Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Thanks Fix94 for fixing the coverflow loader and Fledge68 for fixing all the source menu bugs, all is working perfectly now. back on track :)

While testing 855 I removed the "Allplugins" function from the "All Plugins" button and replaced it by all magic numbers for the 30 available plugin dols, the positive here is that I got rid of many duplicate games that show up when the advanced source menu is used.
856 fixed the "Allplugins" function but from now on I'll use all the magics for that button since it's more practical.
P.S. I found that the max number of covers that the memory (mem2) can handle in WF is between 8900 to 9200 covers anything more than this will cause reloading of last view instead of showing all plugins, so keep this number in mind when setting up the plugins given that WF can count your games now :).

Only a dozen plugins still not available: MSX, DosBox, Mame, Atari ST, Intellivision, NeoGeoCD, O2EM, Vectrex, Atari7800, Apple2, Colecovision, Amstrad and AtariXL
If anyone knows if these has argument support let us know and we'll add them to Wiiflow

Abz

wiimanofthenorth

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having a few problems with the scummvm plugin. (Please note that the scummvm 1.5.0 Jul 21 16:51:13 standalone version of scummvm works fine, and doesn't have the following problems. The scummvm plugin seems to be 1.5 Jul 2 not Jul 21)

When I try and load LOOM CD (That is ripped and placed on the HDD) version through the scummvm plugin, I have the following problems.

1) LOOM CD does load, but I have no cursor. I can bring up a cursor if I press 1 on the wiimote, cancel and go back to the game. Then I can start to play.

2) From the moment the LOOM CD loads, there is no audio at all and one never hears anything.

3) When I quit out of scummvm plugin to go back to wiiflow, the wii seems to be put in a loop of trying to load wiiflow but never does. So a cold boot has to be done every time to get back to the Wii menu. This has also meant though that even though the Wii menu has loaded after a cold boot of the wii and the HDD (The HDD seems to get locked out?), a couple of times I've had to mess about and re-install wiiflow because something has been damaged, even though I've waited 10s with the wii off before turning the HDD off.

I have other games (floppy and/or CD versions) that are suppose to work under scummvm, and I can test those too if needed.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Only a dozen plugins still not available: MSX, DosBox, Mame, Atari ST, Intellivision, NeoGeoCD, O2EM, Vectrex, Atari7800, Apple2, Colecovision, Amstrad and AtariXL
I'll have to look when I get a little bit of time. The problem is most of those that are left don't have googlecode pages so I'd have to download the code and look through it manually, no easy search option on the internet.

Reactions: mike1

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fix94 - I think I found a bug in r863 and several earlier versions.

If I startup on my 2TB system that has 1186 Wii games and use the b <right/left softbotton> to quickly scroll alphabetically a few letters up or down the cover image changes to 'Loading...' and doesn't come back. If I try to switch coverflows with the 1 or 2 key or go into a game by pressing A it freezes and doesn't come back. No code dump, just a freeze.

I've checked my drive, it has no directory errors and have had the same results over and over again.

In know in the past a delay in loading the games happened when you were scrolling ahead quickly but it usually caught up eventually, now it is just hanging.

I know you've been working on the coverflow loader and wanted you to be aware of the problem.

Thanks for all your hard work!

edit - Just checked and r849 works fine so I think it must be something added after that.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check every single version after that, I need to know _exactly_ which one broke it.
Working on that now...

Edit - works fine in r860 and starts failing in r861. Same problem in 862 and 863. Scroll ahead quickly and it stops loading cover images and if you go into a game it freezes.

I am heading out to dinner and a movie and will be back in a few hours.

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there somewhere else I should go to ask questions? Just trying to figure out why exactly I no longer have the option to launch wii games using neek2o. I used to be able to, but then everything got messed up while trying to fix my plugins for GBC emulation. Since I never got a response in here I just started over from scratch. Now everything works but I no longer see neek2o in the game settings option. It's there for channels, but not wii games. Now, I've got a ton of versions of wiiflow, but none of them have the option. Is there a specific version of wiiflow with that option? Do I need to start over again? Should I be looking at my neek2o setup, and redo that? Any help would be greatly appreciated, and also save me a lot of trouble-shooting time. I understand you guys are busy, so thanks ahead of time.

corrupted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When trying to play Zelda Skyward Sword I get a black screen after the calibrating motion plus. Currently using latest version of wiiflow, d2x v8 final. It loads fine when I loading the game save from the wii's nand, but when you try loading the game save from the hard drive "emunand" it just freezes.

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@squablo there is no option to launch Wii games with neek2o just channels

@ corrupted that game doesn't work with emunand saves
I had a version that DID have it. I launched Black Ops with it......I know I'm not crazy. A mod of some sort perhaps?

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a version that DID have it. I launched Black Ops with it......I know I'm not crazy. A mod of some sort perhaps?
wii games launch just fine without neek2o why would you need to launch it using neek2o. some wiiware/vc games don't launch with d2x cios so you have to use neek2o's emunand to launch them.

if you want you can exit wiiflow to neek2o and then launch your game but that would really just be extra unneeded work.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
When trying to play Zelda Skyward Sword I get a black screen after the calibrating motion plus. Currently using latest version of wiiflow, d2x v8 final. It loads fine when I loading the game save from the wii's nand, but when you try loading the game save from the hard drive "emunand" it just freezes.
Yep same thing here, I'm pretty sure he's aware, he's working on memory as usual and Coverflow from what I can see, probably a whole bunch of things to from the progress I seen the past few days on the SVN.

IIRC 4.0.2 had no e-NAND emusave issues with SS I can try again soon but I'd have to recompile cuz I think I deleted it. Then it's just a matter of testing from the synced wiiflow mod equivalent forward to pinpoint the rev where it changed.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it works in full emunand. Just Game Saves from Wii's nand. I haven't tried it tho, but that's what Fix94 told me when I was having problems getting it to boot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu