Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mickey131 said:
what is wii flow is it free wii games or something my cousin said it was

lol it's a usb loader. You'll need to softmod your wii, and then you can use wiiflow to play games off a usb HDD. There are guides on this site for softmodding (like modmii). After softmodding you can download wiiflow from wiiflowiki.com and you're done.

Elegant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not to sound rude (I know Overjoy is most likely recovering still), but I hear of all these things in the works or nearly completed but I have yet to see any indication via google code, no pushes =/ Any word on when we might see another push?

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
Elegant said:
Not to sound rude (I know Overjoy is most likely recovering still), but I hear of all these things in the works or nearly completed but I have yet to see any indication via google code, no pushes =/ Any word on when we might see another push?

There have been plenty of commits, just not in the main wiiflow svn.
I WILL NOT entertain any complaints or bug reports for anything here as it is incomplete BUT You could see them HERE: http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow-dev/updates/list

As of r401 alot has been fixed. There is an error where it dumps if you exit to system menu but other than that its seeming extremely stable since i fixed some major memory problems in the past few days.

Note this is a version that only supports d2x cios. We are hoping that d2x v7 becomes stable so that this can take over main wiiflow and no longer support old wanin/hermes cios.

Just sit back and relax and wait for the final release. There are still some things to be seen.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the update miigotu....i was going to give up the link you posted, but i didn't know if it was to be kept on the DL...i guess that answered that
smile.gif

can you (or anytone else) tell me...is the wait for stable d2x7 just for the controller desync/resync issue at launch, or is there more to it than that?

Elegant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't know the dev's had there on google code for debugging. Thanks for the link, I always enjoy reading about progress!

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I haven't followed this thread as much since I switched to uneek+di (and joyflow). But since overjoy joined this team and the nand-emulation features that it currently has...

Is there a possibility to run the new wiiflow under uneek (instead of joyflow), or will a modification still be needed?
smile.gif

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
I haven't followed this thread as much since I switched to uneek+di (and joyflow). But since overjoy joined this team and the nand-emulation features that it currently has...

Is there a possibility to run the new wiiflow under uneek (instead of joyflow), or will a modification still be needed?
smile.gif
+1 I also read somewhere in one of these threads, That they are working on getting wiiflow on *neek. an i might be wrong, but i also read or think i read it correct, that davenbol is trying to get d2x to also work in *neek. if so,sweet.
yaywii.gif

JohanPG

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a problem:I put some games on the harddisks, and them when I put the harddisk on the Wii it works fine, but when I put the harddisk on the PC again, I have to do the format and load part again, before I can put new games on it..... (So old games wil be lost....)

How can I solve this?

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what filesystem are you using?

...if your using a WBFS file system (which i assume you are), just don't format (Windows only prompts because Windows doesn't recognize it)....then use WBFS Manager to manage the drive...

as an alternative that will work with your Wii and Windows natively, use a FAT32 or NTFS file system...then use wii backup manager to manage the drive...

JohanPG

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Uhm, I believe I formatted it as FAT32, and then used WBFS manager to format (I had to) it again and then I put the games on it.
If I hook it on the PC again and open WBFS manager, then, before I can put new games on it, I have to format it with WBFS manager again.

Sorry, I'm not so good in this stuff
unsure.gif

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
JohanPG said:
Uhm, I believe I formatted it as FAT32, and then used WBFS manager to format (I had to) it again and then I put the games on it.
If I hook it on the PC again and open WBFS manager, then, before I can put new games on it, I have to format it with WBFS manager again.

Sorry, I'm not so good in this stuff
unsure.gif

do NOT USE wbfs manager anymore, get Wii Backup Manager, it is much better and also supports NTSF and FAT32

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brausm08 said:
can you (or anytone else) tell me...is the wait for stable d2x7 just for the controller desync/resync issue at launch, or is there more to it than that?
I'm interested as well as I seem to experience a sync issue at launch too. But where did you hear that stable d2x7 could fix this?

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheShadowRunner said:
brausm08 said:
I'm interested as well as I seem to experience a sync issue at launch too. But where did you hear that stable d2x7 could fix this?
not sure now that i think about it....either in this thread some pages back or on the IRC; either may have been just speculation, i don't know....
though i did throw a search in google ('wiiflow ehci d2x v7') and found that a wiiflow sync issue was reported fixed in the alpha1 version.... whatever that's worth...

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheShadowRunner said:
brausm08 said:
who really cares if the wiimote dysync, then you have to press a to resync.. thats not that big of a deal.. it doesn't effect game play at all.
excl.gif
oh i forgot, your scared you'll break a nail
tongue.gif

friken cry babies. just be glad wiiflow team is working on this. an be happy with what you have. if you didn't, don't, donate, then you don't have a right to bitch..

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shortz1994 said:
who really cares if the wiimote dysync, then you have to press a to resync.. thats not that big of a deal.. it doesn't effect game play at all.
excl.gif
tongue.gif

Nobody said it was a big deal. Also not sure we're talking about the same thing coz if i press A to resync it slows down resync even more heh.

brausm08, I installed GX and CFGusb to test with d2xv7, resync is normal. so im pretty sure it's not d2x related...

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shortz1994 said:
excl.gif
tongue.gif

friken cry babies. just be glad wiiflow team is working on this. an be happy with what you have. if you didn't, don't, donate, then you don't have a right to bitch..
Wow, overreact much? not complaining; not bitching; not 'crying like a baby'.... i am excited that wiiflow is hot in development, and i agree the de-sync issue is not a big deal (i've even stated that i use 224wiiflow which this isn't a problem on)...i have not complained about it in this post or any prior post. someone showing interest and asking questions concerning development aspects, or reporting bugs for others to confirm/deny isn't a negative thing...was a simple inquiry concerning wiiflows dependence on a stable d2x7....nothing more. so, chill the F out....

@TheShadowRunner: you are correct about the pressing A during resync slowing the re-sync process down.... also, i was aware of the other loaders not having this sync behavior, but i can confirm that the de-sync/re-sync does not occur on any hermes based wiiflow.... i have also heard that if wiiflow is launched via HBC (not a forwarder), the de-sync/re-sync issue can be avoided entirely if you wiggle the controller during loading....this is is not something i'm confirming; but i did hear it on the IRC and others confirmed it there.... just a curious anomoly....

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
Anyone ever hear that jay-z skit where they're like "fu¢k you, pay me."... heh that is now my response to all complaints. $520 short on my rent and both of my wii's and both pc are gonna get sold to pay it or im out on the street with my wife and baby on wednesday. Pretty sad for a loader that gets like 1.5M downloads a month.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated