Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I think that's something that the RA devs have to add on their end. Awhile back they did say there were plans to add some support for that but they're pretty busy with other stuff. Now is a good time to pass by the RetroArch thread and give a request. Don't forget to say wassup and throw 'em a thanks ;)

Reactions: spacepimp

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Any chance of getting Game Titles support for FBA RetroArch plugin?
There might be some creative way to get around it (like what I do with dummy files on the devolution plugin, for example) ... what exactly does the INI file look like for that plugin and what are the files named?

EDIT : I haven't looked at the INI file but if, for example, the filetypes= and arguments= lines were something like

filetypes=.zip
arguments={device}:/{path}/{name}

and this particular ROM was

sd:/ROMS/filename.zip

and always had to have that name, you could create a dummy file (0 byte file) with the desired name in a subfolder with the same name as the ROM (without the extension) so you'd end up with

sd:/ROMS/filename.zip
AND
sd:/ROMS/filename/game-name.name

and change the INI file so that it says

filetypes=.name
arguments={device}:/{path}.zip

and so that way filename.zip would then show up in WiiFlow as game-name (with the right cover, too, as long as you renamed the cover file from filename.zip.png TO game-name.name.png) ;)

painless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there should be a caveat posted within WiiFlow or on it's official site, warning users that XXXXX or fewer nand titles are tested and work seamlessly. Adding more than XXXXX titles will most likely result in slow load times but will still work.

WiiFlow is by far the most versatile program for modded Wii's. Thank you to all who have, and are, working on it.

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there should be a caveat posted within WiiFlow or on it's official site, warning users that XXXXX or fewer nand titles are tested and work seamlessly. Adding more than XXXXX titles will most likely result in slow load times but will still work.

WiiFlow is by far the most versatile program for modded Wii's. Thank you to all who have, and are, working on it.
The problem with that, I think, is that there's not an exact number to put there. The same number of titles might perform well on one hard drive and poorly on another. Even on a single drive, I've had cases where performance was bad, I deleted a couple of titles, performance improved, then I added more new titles than I removed without it getting worse again. There seem to be somewhat unpredictable factors involved. Also, the change in performance is often gradual, and different people have different standards of what sort of load times are acceptable.

I think the real caveat is that this is software made by hobbyists, tested by only a few people, running on hacked firmware, which loads games from sources they weren't designed for. That's YMMV city from any angle you look at. From the very start, nothing is guaranteed. But we're lucky enough to have helpful developers and a (usually) friendly community of users.

Reactions: MassiveRican

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
anyone feels like testing nintendont with wiiflow?
http://fix94.no-ip.org/wf_revs/boot_r1019.7z
cool. I'll see if I can find time to test this tonight if I can.
Do we just set the gamecube loading method from DM(L) or Devolution to Nintendont in the settings or is it detected automatically or how is this done? and where (if anywhere) do we put Nintendont's DOL file?

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
cool. I'll see if I can find time to test this tonight if I can.
Do we just set the gamecube loading method from DM(L) or Devolution to Nintendont in the settings or is it detected automatically or how is this done? and where (if anywhere) do we put Nintendont's DOL file?
D/load Nintendont here there's a readme that'll tell u everything u need to know to get it up and running bud. Unfortunately my nets still down so no d/loading for me. As far as WiiFlow and how it's detected/setup I have no idea since I'm stuck at r1004.

Reactions: SmokeyTheDog

kelvinml

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if someone could help me out with a problem I am having. I have the latest revision of wiiflow and carbonic abz and when I try to adjust coverflow in the settings and save my changes, it just never saves and goes back to the way it was. For instance when I have my lcd in 16:9 the snes covers look fine but when I change my lcd to 4:3 mode which is my primary preference for wiiflow, the snes covers look very square box like, so I go into coverflow settings and change camera mode to 4:3 instead of default 16:9 and get it looking good then save and back out. The covers go right back the way they were and then I go back into coverflow settings and its right back on 16:9 mode. Some help would be much appreciated.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have what seems like a good idea. Would it be possible to have each plugin cycle through only coverflows specified in the ini.

The number of coverflows differs from theme to theme, and it's a bit of a hassle to flip through coverflows for other emulators to get to the next one for the present plugin. That is, I don't want to have to flip through square and vertical coverflows to find the next flow for N64.

As it is now, we can have each plugin default to X coverflow when it is selected. What I propose is that we be able to list which flows we want it to skip to next.

So it would be something like
Carbonik=1,3,5,7,

It would start on 1, skip to 3,5 and 7, then cycle back to 1.

EDIT: I just found a bug with Source Flow. With it on, B- device switching seems broken in a weird way. It will show as if it were on the next device, but show titles from the previous device. (I have N64 games on SD only. I hit B- and it still showed the games, but it said USB1 up at the top. Launching a game now, obviously fails.)

When you back out after switching devices, and go back into said plugin, it correctly shows what is (or isn't) on there. However you are only able to cycle to the next device one at a time. (If SD and partitioned HDD, then you can only go to USB1 from SD, and have to back out and select the plugin again to go from USB1 to USB2, etc.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have what seems like a good idea. Would it be possible to have each plugin cycle through only coverflows specified in the ini.

The number of coverflows differs from theme to theme, and it's a bit of a hassle to flip through coverflows for other emulators to get to the next one for the present plugin. That is, I don't want to have to flip through square and vertical coverflows to find the next flow for N64.

As it is now, we can have each plugin default to X coverflow when it is selected. What I propose is that we be able to list which flows we want it to skip to next.

So it would be something like
Carbonik=1,3,5,7,

It would start on 1, skip to 3,5 and 7, then cycle back to 1.

EDIT: I just found a bug with Source Flow. With it on, B- device switching seems broken in a weird way. It will show as if it were on the next device, but show titles from the previous device. (I have N64 games on SD only. I hit B- and it still showed the games, but it said USB1 up at the top. Launching a game now, obviously fails.)

When you back out after switching devices, and go back into said plugin, it correctly shows what is (or isn't) on there. However you are only able to cycle to the next device one at a time. (If SD and partitioned HDD, then you can only go to USB1 from SD, and have to back out and select the plugin again to go from USB1 to USB2, etc.

actually b and - shouldn't even be working when viewing sourceflow (it's disabled in sourceflow). sounds like the partition isn't being set right when u select a plugin in sourceflow - i'll look into it

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually b and - shouldn't even be working when viewing sourceflow (it's disabled in sourceflow). sounds like the partition isn't being set right when u select a plugin in sourceflow - i'll look into it
Not when viewing sourceflow, when in plugin view after selecting a source.

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Visibility Covers for SourceFlow:

(Just copy over your existing small_covers folder)

/source_menu/small_covers

A - L in one .7z
http://www.mediafire.com/?g90ha1s0pw7p9zm

Folder
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/kp2z62m0ic1ty/Small_Covers_A_-_L#
Windows explorer screengrab:

P1VTNei.png

Enjoy!
p.s. first real artwork upload, so all comments welcome.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the MPlayer CE plugin or Wiiflow in general able to support sub folders yet? I ask this again cuz Wiiflow has come a long way since I last asked. I would be happy if I could just put entire TV series in one folder and then just use the season dvd cover for that episode.
Thanks.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Is the MPlayer CE plugin or Wiiflow in general able to support sub folders yet? I ask this again cuz Wiiflow has come a long way since I last asked. I would be happy if I could just put entire TV series in one folder and then just use the season dvd cover for that episode.
Thanks.
It's all a matter of getting it to support playlists through an argument. On Wiibrew it's obvious that it supports playlists but I just don't know where to look up the arguments it might take in order to run a playlist (I think this was the same problem the last time this was brought up) :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel