Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
@[member='OverjoY'],
Can the neek2o r90+ direct title loading be applied to DM(L)?
It would be nice to be able to have DM in real NAND and DML in emuNAND or visa versa and be able to use BOTH from WiiFlow whether running from either real OR emuNAND. (QuadForce would be cool, too.)

It would also be cool if that would open the door for booting Wii games directly with DI to not have to have a cIOS for Wii backups (+1 for Tin Tin compatibility, too) even if that was only available in neek2o mode.

Reactions: 1 person

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@everyone who wants to autoboot wiiflow via priiloader and keep IOS58 mode just install this dol file:
http://www.mediafire...1f3qws0w1w1dnm6
It'll just autoboot the v14b channel (needs to be installed ofc) and then you can use wiiflow with IOS58 from priiloader autobooted ;)
Is it too much to hope for some with fancy splash screens, or a tutorial on how to add your own?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
@everyone who wants to autoboot wiiflow via priiloader and keep IOS58 mode just install this dol file:
http://www.mediafire...1f3qws0w1w1dnm6
It'll just autoboot the v14b channel (needs to be installed ofc) and then you can use wiiflow with IOS58 from priiloader autobooted ;)
Is it too much to hope for some with fancy splash screens, or a tutorial on how to add your own?
you can use customiizemii complex forwarder feature to add 16:9 or 4:3 splash screens and then extract the apploader from the channel, however this will not behave the same as 14b forwarder and the dol will be much larger.
"devkit Pro" is a prerequisite here or simply the complex forwarder won't be available
Hope this helps :)

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
@[member='bostonbc'] I think you were the one that made the categories.ini to share for the masses last time, I was wondering now with the new categories_v4 that fledge has created if you were going to need to update the file. I'm going to start working on my categories tonight, but I thought you might have the most complete version with damn near 1200 games or over that # lol.

Reactions: 1 person

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I was actually gonna make a little app to quickly convert an existing categories.ini to categores_v4.ini,
It's only half way done since I just haven't actually started WiiFlow since I updated to 4.0.1 so I don't have the default file it creates to go off of for the correct format.
I hope to do that tonight when I have access to my Wii again (although I also had hoped to do that last night but no dice.)

Reactions: 2 people

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been meaning to post this for a long time but I think favorites_on_startup=yes is no longer working. I always have save favorite mode state set to "on" in global settings, but whenever I boot into wiiflow again the favorites icon is never active :( isn't that what the option is for. It's been broken for a long time for me and I was wondering if it was just me.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I've been meaning to post this for a long time but I think favorites_on_startup=yes is no longer working. I always have save favorite mode state set to "on" in global settings, but whenever I boot into wiiflow again the favorites icon is never active :( isn't that what the option is for. It's been broken for a long time for me and I was wondering if it was just me.
Hmm, I didn't even know that option existed.
At first I thought you were talking about the "source menu on startup" or "categories on startup" which were the ones I was familiar with but they do something completely different. Sounds like a nice option to have, though. Any idea about what rev it died on?

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
The new wiiflow with the video preview is amazing, well done to all those are involved.

Also the about screen much better now. Before it seemed that miigotu was behind wiiflow and not Hibernatus though his name was there

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering if something was possible?
Using existing code from wiiflow 2.x, wiiflow could load boot/wait animations from a given folder. Could themes have custom boot and/or wait animations?
The number of frames, how it looopspoooloops, the folder containing the images could all be defined in the relevent ini.

I understand that at present wiiflow would load the current default, and then the image from the folder, and this would make the animation painfully slow.

However, what if we had a tiny tiny default boot animation?

Can you blow up a tiny image, (I'm talking, 64x64, 16x16 !?) to fill up a large part of the TV? 4:3, 16:9 ratio, cinemascope? EDT: A 16:9 pixel animation, writ large!
Have a standard, say 8 frames?
looped either 1-8,1-8 or 1 -8, 8-1
I was wondering about how compression creates a flow of colour between pixels, and how heavily pixelated images can look remarkable when you can see the individual pixels. And how it's a real challenge to animate something really funky really small, at pixel level.

If it's a workable idea, I'd contribute to a tiniest funky boot animation competition.

If something were small, enough, could it allow for a usable themeable boot animation using the old existing code?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The new wiiflow with the video preview is amazing, well done to all those are involved.

Also the about screen much better now. Before it seemed that miigotu was behind wiiflow and not Hibernatus though his name was there
Yep, this is how it is suppost to be, and that is partly why there was a split up with Miigotu and he went his own way with Wiiflow Advanced.

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
If I'm understanding correctly it doesn't have anything to do with IOS so much as giving you the kind of access to the system only Starlet (the ARM CPU that the IOS runs on) normally has, but on the PPC instead (the main CPU of the Wii). That means certain things work a lot better or are a lot easier, such as accessing files from DVDs as was already said. It also means things like NAND access are a lot easier.
So wiiflow will go a lot lot faster?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
TBH I'm not entirely clear on what AHBPROT does and why it means I don't need an ios loaded?
Lemme give a short explaination, AHB is a bus to the hardware, PROT means protection, so with AHBPROT patched out, we gain full hardware access, no need for cIOS to access NAND and stuff, so in short if wiiflow detects IOS58 is currently loaded and AHBPROT is patched out, wiiflow will just use that setup instead of reloading to a cIOS since most features work fine in IOS58 mode. Devolution for example needs AHBPROT patched out, you know it does alot of crazy hardware shit. Only a few cIOS really patch out AHBPROT (d2x v9 beta r49 for example does, v8 final doesnt), so if you use for example v8 final and then try to boot Devolution, it doesnt work. If you only boot wii games/channels, then a cIOS is used so that IOS58 mode is not needed, but if you boot plugins, homebrew or gamecube, then wiiflow will reload to IOS58, or in IOS58 mode just use it again :P So the usage of that mode depends on your game booting. I have activated by default because the time to reload to a cIOS is pretty short, and only the features of wii game booting/installing and channel booting need a cIOS.

Reactions: 5 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: