Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

ryujose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Put game1.iso (or whatever you want to name it, Devolution is intelligent enough to scan the .iso and know its disc 2) in /games -not /game and it will load them fine (may have to hit eject on your console when its trying to load disc 2 (or asks to load disc 2.) If the loader (Wiiflow) doesn't define where the .iso are located, Devolution defaults to /games ..

I just set mine up this way /games has all my games with subfolders i.e, usb1:/games/Killer 7 [GK7E08] contains killer 7 disc 1 labeled game.iso , disc two is labeled usb1:/games/killer7-disc2.iso and this loads them fine. I do however have to hit eject to go from disc 1 to disc 2, I'm hoping if tueidj adds Wii controller support or possible keyboard support he will have a shortcut / key map to the eject call also.

Just tested 2 disc game with both games named game.iso and gam1.iso located in sub dir like this usb1:/games/Killer7 and runs fine with Wiiflow (when I have an sd card inserted that is;) ) as I can't run devo through wiiflow w/o SD card in machine. Devolution will still default out and look to /games if it isn't found within sub dir.

I haven't gotten to the part where I need to switch but, when I do get to the end, when exactly do i hit eject?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is vexing me. how do i get wiiflow to see the triforce games?

i followed abz guide i extracted with discex, renamed the iso with a hex editor, have them on sd:/games/ggpe01 (and ggpe02, also fzero ax is there) and the plugin is checked in the source menu. i installed quadforce to my emunand on usb. i cannot boot into neek2o, it never reliably works for me. im stumped. even if they don't boot i just want them to at least show up in wiiflow!

Reactions: Maxternal

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country

i followed abz guide i extracted with discex, renamed the iso with a hex editor, have them on sd:/games/ggpe01 (and ggpe02, also fzero ax is there) and the plugin is checked in the source menu. i installed quadforce to my emunand on usb. i cannot boot into neek2o, it never reliably works for me. im stumped. even if they don't boot i just want them to at least show up in wiiflow!
the plugin assumes you have quadforce installed on real NAND (unless you're running WiiFlow FROM neek2o) it also can't actually see the games themselves. It uses dummy files in the plugin's "rompath" whose filenames start with the gameID so the plugin will know which game to start and so they'll show up.

if you set the gamecube partition to SD they should show up there and if you have quadforce on real NAND it will run them from there. You could also install Abz's quadforce forwarder channels to either real or emu NAND (wherever you have quadforce installed) and open it that way from WiiFlow.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country

If you are using my pack as is then you have the Triforce icon in source menu on last page, I've already made the dummy files for GP games in addition to covers (also added Fzero-AX recently to extracted pack - will be added later to 7z pack when I update it).
So go to this plugin and select the partition (same as your Wiiflow folder)
The games covers should show up even if you don't have them.
now make sure the iso are in sd\games\ folder and launch the game press "B" as soon as the game launches (DM-booter that is) as select New 2.1+ as your boot method (do this just once since it will be saved).
now there is 2 options:
if you are in real mode you need QF2.0 wad installed as mios)
if you use uneek2o (96 is recommended not latest beta) then have the QF2.0 0000008.app file extracted into your nand and replace the existing.

if everything is fine the game should run every time :)

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats where im going wrong. i was assuming wiiflow would boot these titles in neek2o mode like it can for wii games.

damn neek2o never boots for me. im trying now with clean EVERYTHING and i doubt its going to work. but that would be cool if i can.

the next issue is how i get to wiiflow from neek2o, ill be using the usb variant, i suppose ill need a forwarder channel? im not too informed on neek2o since it always fails on me i don't keep up.

is it possible to use sd mode for neek2o and boot these titles?

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to get GameCube games to work under WiiFlow.

I downloaded the DIOSMIOS_2.9.wad and associated files and installed the wad.

I installed a couple of GC games to the games folder on my 2TB USB drive - single FAT 32 partition with 32K formatting. I used the DMToolbox app and copied the image raw.

I setup the source menu to see GC disks and it correctly downloads the covers very nicely.

But when I try running the games the system freezes up. I checked and the games are listed on the compatibility list as working.

If I try running them from HBC using the DIOS-MIOS Booter it shows:

DIOS-MIOS BOOTER SNV r30 by FIX94
DIOS-MIOS Built: Apr 5 2013 18:29:35

When I press - to switch devices it shows the games it shows the games correctly so it looks like it it working but when I select/run it the system freezes with a black screen, just like trying to run it from WiiFlow.

I would love to get it working under WiiFlow and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

edit: Forgot to mention that I do have a game disc inserted into the Wii before I start play but it's a regular Wii game. Does it need to be a GC disc?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Alright everyone, I've made some minor bug fixes and enhancements to the
SOURCE MENU EDITOR
(new users, click to see same old screen shot)

here's the download for anyone interested
http://www.mediafire.com/?5v19j5v5xfu1e11

improvements
- when switching between plugin filenames and plugin display names it will stay on the same item on the list.
- when closing the window it will only ask you to save if changes have been made.
- the display doesn't screw up when you select a button with a whole lot of magic numbers assigned to it.
- fixed the bug where if you pushed the "add plugin" button it wouldn't immediately update the displayed tooltip with the list of assigned plugin names.
- I've included it as a JAR file and not a CLASS file for better compatibility. (Thanks [user]MassiveRican[/user] for bringing that to my attention.)
- As mentioned before, I've added a couple of optional script files hoping it will make it easier for Mac and Linux users.

(These aren't like HUGE NEW FEATURES or anything but improvement is good.)

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No disc required for DM
go to settings and select DM per game setting that is
or delete devolution loader
also make sure you have bc6 on board
Ok, no disc... thanks.

I just installed BC-NUS-v6.wad but it does the exact same thing.

I checked the game setting and set the GameCube Loader to DIOS-MIOS but it does the same thing - black screens when you run a game.

Same for when loading it via HBC and the DIOS-MIOS Booter.

This was a virgin system that didn't have any GC stuff installed.

I never had devolution installed.

It must be something simple that I missed but in the guides I thought I just needed the DIOSMIOS_2.9.wad installed. I didn't see instructions for BC6.

Any other thoughts?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Ok, no disc... thanks.

I just installed BC-NUS-v6.wad but it does the exact same thing.

I checked the game setting and set the GameCube Loader to DIOS-MIOS but it does the same thing - black screens when you run a game.

Same for when loading it via HBC and the DIOS-MIOS Booter.

This was a virgin system that didn't have any GC stuff installed.

I never had devolution installed.

It must be something simple that I missed but in the guides I thought I just needed the DIOSMIOS_2.9.wad installed. I didn't see instructions for BC6.

Any other thoughts?
When you say it freezes at a black screen, do you see a splash screen like this first
logo

or does it just go black right away?

If it doesn't even get to that screen you might just have one of those random drives that doesn't play nice with Dios Mios. In that case I'd suggest trying with another USB drive, even if it's just a little flash drive for a test. If switching the drive out helps, feel free to report your drives in the thread at the lower right of my sig.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you say it freezes at a black screen, do you see a splash screen like this first
logo

or does it just go black right away?

If it doesn't even get to that screen you might just have one of those random drives that doesn't play nice with Dios Mios. In that case I'd suggest trying with another USB drive, even if it's just a little flash drive for a test. If switching the drive out helps, feel free to report your drives in the thread at the lower right of my sig.

Yeah, I didn't even get to the logo.

I switched to a USB powered portable 500GB WD and it works now, thanks. Weird that my wall powered 2TB Seagate doesn't work :( I'll try it with my 3TB drive tomorrow.

Since I am just getting into GC emulation is there a way to exit GC mode and re-run WiiFlow? Or do you have to restart the Wii to run a different game? I found <R><Z><Start> reboots the Wii but is there a way to return to WiiFlow so you can select a new game?

This is pretty cool, especially with the auto-cover download... I'm going to load up on GC games now :)

edit: Will not work on my 3TB Seagate either. Bummer, I don't have enough room on the 500GB drive to hold my Wii and GC games.

Is anyone working on greater drive compatibility? Neither of my Seagates work but my WD does. BTW - I updated your drive compatibility list.

Blunttman

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi sorry I'm complete scrub with this, I've done a bit of reading but still not sure.

I've installed homebrew channel, have wiiflow installed via that.

Formatted USB HDD to NTFS, have a folder titled ISO with an ISO in it, I have it plugged into the right usb port (when looking from the back of the wii) and I get a disk_wait failed error

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi sorry I'm complete scrub with this, I've done a bit of reading but still not sure.

Formatted USB HDD to NTFS, have a folder titled ISO with an ISO in it, I have it plugged into the right usb port (when looking from the back of the wii) and I get a disk_wait failed error
Think your best bet is to have a good look through the FAQs on here, notably the beginners guide using a usb hdd, installing the various ios files and figuring out how to setup your folders properly - there's possibly an awful lot you've missed out on doing there....
Method D, after the homebrew install bit of course from HERE is a good start ;)

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Did you install any cIOS?

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country

ModMii FTW homie. D/load it, install it, use it! Follow directions Wii will be happily hacked running your fave USB loader.

Blunttman

Trophies
XP
Country
Think your best bet is to have a good look through the FAQs on here, notably the beginners guide using a usb hdd, installing the various ios files and figuring out how to setup your folders properly - there's possibly an awful lot you've missed out on doing there....
Method D, after the homebrew install bit of course from HERE is a good start ;)

Thanks for the link I'll have a read.

Did you install any cIOS?

I don't think I did, I've been doing reading on what cIOS is the last few days just trying to get my head around it all, I don't really want to jump right in installing everything left right and center just incase I screw something up. I do believe I need to install the cIOS tho.

ModMii FTW homie. D/load it, install it, use it! Follow directions Wii will be happily hacked running your fave USB loader.

I'll have a look, thanks for the reply!

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I didn't even get to the logo.

I switched to a USB powered portable 500GB WD and it works now, thanks. Weird that my wall powered 2TB Seagate doesn't work :( I'll try it with my 3TB drive tomorrow.

Since I am just getting into GC emulation is there a way to exit GC mode and re-run WiiFlow? Or do you have to restart the Wii to run a different game? I found <R><Z><Start> reboots the Wii but is there a way to return to WiiFlow so you can select a new game?

This is pretty cool, especially with the auto-cover download... I'm going to load up on GC games now :)

edit: Will not work on my 3TB Seagate either. Bummer, I don't have enough room on the 500GB drive to hold my Wii and GC games.

Is anyone working on greater drive compatibility? Neither of my Seagates work but my WD does. BTW - I updated your drive compatibility list.

I think crediar works in spurts on it. seagates have given me issues in the past, i stick with wd/samsung for my own. ive got a seagate usb powered external that i've swapped drives in and out of and the results are hit and miss. sometimes the hdd works great others (like now) it doesn't even want to turn on when the wii starts.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think crediar works in spurts on it. seagates have given me issues in the past, i stick with wd/samsung for my own. ive got a seagate usb powered external that i've swapped drives in and out of and the results are hit and miss. sometimes the hdd works great others (like now) it doesn't even want to turn on when the wii starts.
Darn, wish it worked better with the Seagates. I have so many Wii and other games I'm going to need to bump from my 3TB to a 4TB drive by the time I finish downloading all of the GameCube games.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Darn, wish it worked better with the Seagates. I have so many Wii and other games I'm going to need to bump from my 3TB to a 4TB drive by the time I finish downloading all of the GameCube games.
the biggest HDD that will work would be be 2tb because in order to make them bigger they needed abigger sector size

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land