Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Went out for awhile, back on the scene. I'll be back with an edit & log shortly

Edit: Attempted to force cIOS 248.. I'm going to try 249 instead.
Code:
Welcome to WiiFlow (Beta 4.0.6-r830)!
This is the debug output.
Enabling ISFS Patches...
apply_patch 'isfs_permissions': found at 93a11304
Init ISFS
Found WiiFlow Save
Loading IOS Settings from NAND
WiiFlow is in real nand mode
Real Wii
Reloading into IOS 248 from 58...
Deinit ISFS
Disabling ISFS Patches...
apply_patch 'isfs_permissions': found at 93a11304
AHBPROT after IOS Reload: 1
Init ISFS
D2X IOS248[55] v10
Changing USB port to port 0....
* HDD Information
* Sectors: 1953525166
* Size [Sector Size]: 931 GB [512]
FAT Partition at usb1: mounted.
NTFS Partition at usb2: mounted.
SHND: Running sound thread
Wiiflow boot.dol Location: usb1:/apps/wiiflow
NET: Network init complete, enabled wifi_gecko: yes
Using IOS248 instead of IOS248 as main cIOS.
DIOS-MIOS is installed as MIOS
Loading cIOS map
Found cIOS in slot 222
Found d2x base 37 in slot 245
Found d2x base 38 in slot 246
Found d2x base 53 in slot 247
Found d2x base 55 in slot 248
Found d2x base 56 in slot 249
Found d2x base 57 in slot 250
Found d2x base 58 in slot 251
Data Directory: usb1:/wiiflow
Found gamercard provider: wiinnertag
Gamertag provider is NOT valid!
Found gamercard provider: dutag
Gamercard provider is valid!
Switching View to GAMES
Games found: 419
Switching View to NAND
Emu NAND Full Path = usb1:/nands/flownand
IOS Compatible NAND Path = /nands/flownand
Games found: 71
Update Play log
Gamertag URL:
http://tag.darkumbra.net/hidden4privacy.update=WGSE
SHND: Stopping sound thread
SHND: Stopped sound thread
Cleanup Coverflow
Requested Game IOS: 55
Game ID# WGSE requested IOS 55.  User selected 0
Changed requested IOS to 248.
Return to channel DWFA using d2x succeeded.
FAT Partition at usb1: unmounted.
NTFS Partition at usb2: unmounted.
Device: USB 2.0 Mass Storage Device
Enabling NAND Emulator... OK!
Changing USB port to port 0....
* HDD Information
* Sectors: 1953525166
* Size [Sector Size]: 931 GB [512]
FAT Partition at usb1: mounted.
NTFS Partition at usb2: mounted.
apply_patch 'es_setuid': not found
apply_patch 'es_identify': not found
apply_patch 'hash_check': not found
apply_patch 'new_hash_check': not found
Reading TMD for 00010001 57475345...Failed!
FAT Partition at usb1: unmounted.
NTFS Partition at usb2: unmounted.
Deinit ISFS
Same dump I think.

Edit2: Same result with force cIOS Load 249. I have the log but it looks fairly identical to the one I've posted. If you prefer a log with cIOS249 let me know and I'll put it up :)

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question Fix94. How accurate is the battery bar percentages? I have an energizer charger and put my wiimotes on there every night so first thing in the morning they should be 90 - 100%. But the battery bar only goes up to 54% max. Funny how the wii's own wiimote battery display shows them fully charged. It seems like the battery bar percentage needs to be doubled to be accurate. Or is there really a possibility that my wiimotes aren't fully charging overnight? One of those things where I'm wondering if it's just me or if anyone else has the same issue?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Question Fix94. How accurate is the battery bar percentages? I have an energizer charger and put my wiimotes on there every night so first thing in the morning they should be 90 - 100%. But the battery bar only goes up to 54% max. Funny how the wii's own wiimote battery display shows them fully charged. It seems like the battery bar percentage needs to be doubled to be accurate. Or is there really a possibility that my wiimotes aren't fully charging overnight? One of those things where I'm wondering if it's just me or if anyone else has the same issue?
Just a guess, I know rechargeable batteries tend to have lower voltage than disposable batteries. Also, if you don't wait to charge them until they're completely dead (unless they're lithium rechargeables or ... maybe ... rechargeable alcaline) the "maximum" capacity will start to get lower with each charge.

Another thing, what looks like a "full" battery indicator on the normal Wii Home menu could just be referring to having a "good" charge and not start dropping until it's like less than 50% or something.

Again, just a guess on my part.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How accurate is the battery bar percentages?.. I'm wondering if it's just me or if anyone else has the same issue?
Actually reminded me I noticed this too... I put new batteries in wii mote and noticed although system menu shows full battery, wiiflow reported lower, about 70%?

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noticed this on Amazon about my recharger batteries - Since i was unable to recharge the energizer batteries anymore, i recently purchased a pack of Sanyo Eneloop batteries. I noticed they were lasting a lot longer than the one charge i had on the enrgizer batteries. So out of curiousity,i took apart the Energizer battery cases apart and found they were using AAA batteries (not AA) with 600mAh of juice. The Eneloop AA batteries which i used with my Wii controllers were 2000mAh. Even their AAA batteries had more juice at 800mAh. You might as well get a set of normal batteries. Not only will they last longer but they will work!

could be why mine show up so low. Also how long does regular AA batteries last. my rechargeable ones are dead within 5 or 6 hours. Not too big of a prob because they recharge in half an hour to an hour.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Noticed this on Amazon about my recharger batteries - Since i was unable to recharge the energizer batteries anymore, i recently purchased a pack of Sanyo Eneloop batteries. I noticed they were lasting a lot longer than the one charge i had on the enrgizer batteries. So out of curiousity,i took apart the Energizer battery cases apart and found they were using AAA batteries (not AA) with 600mAh of juice. The Eneloop AA batteries which i used with my Wii controllers were 2000mAh. Even their AAA batteries had more juice at 800mAh. You might as well get a set of normal batteries. Not only will they last longer but they will work!

could be why mine show up so low. Also how long does regular AA batteries last. my rechargeable ones are dead within 5 or 6 hours. Not too big of a prob because they recharge in half an hour to an hour.
Eneloop are the best rechargeable batteries in existence. I've had the same set of 4 AA batteries for about 5-6 years. And even if I don't charge them for 2 - 3 months at a time, they hold charge like a bull. I love those freaking batteries :D

kelvinml

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if anybody could help me out. I have installed wiiflow for the first time and am using 4.0.5 and everything is working great but very slow loading wiiflow from Fowarder channel and homebrew browser. When I click on wiiflow to start up,it stays on a black screen for about 15 seconds and then the wiiflow logo finally comes up and I see the disc drive flash and it finally loads up and this also happens when exiting from an emulator and back into wiiflow. I am using a 8GB SDHC card that is about half full and I do not use a usb hard drive. Does anyone have any suggestions on the slow startups?

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anything change in between r814 and r823 (still not resolved in r830) that would cause selected wiiware titles not to show up?? Anyone else with this issue? Just thought i'd report that I've had issues. I did delete all my settings and cache lists. I havent pinpointed which rev broke this for me, but it's somewhere in between r815 and r823.

Also, if no one has checked the covers thread in awhile, there's been a lot of updates, and a whole new format to the full cover section, including the ability to grab individual covers!

Reactions: DaveZ_227451

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did have the problem, try pressing B on the right most icon. I was bugging out because GX was playing the emunand titles just fine on my new HDD, but Wiiflow would not see the channels. This was from a prior install too, I since cleaned it and redid everything but it was a stupid bug/fix in the end.

When are we going to be able to download covers in Wiiflow for emulators? Nice work on the covers too mastershoes.

Reactions: mastershoes

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok... I have a 2 TB WD HDD... 2 Partitions.. FAT (apps) Primary, active and NTSC (wbfs - games) primary, emusave is off... is a D2X or WF problem.??? is a ios reload problem..?? All of this games are working fine in CFG... :(

Thanks for replay..
Well, all i can say that all games you mentioned (apart from party night) start and play, no blackscreens for me on my FAT32 partition, also with emusave on.

EDIT: I just asked fix94 about your problem...only thing that it can be is your wiiflow setup.
Try deleting all the files in your \wiiflow\settings folder and your lists folder in \wiiflow\cache.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Fix, I'm a little concerned with r832 and menu.cpp line #2572 getID(). You didn't seem to notice that for plugins the ID includes the directory name + the game name. Without the directory name that screws things up for plugin games when using categories, favorites, and games marked as adult. It's different from coverflow getID() and is used in menu_categories and menu_game. I believe the directory/name was made because several games are made for more than one system (i.e. earthworm jim). I can't get on the wii right now and half to work this weekend so not much time to double check this. I realize you like to use const char * so I hope there's a way you can make it do what it's supposed to do but use const char *. Thanks!

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OK, that can be solved. So you just need the directory name? eg if a rom is in sd:/snes/roms/hi.sfc then you want snes/roms/hi.sfc as id?

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Testing again CoD MW3 and Kirby's Adventure with rev834 caused me again the same freezing issues... :-(
Can anyone else test these 2 games too?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1