Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried just about every way I could to rename them myself but in the end all I got were the same results. Failed. :sad:
lmao, sad but the way you put it, kinda funny.. big failure stamp went across my forehead on that one. Well there goes a request for us then, maybe [member='fledge68'] or [member='fix94'] could add custom_titles.ini support for emu games as well. Pretty please with gummi bears on top :creep: .. what.. wtf do u mean u don't like gummi bears :whip:

Reactions: 1 person

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
but still can't access plugin select menu. it freezes for a little while and then restarts wiiflow.
OK, can you upload all .ini files in your wiiflow/plugins folder? Then I can take a look at it in detail.
here you go - http://www.mediafire...812e56d64kpp445

but I did further testing and found out i couldn't start any wii game (all black screens) so i went back to r473 and they are working again. And just so you know I used your dol from mediafire
Same here for me on r759. All Wii games black screen.
However, seems FIX94 fixed the slow cache reload in 759 so there is progress there for sure.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Guys WF rev 756+ have major bugs (internal dol corruption) and Fix is really working v. hard to make drastic changes.
752 works great here, 755 might be stable too but I didn't test it yet.
So for now 752 is my recommendation, I might update the ultimake pack to this rev later today...

Dump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So has anyone gotten Wiisx working as a plugin yet?
i was wondering the same thing im working on my psx collection and would love to see a plugin for wiiflow
I've tried just about every way I could to rename them myself but in the end all I got were the same results. Failed. :sad:
lmao, sad but the way you put it, kinda funny.. big failure stamp went across my forehead on that one. Well there goes a request for us then, maybe [member='fledge68'] or [member='fix94'] could add custom_titles.ini support for emu games as well. Pretty please with gummi bears on top :creep: .. what.. wtf do u mean u don't like gummi bears :whip:
who doesn't like gummy bears? but seriously i got smoked myself thinking i could just rename the neogeo games :lol:

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I've updated the Mega Pack in my sig now it has more source menu icons and carbonik abz rc3 theme too.
The new pack supports more wiiflow plugins (v6 with retroarch stuff) and also has improved cache handling.

P.S. Don't forget to delete the cache\lists folder and gameconfig files in settings folder and optionally wiiflow.ini before using this update

Full info:

WiiFLow 4.0.3beta rev 752 + uNeek2o 92b9 (i.e.93b9 since 93 was a mistake) + neek extras + WF/Neek Channels + Source Menu v2 RC1 + Carbonik Abz Theme RC3

"apps" folder: WiiFlow 4.0.3 Final rev 752 (copy this folder to SD or USB root)

"sneek" folder: uNek2o rev 92 beta 9 (copy this folder to USB root)
di.bin = di module
diosmios.bin = diosmios app file for sneek to be used from the di menu (Games on USB)
diosmios-lite.bin = diosmios lite app file for sneek to be used from the di menu, rename to "diosmios.bin" (Games on SD)
font.bin = font module for the di menu
kernel.bin = uNeek 92b9 core added new di mnu options and new controls also fixed region free hacks
quadforce.bin = Triiforce - Mario Kart GP 1 & 2 app file for di menu (Games on SD)
titlecfg.bin = custom titles file for di menu

"wad" folder: Channels for WiiFlow and Neek2o (install with a wad manager from SD or USB)
WiiFlow Channel - Clouds v14b - DWFA.wad = v14b forwarder channel for WiiFlow (install on real and emunands)
WiiFlowLoaderChannel - WIIH.wad = Hidden Channel for WiiFLow, needed to exit back to WiiFlow (install on real and emunands)
Neek2o_NK2O_1.wad = uNeek2o nswitch Channel (install on real nand)
Back 2 Real-Nand - NK2O.wad = Neek2o nswitch Channel (install on emunands)

"WiiFlow" folder: (copy this folder to SD or USB root)
\"themes" folder contains "Carbonik Abz" theme with fixed buttons and framed tiny banner
\"source_menu" folder contains icons for the source menu (I only included parent icon support in source_menu.ini but all icons for sub-systems are included if needed)

And ofc you need the official plugins v6 found here: http://www.mediafire...e6awr8pnzp1ozsq
And full FBA retroarch dol found here too: http://www.mediafire...7m4iosgmiafit4c
or the one in my signature which has both :)

Screenshots:
Source menu Icons
new icons
whh7a9.jpg

jfzw41.jpg

old ones
n686d5.jpg
Carbonik Abz RC3 - Previews

I still need to finish the source menu icons, finalize carbonik and complete the missing cover set.
The custom missing covers will be added later maybe in my next megapack :P

Have a nice day
Abz :)

Reactions: 3 people

thatfloorguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Abz :) I updated yesterday using the megapack in your sig, on MassiveRican's recommendation. I was able to get WW/VC booting from Source-Menu for first time ever. I think I'll go ahead and update again using the new pack.

Spoiler and previews look awesome BTW. Thanks again!

Reactions: 1 person

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how does the boot with neek2o feature work? i have two emunands, one with virtually nothing on mainly for testing and then my main emulated nand which has tons of channels / save data / miis. i've named the experimental nand usb:/nands/nand1 and the good nand usb:/nands/system so neek2o will boot nand1 first since it loads in alphabetical order. i can never get my system nand to boot since it has a crap load of channels, always black screens for quite a while and never does anything.

the system nand is the one that wiiflow sees for my emuchannels. if i select boot with neek2o will it autoboot or does it bring you to a sneek environment? every time i've attempted to try it, it fails or loads nand1.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Wf uses same way as neek2o channel to run in neek mode. So u need to do the following:
install neek2o channel in case you don t have it yet
run neek2o channel and use 1 + - keys to go to di menu options
change nand to the one u wanna use and save settings
neek will reload
exit back to sm and run wf now

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Is it possible to boot straight in to Wiiflow with bootmii or is priiloader the only option for such things?
yes with di menu options.
there is no need for priiloader anymore on neek nands (Edit: except for Postloader neek2o mode, until Pl4 is updated to use neek2o90+ boot method)

Wanderlei777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to boot straight in to Wiiflow with bootmii or is priiloader the only option for such things?
yes with di menu options.
there is no need for priiloader anymore on neek nands (Edit: except for Postloader neek2o mode, until Pl4 is updated to use neek2o90+ boot method)

OK, so NAND emulation is the way to go about? I'll have to suss it out and get up to speed with it.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I still need to finish the source menu icons, finalize carbonik and complete the missing cover set.
The custom missing covers will be added later maybe in my next megapack :P
If you can don't forget a set of missing covers for TG-16/CD(Which I guess is PC-Engine as well) as well, and I don't think I saw a retroarch SM icon for mednafenpce-fast/TG-16/CD I think that's the only one you're missing NVM i needed to look closer :ninja:

Edit: BTW Abz I have 19 different source menu sets, all to match the available themes out there, about 15 of those have the same standardized names for their icons, only the ones created by Jiiwah and yourself have a different naming convention.

I've already changed it for myself, but I was wondering if you'd be willing to change your naming convention to match with MS/shortz1994/Pepxl sets for example, and I'm also surprised that your SM icons don't have a selected set just a default one, I like the difference in selected SM icons over non-selected but I don't have that choice with your set and I'm wondering if you'll ever make a selected set of icons to match? I know usually it's just a simple different colored frame or something but maybe you don't like that, just curious thanks for all your customizing and help as usual.

Reactions: 2 people

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how does the boot with neek2o feature work? i have two emunands, one with virtually nothing on mainly for testing and then my main emulated nand which has tons of channels / save data / miis. i've named the experimental nand usb:/nands/nand1 and the good nand usb:/nands/system so neek2o will boot nand1 first since it loads in alphabetical order. i can never get my system nand to boot since it has a crap load of channels, always black screens for quite a while and never does anything.

the system nand is the one that wiiflow sees for my emuchannels. if i select boot with neek2o will it autoboot or does it bring you to a sneek environment? every time i've attempted to try it, it fails or loads nand1.
I have a similar issue - whenever i make a emu nand with wiiflow and try to use neek2o with that nand it just black screens and i get tired of waiting. when i use a modmii nand neek2o works fine.

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/t336044-genesis-plus-gx-v1-7-1
  • added support for CUE files
  • added CD-DA tracks emulation (needs CUE+BIN or ISO+WAV images)

wooooooo, segacd with music

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: more of a platinum guy myself personally