Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tj_cool said:
So WiiFlow has FAT32/NTFS Support too now? When was it added?
Long time ago, actually
tongue.gif

But expect a new official release early next week.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
mugotu said:
Obviously it cant be useless if EVERY LOADER is fixing this. The whole point of a usbloader is to just run EVERY game you try to trun, and they are adding new antipiracy like this.
We are not here to code an app the way one person sees it, we are here to code for a COMMUNITY.
Sorry, statements like that annoy me. Hell a few days ago i was awake 46+ hours coding wiiflow and fixing bugs. Trying to bring the most reliable release ever out for you guys.. Please show some appreciation.

It's useless for me , as i don't play (and don't wanna play) this game.
Read carefully my previous message :
- these new features are useless FOR ME , but i believe they are not for everyone.

Btw i was not talking about the PoP fix , yes , a good loader must be able to run every game , it's true.
But it's not this PoP fix which is adding 16 or more buttons to the loader.......
wink.gif

I show some appreciation , you and R-win make good work , i can't deny it.
You have time to spend for this , great , i don't have anymore , that's it.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
@Benjay

I suppose the update of your themes take you less than an hour. I should be grateful if you can do us a favour.

Many Thanks !

xabby666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm sorry but i ask: if i want to insert a fanart for NSMB, what is the name of the png i must insert in the directory, exactly? I can't see no one fanart pic.

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
sd;wiiflow/fanart/background/xxx.png
same has USB too ..

wiiflow.ini is

dir_fanart=sd:/wiiflow/fanart
dir_fanart=usb:/wiiflow/fanart

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
TeenTin said:
I suppose the update of your themes take you less than an hour.

You're wrong.
There are 3 themes to update.
And before releasing the updates , i must test them. (yes , i'm very meticulous....)
And to test them , i must update my wiiflow , involving to begin from scratch to avoid strange behaviour of my loader with old .ini
so , finally , it should take really much more than 1 hour.

The last time i had to update them (FAT/NTFS support , and cheat menu) , it took me a half day to get something correct , because i use some tricks in my .ini that can't be set up quickly (especially in the carbonik theme).
Maybe i'll do it if i find some free time , because i have some kind of "respect" for the wiiflow users like you
wink.gif

Jiiwah

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Those wanting to update Benjay's themes can come talk to me on IRC.

@Benjay : Have good fun with your new projects
wink.gif

And I LOOOOOOVE categories !!!!!!

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Benjay said:
Maybe i'll do it if i find some free time , because i have some kind of "respect" for the wiiflow users like you
wink.gif
@Jiiwah/Benjay: Well, I have an other request for you and the Starnight-Team...explain how themes work in WiiFlow. You two seem to be the only people who really know all the options and tricks you can do with the .ini, and it would really help other users/themers to share your experience (for example I still have no Idea about those "VAL"-Entries). WiiFlow still lacks a whole Site/Page, with everything explained about themes. A Googlecode-Page about this would be perfect...

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i made some custom covers for wiiflow but not sure how to produce the .wfc file and anything else it needs.

is it possible to create my own custom wiiflow covers?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Digital1980 said:
i made some custom covers for wiiflow but not sure how to produce the .wfc file and anything else it needs.

is it possible to create my own custom wiiflow covers?
This was answered before, but anyways... the .wfc-File should be automaticly created. Just name the .png with the ID6 of the game (don't forget that it shouldn't be bigger than 1024x680), and place it to your other covers.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jiiwah said:
@Benjay : Have good fun with your new projects
wink.gif

Exactly! Benjay, nothing but appreciation for your work on making Wiiflow better. I wish that you would continue your work, but I do respect it if you don't. Have fun with the Andriod, and I hope you can create some kick ass interfaces for it
smile.gif

Blue-K said:
Benjay said:
wink.gif

@Jiiwah/Benjay: Well, I have an other request for you and the Starnight-Team...explain how themes work in WiiFlow. You two seem to be the only people who really know all the options and tricks you can do with the .ini, and it would really help other users/themers to share your experience (for example I still have no Idea about those "VAL"-Entries). WiiFlow still lacks a whole Site/Page, with everything explained about themes. A Googlecode-Page about this would be perfect...
Good point. I think both Benjay and Jiiwah are the guru's of theming. I have no clue how Hibern implemented this (I didn't take a look yet
tongue.gif
), and some knowledge base would be fine. However, creating a knowlegde base would take more time then fixing the themes
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(wipy @ Jun 5 2010, 11:13 PM)
Riivolution folder

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna miss Benjay's work on WiiFlow.
frown.gif
Im ok with the default theme, but if someone could make a more official looking forwarder channel for it, I might be happier using it.

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
jservs7 said:
I'm gonna miss Benjay's work on WiiFlow.
frown.gif
Im ok with the default theme, but if someone could make a more official looking forwarder channel for it, I might be happier using it.

I personally always use the default theme, and Spayrosam forwarder.

I also love Benjay's work and several friends use a selection of his.

I'd also like to thank him for his work, and hope in the future he has time to update it or direct others on how to do it.

I might even have a go myself, but fully understand the time involved and the limitation of my own so I fully understand if he wishes to wait until a further stable version is out with useful features. I personally felt NTFS/FAT and Cheat selection were useful, even though I personally do not use cheats.

I am looking forward to the return to channel option, and having selections within the setting instead of within the ini is a great idea. I will also try the other option before making up my mind, maybe fan art and trailers will be cool, although I do not think so. I've been wrong in the past about what I'd like.

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, about the trailers, you never know that feature exists if you have no videos xD.
Riivolution, I'm going to fix that from making that folder right now in our sources.

We ave 2 current standing bugs atm..... ISO files will not play (to be fixed in a future release), they must be *.wbfs files on the ntfs/fat32
2nd is this damn install/delete games bug which isnt working. I've been spending alot of time on that bug for the release, hopefully when my gecko comes in the mail it will be fast to find it.

I think until my gecko comes i will leave those 2 bugs alone. For now I'm going to work on finishing the updater I put in... It should allow you to select the ios version you want and also which revision you want to DL, and it will display the changelog in the same window when you have each release selected. Should be a nice feature for all.

As for the themers, Jiiwah has made a list of all the new buttons and tags that have been added, with all of the positions and whatnot.... Find it here: http://jiiwah.perso.sfr.fr/WiiFlow/theme%20update.txt

I will be adding an option to turn the debugger options on and off, and i'm not sure if i remember right if there is one more on my list of things to do so it shouldnt be many more buttons coming until we finish our other projects.

I'm really hoping me and r-win can get these things done so I can work on our other suprises soon!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: :sad: