that line to "no" and you'll get this:
vierfG8.jpg

5CJEDdI.jpg

P.S. Download the full covers from here: http://s414.photobucket.com/user/chicore96/library/Wiiflow Homebrew Covers Full HQ?sort=3&page=1
Thanks MasterShoes for the full covers

painless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, after spending much of the day making sure all my covers are named the same as my rom's (related to this problem?) and making certain that all my *ini files are in order, I still am stuck with the default wiiflow box view no matter what keys I press on the wiimote.... I have been pressing 1/2=Previous/next coverflow mode on my Wiimote but this is not working for me. I think this may be the source of my troubles.

wii-flow-global.png

I have tried loading WiiFlow with the forwarder channel as provided by another extremely popular WiiHack(ing) web site from the Mod Any Wii guide (familiar with that one?) as well as loading WiiFlow from the homebrew channel making sure that the homebrew channel is loading from my SD card. I dont know what to do now.

My WiiFlow version is 4.2-r440
IOS58 v61 76
Tried reloading the cache (home+B)

painless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ SmokeyTheDog- When I try to change the theme from default to the one you just posted, WiiFlow wont show any choices. Click forward or back arrows and nothing, DEFAULT stays as a static choice. Again, I have tried accessing Wiiflow via my channel launcher as well as from the HB channel... doesnt seem to matter :( Also tried purging the cache again... any other ideas?

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
@ SmokeyTheDog- When I try to change the theme from default to the one you just posted, WiiFlow wont show any choices. Click forward or back arrows and nothing, DEFAULT stays as a static choice. Again, I have tried accessing Wiiflow via my channel launcher as well as from the HB channel... doesnt seem to matter :( Also tried purging the cache again... any other ideas?

You could put an apps/wiiflow folder on your usb drive, (you could just copy Abz's master pack to the root) and rename the SD card apps/wiiflow folder to wiiflow.old.
If the channel launcher doesn't find apps/wiiflow on your SD, it looks on your USB.

You can also get the homebrew channel to load apps from USB - the menu under the '1' button (I think?), or just taking your SD card out.

If you're using a very old channel launcher ( 'forwarder'), maybe get a new one - there's a couple of choices under the spoiler in my signature.

Reactions: MassiveRican

halen

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a question: is it possible to have 2 HDD´s working in wiiflow? I want to put one HDD with 1 Tera in usb 1 with gamecube games and homebrews and another HDD with 3 TB in usb 2 with wii games. is it working?

Reactions: spacepimp

painless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spacepimp: Brilliant idea m8. Cheers for the reply. Ill give that a shot a little later today and report on what happens.

Do you think this could have something to do with my boot.dol file?

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
spacepimp: Brilliant idea m8. Cheers for the reply. Ill give that a shot a little later today and report on what happens.

Do you think this could have something to do with my boot.dol file?

Not your boot.dol, no. Doing it the way I've suggested will rebuild your setup independently of your current setup - if it works you can just copy the covers etc. across from your SD card (or vice versa).
If you want to try a newer release of the boot.dol than the one in Abz's pack, go back through the last couple of pages of this thread and look for anything higher than r1000 - I've posted one r1004, although it has a wait animation mod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F