Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Winhacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also, i downloaded the programs that are required to compile wiiflow by yourself. it updates (downloading) to my computer up to r388

what direction do i have to write on svn checkout for having 411?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
shortz1994 said:
run the 250 dol. thats my main one. 250/56.. work better then 249. IMO. thanks etheboss
Your welcome....
huh.gif
i just don't know what for?
QUOTE(Winhacker @ Aug 11 2011, 10:26 PM) also, i downloaded the programs that are required to compile wiiflow by yourself. it updates (downloading) to my computer up to r388

what direction do i have to write on svn checkout for having 411?
Please don't double post all the time.

Look here: http://gbatemp.net/t204106-wiiflow-an-open...t&p=3806841

Winhacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cool! i just compiled my own r411!!!

also modified the thanks section and wrote "Winhacker compiled this"

muahahahaha

you can see the pictures here:

*snip

im happy
tongue.gif

i want to thank etheboss for his help
biggrin.gif

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Winhacker said:
cool! i just compiled my own r411!!!

also modified the thanks section and wrote "Winhacker compiled this"

muahahahaha
I hope the Wiiflow devs are not gonna hunt you down for this, i know what happend to the last guy who tried that.

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much for these new builds (410/411), but on my wii i see a regression to the flow.
Hard to explain but let's try: after launching I turn the carousel by keeping "down" pressed; it goes fast as usual. But if I press A on a cover so it comes to the front, then press B to go back, and _then_ keep holding "down" to turn the carousel again, it becomes "slow", it "skips" a lot. I erased the config files to start fresh but see the same thing...

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
the-rock said:
xfcrowman said:
the-rock said:
i see the wiiflowiki page has "VERY BETA 410" & "VERY BETA 411". any chance anyone can make a 222.bol of them. 249 always gives me problems as 222 doesnt. thanks

These betas only have support for the d2x cIOS, so they won't run on Hermes cIOS. At this point there really isn't a need for the Hermes cIOS anyway because the d2x cIOS can do everything that Hermes does and more.

I have been using r410 since it was released and I can tell you that it is stable and loads anything you throw at it.
To use r410 or 411, you need a d2x cIOS in slot 249. For example, I have d2xv6 (base 56) installed in slot 249.
You also need to delete gameconfig2.ini from the /wiiflow/settings folder and .wdm files as described in the wiki.

There are some amazing new features available in r410, like NAND emulation and auto IOS detection. The auto IOS detection feature will automatically pick the correct cIOS for a game. For example, to play Black Ops you don't need to pick a cIOS with base 57, just click play and wiiflow will automatically use a d2x cIOS with base 57.

To turn on/off NAND emulation, move your pointer to the channels button and press B. The NAND can be on the root of the USB drive or in a folder, but if its in a folder the path needs to be defined in wiiflow.ini.

r411 has initial support for save emulation, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Also, everyone should know that the themes still need to be updated to support these latest betas, so you should use the default theme for now until themes are updated.

Thanks again to miigotu, r-win, overjoy, and the wiiflow team for the fantastic work they have done
grog.gif

i have cIOS250[57]-v21d2x6 & cIOS249[56]-v21d2x6 installed & still have problems with the 249 dol. that's why i was hoping for a 222 dol as i hardly ever have problems with 222 dols. on 249 dols it usually takes a few tries for me to even get wiiflow to boot up. when i do finally get it to boot up i have even more problems

It is suggested that for these d2x ONLY versions you remove any other cios you have that is not in 202,222,223,224,225,236 (those are ignored by the cios detection)
This means you should not have anything between slot 100 and slot 253 except possibly those cios.
After that, install d2x v6 (or the alpha7 + v6 ehchi which ppl call "v7 fixed"), base 37 into slot 245, 38 into 246, 53 into 247, 55 into 248, 56 into 249, 57 into 250, and 58 into 251. This will allow most of your channels and games to run under a cios with its native IOS as the base, so don't bother changing the alt_ios option, leave it on AUTO. And while I'm at it, YES, channels use auto_ios also, even for nand emu.

Be sure to remove wiiflow.ini, the cache, and settings folders also, a clean install is recommended tho.

Hermes cios will not be supported anymore since d2x v7 will be using hermes ehci and you get all the good compatibility it brings as well as the speed improvements.
the v7 +v6 ehci works incredible here, better than any hermes ever did.

@The guy adding "compiled by xxxx" in the about screen.... As long as you leave the credits there and dont try to claim you did something special that is fine. Adding yourself to the developer section or something like that wont be tolerated. But I advise against releasing modified binaries since it will cause me headache in the long run when someone has an issue with your compiled dol.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ Etheboss, not so much what was said in this thread, it was me reading what the better dol to use for wiiflow, all the problems i was having was due to 249.(yes i had the most up to date 249). But i still dissagree with the ntfs an fat32 format for hd's.
yay.gif

thanks wiiflow team. great work.
yaywii.gif

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
shortz1994 said:
@ Etheboss, not so much what was said in this thread, it was me reading what the better dol to use for wiiflow, all the problems i was having was due to 249.(yes i had the most up to date 249). But i still dissagree with the ntfs an fat32 format for hd's.
yay.gif

thanks wiiflow team. great work.
yaywii.gif
Hehe, OK, no problem, i guess everybody has a different experience with their Wii hardware and software setup.
Good to hear it worked out for you..

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only bad thing so far are none of the game channels i made with crap3.3(new name is confusing). they work great with the beta dol before this one (250/56.?385r?) but 410 or 411 seem to work. but thats cool, i'll stick with the one i have. still good work. i played around with both of these 410r/411r an they work great.

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
shortz1994 said:
the only bad thing so far are none of the game channels i made with crap3.3(new name is confusing). they work great with the beta dol before this one (250/56.?385r?) but 410 or 411 seem to work. but thats cool, i'll stick with the one i have. still good work. i played around with both of these 410r/411r an they work great.

What would you need to use crap channels from INSIDE the loader for? Switch to game view and run the game directly. Secondly, NTFS/FAT32/EXT4 is greater than WBFS, hands down. There is zero arguments that can prove otherwise, yet many that prove ntfs/fat32 to be superior.

Elegant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So how exactly do we activate nand emulation? I have my nand on a fat32 usb hard drive what's the next step to enable it?

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mugotu said:
shortz1994 said:

What would you need to use crap channels from INSIDE the loader for? Switch to game view and run the game directly. Secondly, NTFS/FAT32/EXT4 is greater than WBFS, hands down. There is zero arguments that can prove otherwise, yet many that prove ntfs/fat32 to be superior.
sorry , no the game channels are in my main menu, after playing around inside wiiflow,"main menu". i went back to wii menu an tried to launch games,( 10 in total). they all give black screen, or half green/black. then lock up. so i need to do a hard reset. an yes i have my hd formated to fat32/32k. the only "wbfs" on my hd is the games. very rarely do i go into the main wiiflow men cause of the game channels. also i tested the few themes i have for wiiflow, dark wii, orange, violet, carbonick, green.. all of them give me a stack dump. but it's cool. like i said, i'll stay with 285r. thats the one thats working the best for me. thanks mugoto.
yaywii.gif

Elegant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mugotu said:
Elegant said:
So how exactly do we activate nand emulation? I have my nand on a fat32 usb hard drive what's the next step to enable it?

Hover over the cusb/channel/homebrew button and press B.

Thanks! I got it, I have another weird bug but I think that's my end...

corrupted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi I have wiiflow beta 410, i tried putting it into priiloader to autoload and it does not load up. and when i pick install file it justs gives me a black screen. Any suggestions?
Wii specs
202 - base 60 hermes v5.1
222 - base 38 merge 37 hermes v4
223 - base 38 merge 60 hermes v4
224 - base 57 hermes v5.1
236 - IOS36 v3351 Patched & Installed
247 - base 37 rev 21d2xv6
248 - base 56 rev 21d2xv6
249 - base 56 rev 21d2xv6
250 - base 57 rev 21d2xv6
Wiiflow 2.2 r401 beta
Bootmii @ ISO

Kalidor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just one thing Mugotu !

Fat32 : Corruption and fragmentation possible
NTfs : Corruption & fragmentation possible
WBFS : Corruption ( very difficult) fragmentation ( no)

Superior ?

Where ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1