Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

fcreeves

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL...R95 works, I can see isos on FAT now. I can't launch ANY of my EMU ISOs on FAT or WBFS (that was the whole point...well I can install my whole game collecion on 1.5TB HDs now) Too tired to troubleshoot. I wasted a day on trial and error on r92a.

If any one has suggestions...I am all ears as I have learned my lesson about late night modding. No Firmware upgrades, no HTC flashing, no xbox hd building late at night anymore. Can only damage or waste time.

Thanks for the support.

Edit r95 222 loaded EMU ISO!!! So much for puttin the WiiMote down.

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
w!! said:
@fcreeves: Sounds like mugotu is looking into what the prob is... If you can follow his suggestion as a work around and see if it works, it may help him... I just couldn't get CIOS 222 v3 to install for me... hopefully it'll be fixed in the next revision ;)
Im working on it.It definitely looks like the code in wiiflow for using hermes v4+ and waninkok v18+

fcreeves said:
LOL...R95 works, I can see isos on FAT now. I can't launch ANY of my EMU ISOs on FAT or WBFS (that was the whole point...well I can install my whole game collecion on 1.5TB HDs now) Too tired to troubleshoot. I wasted a day on trial and error on r92a.

If any one has suggestions...I am all ears as I have learned my lesson about late night modding. No Firmware upgrades, no HTC flashing, no xbox hd building late at night anymore. Can only damage or waste time.

Thanks for the support.

Edit r95 222 loaded EMU ISO!!! So much for puttin the WiiMote down.
Yes, forwarder isos must be launched with hermes cIOS. 3isos only works with that.

QUOTE(terminal_illness @ Jul 13 2010, 10:30 PM)
i want nand emulation mugotu. and then and only then will this be the best loader hands down no arguments. (in my opinion it already IS the best)
Nand emu is the next thing on MY list as well, some ppl disagree and think other things need done first but im looking at what will be usable to everyone rather than just a portion of wiiflow users.

LIST:
BUGS! Selecting multiple partitions of the same type.
Nand Emu, with dlc and saves on usb/sd
BUGS!
Coverflow views to view roms and direct boot them to external emulators (controversial)
BUGS!
Alt Dol+
BUGS!
Simple wiitdb.zip implementation
BUGS!
ntfs fixing read/write and data on ntfs

LOL notice my major focus on bugs.

OlivierTheBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I would like a little clarification regarding WII games titles :

WIIFLO displays them in English, how is it possible to change it to French :

Do I have to update titles.ini and where can I find the good one ?

Thanks

Olivier

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've got a bit of a question. I came across this post in the 3ISO's studio thread:

mugotu said:
Wiiflow will soon create coverflow boxes for channels and dols without having an extra iso, eventually moving on to emulated nand for channels as well, all in a seperate coverflow view from your normal games. So all you need is covers...
The adding of channels as boxes has since then been implemented since (yeeeey!
yaywii.gif
), but I haven't seen or heard about loading dols without an iso forwarder since. Is this also something that's on the TO DO-list?
smile.gif

(or am I missing the option completely...I would think that opening roms with a corresponding emulator is harder than actually opening the emulator itself)

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wever said:
I've got a bit of a question. I came across this post in the 3ISO's studio thread:

mugotu said:
Wiiflow will soon create coverflow boxes for channels and dols without having an extra iso, eventually moving on to emulated nand for channels as well, all in a seperate coverflow view from your normal games. So all you need is covers...
The adding of channels as boxes has since then been implemented since (yeeeey!
yaywii.gif
), but I haven't seen or heard about loading dols without an iso forwarder since. Is this also something that's on the TO DO-list?
smile.gif

(or am I missing the option completely...I would think that opening roms with a corresponding emulator is harder than actually opening the emulator itself)

Te current to do list is :

LIST:
BUGS! Selecting multiple partitions of the same type.
Nand Emu, with dlc and saves on usb/sd
BUGS!
Coverflow views to view roms and direct boot them to external emulators (controversial)
BUGS!
Alt Dol+
BUGS!
Simple wiitdb.zip implementation
BUGS!
ntfs fixing read/write and data on ntfs
biggrin.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've read that post, yes. That's also the reason I ask my question. It's odd to me that the list contains "Coverflow views to view roms and direct boot them to external emulators" when there isn't a way to boot external emulators* to begin with.

So I'll ask again: is there a way to load homebrew apps (e.g. SD:\apps\snes9x\boot.dol) without installing it as a channel or without using a forwarder ISO?
smile.gif

*or any other homebrew, for that matter

iiixtream

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also would love to see nand emulation. It would make things a million times easier. Also as Wever said loading a homebrew dol would be pretty sweet too. Great work on this loader which is #1 in my book. Thanks for all the hard work.

fcreeves

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
terminal_illness said:
i want nand emulation mugotu. and then and only then will this be the best loader hands down no arguments. (in my opinion it already IS the best)

That would pretty much cover it!!!!

Also...probably a need to EXCLUDE a partition...for instance, the initial FAT32 so it does not jump to the "install game" screen.

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mugotu:

r96 turn off remotes not working 100%

if a person choose to turn off wii by pressing the power button on the console itself remotes stay on

if i connect wiimote1 and wiimote2 both can controll the screen which is great start, but if i press power off on wiimote1 the wii shuts down and power turn off on wiimote1 but wiimote2 power is still on

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
mgrimmenator said:
Mugotu:

r96 turn off remotes not working 100%

if a person choose to turn off wii by pressing the power button on the console itself remotes stay on

if i connect wiimote1 and wiimote2 both can controll the screen which is great start, but if i press power off on wiimote1 the wii shuts down and power turn off on wiimote1 but wiimote2 power is still on
LOL why do you always do that? you tell me on irc then tell me on forum too? wth lol... google says its incomplete, because its incomplete.

Anyways, for the ppl asking about dol loading, wiiflow already has a method to do that, how you think it boots alt dols? The ability to use it will get added with my other rom views, but it will be in the dev svn for a long while. Patience. I think wiiflow is moving more than fast enough already.

propered

Trophies
XP
Country
As a standard I have my wiiflow (222) in sd:"apps/wiiflow"
but for my music games i try wiiflow (223) in sd:"apps/wiiflow223"
it always freezes in menu/usually settings
do i have to rename my folders to always be "wiiflow" not "wiiflow223" as this means i can only have one instance of wiiflow working at any one time on my sd

is this true many thanks and great work btw

ps my other files (covers art etc) are on usb and work fine

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
propered said:
do i have to rename my folders to always be "wiiflow" not "wiiflow223" as this means i can only have one instance of wiiflow working at any one time on my sd

Just use one wiiflow(222) and then for music games in the individual game settings switch them to run from 223

problem solved

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
mugotu said:
Anyways, for the ppl asking about dol loading, wiiflow already has a method to do that, how you think it boots alt dols? The ability to use it will get added with my other rom views, but it will be in the dev svn for a long while. Patience. I think wiiflow is moving more than fast enough already.
Thanks for the kind reply.
smile.gif

fcreeves

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even know how to express what is going on with this development....Words can't describe.

Everyone, do you realize what these guys are trying to accomplish...pretty much no need to goto hombrew or the sys menu ever again...everything accessible from WiiFlow.

Reminds me of XBMC back in the day (Actually its still alive)..

mugotu, let me paypal you a few bucks...send me info. I hope others will do the same as you guys deserve it!!!

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
propered said:

Yes, at this time, wiiflow is required to be in apps/wiiflow.

QUOTE(fcreeves @ Jul 14 2010, 05:26 PM) I don't even know how to express what is going on with this development....Words can't describe.

Everyone, do you realize what these guys are trying to accomplish...pretty much no need to goto hombrew or the sys menu ever again...everything accessible from WiiFlow.

Reminds me of XBMC back in the day (Actually its still alive)..

mugotu, let me paypal you a few bucks...send me info. I hope others will do the same as you guys deserve it!!!
I pm'd you, but for anyone else who is interested in the same thing, my donate button is on the wiiflow team page @ Wiiflowiki . Donation and adsense clicks is the only income I have atm (none so far yet xD, besides Bubba donating a gecko) since I am out of work, so anything form anyone is greatly appreciated.
Other donate buttons will be there in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la