Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Ya I know I could make yet another coverflow but I'd still have the same problem. It'd be good if the coverflow could autoswitch based on the plugin ini of the game selected. But I understand if its too difficult.
That sounds like a great idea but how slow and memory intensive would that be? It might code dump much quicker, but think fix made a change in how coverflow switches views that doesn't affect memory but speed. Either way that sounds like a cool idea if it could be implemented.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Carbonic Abz theme to be used with new retroarch plugins (PGM, Psikyo, Mednafen VB, Mednafen Neopop and Nestopia)
The plugins will follow later in a new updated pack after the retroarch devs finish the bugfixes
Source menu icons and missing covers are also in the 7z pack
I included both the classic theme as default and provided the ini for the updated mod with no settings button by Wiimanofthenorth
Also included both basic and advanced source menu ini
You'll also find a list of all magic numbers

Here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?r3bjrh8bq0ima6a
Abz :)

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well, I booted Metroid Prime Trilogy today and the idea came to me suddenly.FIX are you interested in adding a second hook for Ocarina cheats (like Gecko OS if I remember correctly) in order to use Ocarina cheats with IOS reload games?

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Found a tiny bug...4.1

Wiimote loses sync when wiiflow loads if no USB drive is connected.
(Obviously this doesn't effect users with wiiflow data on USB)

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On rev 781, How do I get my Wii game cases to change back to their original colors? NSMB Wii-Red, Mario Kart Black & Pandora's Tower-Black, Mario & Sonic London 2012-Yellow?
Not liking the white case on those..

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
On rev 781, How do I get my Wii game cases to change back to their original colors? NSMB Wii-Red, Mario Kart Black & Pandora's Tower-Black, Mario & Sonic London 2012-Yellow?
Not liking the white case on those..
I'm not sure why it would have STOPPED doing that automatically
BUT
In the /wiiflow/settings/custom_titles.ini file (you can create it if it's not there) there are two sections. There's one called [TITLES] and one called [COVERS] it's the covers section that you can put GameID=#XXXXXXXX (no spaces) for all the covers you want to change from their default in there
more details on the Wiki https://sites.google.com/site/wiiflowiki4/custom-titles
so it would look something like
Code:
[TITLES]
R36E69=Rock Band: Green Day

[COVERS]
R9JP69=#FF0000FF
G4SE01=#000000FF
remember always to include a blank line at the beginning of the file to make sure it reads it right.

Reactions: ToddofWar420

wiimanofthenorth

Trophies
XP
Country
To update the scummvm plugin, is it just a matter of replacing the .dol file with a newer version directly from the scummvm website? Or does one have to wait for it to be tweaked first to make it work with wiiflow?

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MAN WTF?
I go MIA for almost a month an wiiflow has blown to massive proportion as it is now.
though i do feel sorry for a noob. this can be a little hard.( getting it set up.).. no offence to the tut's wrote.(Aballah Terro. i tell most friends to use that one.) still following those guides it could get over whelming.
so now that we have every plugin that i now of. for movies/games... CAN WE PLEASE GET ONE FOR MP3..( gosh.)
I have gotten wiiflow to show mp3 covers in coverflow. but when trying to launch it will go to black screen, or to the loader.( like a forwarder.)
couldn't wiiflow use our files in the music folder for coverflow? to me that would be the easy way. i would guess.
nice work by wiiflow team.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I hacked up a couple of the Abz's source menu buttons for myself in MS Paint to be able to put similar boxes together in the same coverflow and thought I'd share (I don't have that many emus and like to have all my main, most used options on the first source menu page if possible)

http://www.mediafire.com/?qs3na3c2gdbv5lj

drawing-26317.jpg

If anyone wants to clean them up and add transparancy with something a bit more professional than MS Paint, be my guest.

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
problem from R848 to 873
does not save in nandemu
thanks
I've been having similar issues recently. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.
Initially I guessed it was something to do with the new d2x v10 alt I was using so I was going to swap to the other v10 to see if that made any difference. Have not had the chance yet.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i noticed a save issue too. mario galaxy 2 save in USB Loader GX does not match what Wiiflow is loading. The number of stars differs. i haven't checked anything else as I have not played much lately but I can if FIX94 asks :)

the setup is pointing to the same NAND i checked it twice and my wife even seen they are looking at the same nand.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
@etheboss sorry man I confirm none of my emusaves are loading right now. I don't know which rev it happened but emusave is definitely broken right now. At least for me.

The following changes in wiiflow.ini fixed my problem
Code:
force_cios_load=yes
force_cios_rev=249
Changes can be done right from the GUI with no need for text file editing. It's a beautiful thing.

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Now I know I'm not going mad, further to this, the last time I checked it didn't seem as though the real NAND game saves were extracting to emuNAND properly either, in the individual game options.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm, maybe it has to do something with the d2x cios then...

My personal experience is everyting is working fine with emusave, not counting the known problems, like Zelda SS.
I am still usin D2X v8 (249 w. base 56, 250 w. base 57)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I want money too I should upload Ai videos of Psi getting laid +1