Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
MassiveRican, setup seems alright to me, only 2 things i can think of is 1. wiiflow.ini and 2. partition.

1. Wiiflow.ini: is everything pointing to USB2 in wiiflow.ini too?
2. Partition: is the partition primary and active?

You could also try deleting the wiiflow.ini, and let wiiflow create it again, make sure there is no other wiiflow folder (/apps/wiiflow) on another partition or SD...

AntJackson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Can not get wiiflow to work
The problem i get is partition not found, followed by a white flickering screen with nothing
I have a 1TB Verbatim HD WBFS formatted hard drive it works in cfg and uloader

Even plugged in pc and made it primary active and still same problem?
Any Help please my ios are as follow:
IOS9 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, r13 dip -patched ios60-v6174
IOS11 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, r13 dip -patched ios60-v6174
IOS12 (rev 269+): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 273+): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 520+): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 523+): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 54321): Trucha, Es-Identify, Nand, Flash -Patched ios16-v257
IOS17 (rev 775): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, r13 dip -patched ios60-v6174
IOS21 (rev 782+): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1037+): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1550+): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, r13 dip -patched ios60-v6174
IOS31 (rev 3608+): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3091+): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3348+): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3349+): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, Nand, r13 dip -patched ios50-v4889
IOS37 (rev 3869+): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 3867): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, r13 dip -patched ios50-v4889
IOS53 (rev 5406+): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5406+): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5562+): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5661+): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6175+): No Patches
IOS60 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, r13 dip -patched ios60-v6174
IOS61 (rev 5405+): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, r13 dip -patched ios60-v6174
IOS80 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, r13 dip -patched ios60-v6174
IOS90 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES_Identify, r13 dip -patched ios60-v6174
IOS202 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0 -hermes v5.1 base-60
IOS222 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0 -hermes v5.1 base-38
IOS223 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0 -hermes v5.1 base -37
IOS224 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0 -hermes v5.1 base-57
IOS236 (rev 54321) Trucha Burg, Es Identify, Nand access, version patch - in
IOS247 (rev 21006): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0 -wani cios37-v21d2x7b1
IOS248 (rev 21006): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0 -wani cios56-v21d2x7b1
IOS249 (rev 21006): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0 -wani cios38-v21d2x7b1
IOS250 (rev 21006): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0 -wani cios57-v21d2x6
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6+?
MIOS -cmios ((v10)_WiiGator_WiiPower_v0.2)

Yod4z

Trophies
XP
Country
France
OS249 (rev 21006): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0 -wani cios38-v21d2x7b1 -->?? why use IOS38 as base?

For more convinence use IOS56 as base for IOS249 and IOS57 as base for IOS248 (none game need IOS38 or 37, just 56 for all game and 57 for some games)

AntJackson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
OS249 (rev 21006): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0 -wani cios38-v21d2x7b1 -->?? why use IOS38 as base?

For more convinence use IOS56 as base for IOS249 and IOS57 as base for IOS248 (none game need IOS38 or 37, just 56 for all game and 57 for some games)

Because its the ios i use for custom unbrickable system menu and priiloader amongst other things, it gives me higher compatability

But still not managed to get wiiflow working

Wolvenreign

Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting some pretty bad random freezes in-game with the latest WiiFlow. I'm using a Seagate drive, one of those with the two USB plugs. I have both of them plugged in, with the "root" one on the side of the AV input.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting some pretty bad random freezes in-game with the latest WiiFlow. I'm using a Seagate drive, one of those with the two USB plugs. I have both of them plugged in, with the "root" one on the side of the AV input.

Seagate drives usually have a sleep feature built into the drive that causes the drive to spin down when not in use after X amount of time.
I would download seagate manager from seagates site and see if your drive has that feature.I know by default its set to ON and the time limit is only 5 minutes on it.

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Are your covers also grey with r417???
My Wii covers changed from white to grey after I updated to r417.
Another bug is the games setting menu. All options of a certain game are overlapping in one line.

But anyway. Best Loader!!! :)

temps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's me again .... soldiering on .. thanks for the help so far. 415 is great, however I have a crash that's occurring pretty much at random, while scrolling through the covers, or changing preferences in wiiflow. I don't seem to be able to upload the screen dump, but it's an "Exception (DSI) occurred!" with the usual array of hex digits over the screen .... then I have to reboot.

I softmodded the wii using the "Softmod any Wii" instructions on another site - not sure if I'm supposed to mention them - and I was wondering if that could cause the problem or if it's in another area as I don't think the various ios's etc., are absolutely identical to the wiiflow wiki instructions. oh - by the way, is there a way that I can interrogate exactly what is installed on the wii?

Is this a known issue with Wiiflow?

I've got a FAT32 partition with the apps etc., and NTFS partition with the games. Config USB Loader works fine (as usual).

Thanks for your help

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's me again .... soldiering on .. thanks for the help so far. 415 is great, however I have a crash that's occurring pretty much at random, while scrolling through the covers, or changing preferences in wiiflow. I don't seem to be able to upload the screen dump, but it's an "Exception (DSI) occurred!" with the usual array of hex digits over the screen .... then I have to reboot.

I softmodded the wii using the "Softmod any Wii" instructions on another site - not sure if I'm supposed to mention them - and I was wondering if that could cause the problem or if it's in another area as I don't think the various ios's etc., are absolutely identical to the wiiflow wiki instructions. oh - by the way, is there a way that I can interrogate exactly what is installed on the wii?

Is this a known issue with Wiiflow?

I've got a FAT32 partition with the apps etc., and NTFS partition with the games. Config USB Loader works fine (as usual).

Thanks for your help

Since its still a beta release your using it will have bugs in it that cause code dumps like your experiencing.
The one your getting from the settings menu seems like a bug in the program itself.
The other one your getting when scrolling through covers could be a bug in the program or it could be caused by a corrupt cover that's on your hard drive.
The code dumps you see on the screen can actually help the developers pinpoint the issue although i do not think they want them uploaded here because usally they only want issues with stable releases brought up here.
You can go into the irc chat and give them the info there.

Reactions: 1 person

temps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
that's useful Icebrg5 ..... I've registered in the chat room, I'll have a look at what's going on. Previous version I was using never crashed in more than a year. I'm always happy to provide info' to developers.

Wolvenreign

Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Seagate drives usually have a sleep feature built into the drive that causes the drive to spin down when not in use after X amount of time.
I would download seagate manager from seagates site and see if your drive has that feature.I know by default its set to ON and the time limit is only 5 minutes on it.

Thanks, I'll look into this.

cwolfey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also had crash when going through covers, then it would get an error and not start up.. I am assuming it was a bad cover or data that I was on
What i did was, delete everything, started with just boot.dol no other files or folders

Then I downloaded ALL NEW covers and GameTDB

It worked fine after that no errors

minjeeta

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.djjustjones.co.uk
XP
Country
wiiflow keeps screwing up the list by naming titles incorrectly. how can i delete the cache? or is this a know bug and i have to deal with. im using the latest alpha.

ditto, wiitdb works first time, then when you update it after adding a new game lots of things get messed up. definitely a big problem please look into it.
other than this the latest build is great, i like not having the 1+2 buttons not change the layout.....m
Ditto to your ditto. I also experience this exact same problem.

Thanks enemywithin I tried doing it manually but same problem. r417 seems to download the file and extract the wiitdb.xml file to settings just fine, but then it does not read it and display the names correctly.

I tried r415 and it works correctly and all games i have tried still load, so for anyone having this problem that's the way to go for now....m

zalman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok I might be missing something, but how do I set a game to load with IOS 222/223/224? I would like Guitar Hero to work with USB Mics but I can't see anywhere in the settings to change which IOS to load with.

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok I might be missing something, but how do I set a game to load with IOS 222/223/224? I would like Guitar Hero to work with USB Mics but I can't see anywhere in the settings to change which IOS to load with.
If you set it up as per the Wiki - http://www.wiiflowiki.com/Wiiflow - you will see the dot point
  • Auto IOS detection, when starting a game, Wiiflow will use the cIOS with a base that corresponds with the game's IOS if available.

cwolfey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couple Questions which may be silly:

- No matter what I do the wiiflow folder is always created in the NTFS(2) partition with the wbfs games folder..and Apps folder stays in the fat32(1).which is fine and works great..I just like to have things seperate..no biggie unless its wrong

- Categories, I renamed them...however cat5 keeps getting messed up and not displaying? I am typing the same as others, and following the instructions..I think properly, all formatted same way?

- Also since I have been using the newer dol for wiiflow 415...I cant get priiloader to work anymore...it just hangs on the startup screen...Can I have both? the dol in the apps folder and also on the priiloader installed file?
I presently start the wiiflow by using a installed channel (Green Forwarder)

All else works fine..just these couple things...Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: But for $20 he will still let you...