Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I've added a GUI to my app so you can choose the language of the "titles.txt" file that's downloaded a little bit easier.
Otherwise it runs the same way.

For those who hadn't seen the previous versions, basically you select the language from the list and push the "download" button and the "custom_titles.ini" file for WiiFlow appears in the same folder where the program's running from.
(If you already have the "titles.txt" file from gameTDB.com that you want to use in the same folder the program's running from you can also use the "file" option from the list.).

Here's the link:
http://www.mediafire...407nd6u6r7529b6

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
It's important to note that the 24 theme modes for r424 are 8 for homebrew, 8 for channels, and 8 for normal coverflow so I just thought it would be good to keep that in mind so no one tried to put 24 modes in using the format for the 15 global modes from the mod which could likely cause problems.
Yep. So it will always boot with 8 views in whichever mode you're in. So that's 8 views for HB, then you can setup you Wii Games mode with 8 different views, then you can setup your NAND mode with 8 different views and finally when DML is added you can have 8 different views for that as well, awesome.

[member='mugotu'] would it be possible to choose different themes for each mode if you wanted that as well? Is there enough memory for that?

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
I've added a GUI to my app so you can choose the language of the "titles.txt" file that's downloaded a little bit easier.
Otherwise it runs the same way.

For those who hadn't seen the previous versions, basically you select the language from the list and push the "download" button and the "custom_titles.ini" file for WiiFlow appears in the same folder where the program's running from.
(If you already have the "titles.txt" file from gameTDB.com that you want to use in the same folder the program's running from you can also use the "file" option from the list.).

Here's the link:
http://www.mediafire...407nd6u6r7529b6
here's the source:
Code:
//for proxy servers use java -Dhttp.proxyHost=proxyhost [-Dhttp.proxyPort=portNumber]
import java.io.*;
import java.net.URL;
import javax.swing.*;
import java.awt.*;
import java.awt.event.*;

public class TitleFileDownloader extends JFrame implements ActionListener
{private JButton download;
private JComboBox language;

public static void main(String args[])
{if(args.length

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Just made some compatible tests between DMLr55/56
and different mod version of Wiiflow (no_disc_patch=yes).

Here are the test results. (with GC game:PoPWW)

r191 - OK (download from http://code.google.c.../downloads/list)
r210 - OK (I re-compile myself)
r215 - console turn off automatically (download from http://code.google.c.../downloads/list)
r217 - console turn off automatically (download from google code)
r223 - console turn off automatically (I re-compile myself)

I also tested DMLr55/56 with latest CFG (mod r22) and ULGX(1155). They are all OK
with "no disc patch".

========================
EDIT: I have to enable "No Dvd Patch" by each individual GC game setting from r214.
Does this mean "no_disc_patch =yes" in the willfow.ini is useless ?

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't think so but stranger things have happened. Have you tried wiping your .ini file so it recreates a clean default?

Didnt work. I deleted wiiflow.ini, gameconfig1 & 2 ini's and cleared the wdm & lists folder. Still garbled.
I suggest a fresh install delete apps/wiiflow and /wiiflow folders. If you want to keep boxcovers folder fine but delete everything else including themes folder cuz this sounds like you have a default.ini or something. Recreate apps/wiiflow folder put nightly build dol in there and boot on wii. If you're still having problems PM me and I'll compile a working dol for you.

Reactions: 1 person

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Ok. Now my GameTDB.com "Title.txt" to WiiFlow "customer_titles.ini" downloader is finished. (At least that's what I'm hoping.)
http://www.mediafire...183os2uhv6vd2aq
Just choose the language and hit "download". It'll ask you where you wanna save it. The end.

It still works with the command line options, too. The only difference is that the command line's no longer case sensitive and I've added a way to get and put files outside the current directory.
Just use the -? option for details (or the /? option or -help or just help).

and it's open sourced :lol:
Code:
import java.io.*;
import java.net.URL;
import javax.swing.*;
import java.awt.*;
import java.awt.event.*;

private JFileChooser choice;

{if(args.length  2)
outPath = args[2];
else outPath = "";
inputFile = new BufferedReader(new FileReader(inPath));
}
else inputFile = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(new URL(fileURL).openStream()));
FileWriter outputFile = new FileWriter(outPath+"custom_titles.ini");
inputFile.readLine();
outputFile.write(br+"[TITLES]"+br);
while((lastLine = inputFile.readLine()) != null)
outputFile.write(lastLine+br);
outputFile.close();
inputFile.close();
}catch(IOException err)
{System.out.println(err+"");}
}

public TitleFileDownloader()
{super("Title Downloader");
download = new JButton("Download");
download.addActionListener(this);
String options[] = {"Default","File","EN","JA","FR","DE","ES","IT","NL","PT","RU","KO","ZHCN","ZHTW"};
language = new JComboBox(options);
language.addActionListener(this);
choice = new JFileChooser();
JPanel mainPane = new JPanel(new BorderLayout());
getContentPane().add(mainPane);
mainPane.add(download, BorderLayout.CENTER);
mainPane.add(language, BorderLayout.EAST);
setDefaultCloseOperation(EXIT_ON_CLOSE);
pack();
setVisible(true);
}

public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent e)
{if(e.getSource() == language)
{if(language.getSelectedIndex() == 1)
download.setText("Convert");
else download.setText("Download");
return;
}
String args[];
int outPathArg = 1;
if(language.getSelectedIndex() == 1)
{args = new String[3];
choice.setDialogTitle("Where is your \"titles.txt\" file?");
if(choice.showOpenDialog(this) != JFileChooser.APPROVE_OPTION)
return;
args[1] = choice.getSelectedFile().getAbsolutePath();
outPathArg++;
}else args = new String[2];
args[0] = (String)(language.getSelectedItem());
choice.setDialogTitle("Where should we put the \"custom_titles.ini\" file?");
choice.setFileSelectionMode(JFileChooser.DIRECTORIES_ONLY);
if(choice.showSaveDialog(this) != JFileChooser.APPROVE_OPTION)
return;
args[outPathArg] = choice.getSelectedFile().getAbsolutePath()+'/';
main(args);
}
}
Hope it works for everyone.
(You do need to have Java installed to run it.)
where do we need to place the generated ini file?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Ok. Now my GameTDB.com "Title.txt" to WiiFlow "custom_titles.ini" downloader is finished. (At least that's what I'm hoping.)
http://www.mediafire...183os2uhv6vd2aq
Just choose the language and hit "download". It'll ask you where you wanna save it. The end.

It still works with the command line options, too. The only difference is that the command line's no longer case sensitive and I've added a way to get and put files outside the current directory.
Just use the -? option for details (or the /? option or -help or just help).

and it's open sourced :lol:
Code:
import java.io.*;
import java.net.URL;
import javax.swing.*;
import java.awt.*;
import java.awt.event.*;

private JFileChooser choice;

{if(args.length  2)
outPath = args[2];
else outPath = "";
inputFile = new BufferedReader(new FileReader(inPath));
}
else inputFile = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(new URL(fileURL).openStream()));
FileWriter outputFile = new FileWriter(outPath+"custom_titles.ini");
inputFile.readLine();
outputFile.write(br+"[TITLES]"+br);
while((lastLine = inputFile.readLine()) != null)
outputFile.write(lastLine+br);
outputFile.close();
inputFile.close();
}catch(IOException err)
{System.out.println(err+"");}
}

public TitleFileDownloader()
{super("Title Downloader");
download = new JButton("Download");
download.addActionListener(this);
String options[] = {"Default","File","EN","JA","FR","DE","ES","IT","NL","PT","RU","KO","ZHCN","ZHTW"};
language = new JComboBox(options);
language.addActionListener(this);
choice = new JFileChooser();
JPanel mainPane = new JPanel(new BorderLayout());
getContentPane().add(mainPane);
mainPane.add(download, BorderLayout.CENTER);
mainPane.add(language, BorderLayout.EAST);
setDefaultCloseOperation(EXIT_ON_CLOSE);
pack();
setVisible(true);
}

public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent e)
{if(e.getSource() == language)
{if(language.getSelectedIndex() == 1)
download.setText("Convert");
else download.setText("Download");
return;
}
String args[];
int outPathArg = 1;
if(language.getSelectedIndex() == 1)
{args = new String[3];
choice.setDialogTitle("Where is your \"titles.txt\" file?");
if(choice.showOpenDialog(this) != JFileChooser.APPROVE_OPTION)
return;
args[1] = choice.getSelectedFile().getAbsolutePath();
outPathArg++;
}else args = new String[2];
args[0] = (String)(language.getSelectedItem());
choice.setDialogTitle("Where should we put the \"custom_titles.ini\" file?");
choice.setFileSelectionMode(JFileChooser.DIRECTORIES_ONLY);
if(choice.showSaveDialog(this) != JFileChooser.APPROVE_OPTION)
return;
args[outPathArg] = choice.getSelectedFile().getAbsolutePath()+'/';
main(args);
}
}
Hope it works for everyone.
(You do need to have Java installed to run it.)
where do we need to place the generated ini file?
That goes in the /wiiflow/settings folder.
Sorry, I had forgotten that detail.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Custom Channels for WiiFlow Carbonik and Startnight users:
c924ac6598529a83453d5bbfe2d38939.jpg
e3869954a2885b8e58f6e00c0872d9f6.jpg

a5ae7e6a2dba62b97ac6b23622e54887.jpg

afd050a904e1f4356c584c5e285cfb1d.jpg

Download:
Carbonik: http://www.mediafire...j8sgq6ya7b392su
Carbonik v1b (correct background for the icon) http://www.mediafire...70d390a88jupz2r
Starnight: http://www.mediafire...8dgg1wdl1v1th2f
Starnight v2 new different icon and banner: http://www.mediafire...jee2ov6jc5yuems
7f9ecfca723703c640147e4e3cae0633.jpg

Bonus:
These are also available for CFG-USB Loader themes
http://gbatemp.net/t...ost__p__4151715

Since I love Carbonik I made a second one with new expanding icon, banner & sound

@MassiveRican I think you will love those 2

This will be the last update for those channels please give me your feedback or comments (Via PM if you don't want to post them here)

Thank you

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I suggest a fresh install delete apps/wiiflow and /wiiflow folders. If you want to keep boxcovers folder fine but delete everything else including themes folder cuz this sounds like you have a default.ini or something. Recreate apps/wiiflow folder put nightly build dol in there and boot on wii. If you're still having problems PM me and I'll compile a working dol for you.

Deleted the lot. kept the covers. everything now works except the adjust mode to make my own layout, nothing moves no matter how much I adjust it :blink: , its not the end of world. Cheers for the advice.

EDIT: Tried adjust mode again... 3 of the buttons in adjust mode are blank (the two top righ ones and the second one from the left at the top), and if I edit view 1 nothing happens, when I click view 2 the changes I made to view 1 are implemented on view 2. #baffled. Don't know if this is a bug or what: I easily managed to set up my custom adjustment last time round, but now I deleted all my configs to get 424 working, I can't for the life of me get it working.

EDIT 2: Yep what I described is definitely happening. Clicking view 1 edits view 2 and viceversa, all was working "well" taking that into consideration, but after a while it went batshit crazy switching views while adjusting the sliders... so its gone west. I give up.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country

Deleted the lot. kept the covers. everything now works except the adjust mode to make my own layout, nothing moves no matter how much I adjust it :blink: , its not the end of world. Cheers for the advice.

EDIT: Tried adjust mode again... 3 of the buttons in adjust mode are blank (the two top righ ones and the second one from the left at the top), and if I edit view 1 nothing happens, when I click view 2 the changes I made to view 1 are implemented on view 2. #baffled. Don't know if this is a bug or what: I easily managed to set up my custom adjustment last time round, but now I deleted all my configs to get 424 working, I can't for the life of me get it working.

EDIT 2: Yep what I described is definitely happening. Clicking view 1 edits view 2 and viceversa, all was working "well" taking that into consideration, but after a while it went batshit crazy switching views while adjusting the sliders... so its gone west. I give up.
[member='Abdallahterro] are you experiencing any issues adjusting views with Wiiflow r424? I know that Miigotu would like to hear of any bugs pertaining to that aspect. Remember to rename /wiiflow if you're using it for mod to have seperate ones for both. I have both /wiiflow-OG and /wiiflow-mod and rename accordingly to use both.

Reactions: 1 person

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
I was busy creating the channels, I'll try the coverflows tomorrow. But I think I won't be able to use themes, right?
yep no themes, it's why I suggest 2 different WF root folders so that at any one time u would just need to rename the folder to use the WiiFlow u want.

Also notice how smooth, fast and stable r424 is; even with 300+ fanart (thanks to a knight in arms) there is no code dumping or much lag at all ;-)

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was busy creating the channels, I'll try the coverflows tomorrow. But I think I won't be able to use themes, right?
yep no themes, it's why I suggest 2 different WF root folders so that at any one time u would just need to rename the folder to use the WiiFlow u want.

Also notice how smooth, fast and stable r424 is; even with 300+ fanart (thanks to a knight in arms) there is no code dumping or much lag at all ;-)
anytime ;)

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah it's stable and fast but the only thing that keeps me using the mod is 15 modes and DML of course. I hope Miigotu can add these so that I redo a full setup for his release.
well he already added the capability to do 8 separate views based on mode that gives you a total of 24. When u mess around with it let us know if the coverflow editor is bugged. I'm away from Wii past 2 days and regardless that's one feature I'm barely familiar with, you'd b the much better tester for that.

As soon as I get a chance i'll check out the channels u made, I love starnight so that might b the next permanent channel again lol

bseos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cover_buffer=18

When quickly flicking through the games wiiflow cannot buffer the covers fast enough and i have to wait for it to display the next 18 covers.. is their anyway to increase the display speed?

I tried setting cover_buffer over 120 but it seems to crash wiiflow

MrGreg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I have recently updated from R2?? to the official R425. I think changing coverflow views used to be accomplished using the 1 and 2 buttons on the remote. It seems that either I do not remember correctly or this has changed. Can someone tell me how to switch coverflows with the latest release. Thanks...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i guess not...